Still can't decide, just a few weeks left!

See the results of this poll: Which combination?

Respondents: 46 (This poll is closed)

• Isaac Boone : 20 (30%)
  • Isaac Edward : 9 (13%)
  • Isaac David : 6 (9%)
  • Isaac Elliot : 15 (22%)
  • Boone Isaac : 2 (3%)
  • Boone Davidson : 1 (1%)
  • Boone Edward : 5 (7%)
  • Boone Elliot: 9 (13%)

I prefer [name]Isaac[/name] or [name]Elliot[/name] over [name]Boone[/name]. [name]Boone[/name] reminds me of [name]Daniel[/name] [name]Boone[/name], so I immediately think of pioneer days. Not so much backwoods country, but definitely frontier-ish. Sorry, that’s just my personal opinion.

Personally, I’d pick [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] to go with your last name. I think it just flows well and sounds good with [name]Eden[/name]/[name]Edie[/name].

I have to admit I have voted [name]Isaac[/name] in the best but [name]Boone[/name] is growing on me. [name]Boone[/name] Be@tty is good alliteration, it’s memorable and punchy, I could get behind it.

I think I will always come down on the side of [name]Isaac[/name], every time, because I am just a big old naming conservative at heart, but difference is what makes the world go round. : D. And I definitely [name]LOVE[/name] the sound and idea of a lot of braver names. [name]Boone[/name] isn’t normally one I would go in for, but it is "happy* sounding, and the love you guys clearly feel for it comes through, which makes it even happier! So I’m kind of digging it in your case.

Here’s a thought: [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Isaac[/name] is a bit of a Biblical and vowel-heavy set.
[name]Eden[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name] and [name]Boone[/name] is heavy on the -n endings, and also, what I notice is they both relate to your surnames interestingly. [name]Edie[/name] Be@tty is rhymey (how rhymey depends on how you pronounce the ea, which I’m not sure of?), and [name]Boone[/name] Be@tty is alliterative.

[name]Do[/name] you like one of those patterns better than the other? Does one feel more limiting or more empowering in terms of future possible children? Or is there no difference?

I feel like you guys love [name]Boone[/name] so much you should go for [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Boone[/name] if you call him [name]Isaac[/name], so you have that option.

Whereas with [name]Boone[/name], personally I wouldn’t love the initials BIB for [name]Boone[/name] [name]Isaac[/name], although it’s not unusable. [name]Boone[/name] [name]Edward[/name] is pretty nice.

[name]Boone[/name] does seem like there could be some risk of Boo or boom even boob teasing :/, but, again, no guarantee it would and it’s hardly the worst teasing risk. [name]Isaac[/name] has some teasing risk too no doubt. [name]Every[/name] name does.

[name]Even[/name] if you go with [name]Isaac[/name] and another middle (I like [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Edward[/name] particularly, but again, big old naming conservative here), do you think [name]Boon/name could be a nickname? [name]Boon[/name] is a word for a positive thing (hence the “happy” feeling), and certainly a baby is that, so to me this is plausible enough.

Anyway there’s obviously nothing too decisive here, but hopefully something here will guide you to what you feel is the best choice for you and your family. That’s ultimately what matters most : D.

Good luck!

I like [name]Isaac[/name] much better for a first name than [name]Boone[/name].

[name]Boone[/name] [name]Elliot[/name]!!

[name]Isaac[/name] [name]Boone[/name] gets my vote! I prefer [name]Boone[/name] in the middle spot.

I also prefer [name]Isaac[/name] as a first name - and [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Boone[/name] sounds amazing to me!

[name]Isaac[/name] [name]Boone[/name] is by far my favorite.

Wow, looks like [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Boone[/name] has a strong lead! I do like that combo even if I was hoping to use a family name - we weren’t set on it after much discussion (since my maiden name will be the second middle name anyway). Plus it lets us use both names we love and this baby is definitely a blessing.

jesba- thank you for all your points and insights. I know what you mean about the combo of both sets of names and I don’t want to sound too biblical since we aren’t really religious (though I have heard and like the story of [name]Isaac[/name] and the meaning of laughter) and when I started the naming process I decided no 2 syllable names that ended in N because they would be too matchy with [name]Eden[/name]. I don’t like the BIB initials (though not crazy about IBB either!)

Thanks for all the comments so far, love my berries!

I think we have a winner but… any other voters out there? Thanks again everyone!

I love [name]Isaac[/name] and I voted [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Boone[/name]. Good luck and please let us know your final decision.

rollo

I will rollo, thanks so much for all your help and feedback along the way!! Still gotta figure out some girl names too!

any last voters/thoughts before the poll ends? I see a lot of people have commented on [name]Isaac[/name] but any [name]Boone[/name] voters care to share their opinion?

[name]Boone[/name] [name]Edward[/name]! “swoon” :slight_smile:
I love [name]Eden[/name]! [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Boone[/name] sound good together.
I am not sure how I feel about [name]Boone[/name] with your last name since it starts with a B…
[name]Isaac[/name] isn’t my style, but nn [name]Zac[/name] is an option. [name]Boone[/name] doesn’t have any nicknames. So, [name]Edie[/name] and [name]Zac[/name] would be cute.
My vote is for [name]Boone[/name] [name]Edward[/name] though.
Best of luck!