Still can't decide on Etta's middle name...

I wrote a post awhile ago about DH and I considering the name [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u]. Seriously we love it. I think the problem is obvious. [name_m]Just[/name_m] for a little background my grandfathers name is [name_u]James[/name_u] and THE MASCULINE NAME ON A GIRL FOR THE MIDDLE SPOT IS NOT AN ISSUE. As talked about in my last post on the same issue a male family middle name used to be a very popular trend 100 yrs ago. Anyways I need a back up plan incase I decide [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] is too weird and unoriginal.
We only use family names for the middle spot.
Options:
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Gertrude[/name_f]
[name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Bertha[/name_f]
Geriene - pronounced jer-eeen
[name_f]Donna[/name_f]
[name_u]Lee[/name_u]

These can be altered a little ex [name_f]Bea[/name_f] for [name_f]Bertha[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f] for [name_f]Marcella[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u]!

If you change your mind, what about…

[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]Jaime[/name_u]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Azalee[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]

I usually really dislike boy names on girls, but I really love [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u]! Especially as it honours your grandfather :slight_smile: It’s definitely my favourite out of your options.

I hope you realize that [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] was also a very popular singer who had drug and attitude problems.

I like [name_f]Marcella[/name_f]. [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds nice.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u], but as you know, there is the obvious singer connection. She will not use her middle name too often, so I don’t think it is a huge deal (if [name_u]James[/name_u] was your last name, it would be a no-no for me). But, if it does bother you, from your options I prefer [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] and [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. The others just don’t flow [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. ( i like the suggestions of [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]Jaime[/name_u], also what about [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]?)

1 Like

I think [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds great, but that is probably in part due to having heard the name of the singer my whole life. Nothing wrong with sharing a name with a famous person though, since it has meaning.

Otherwise, I think [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] sounds really sweet.

Or you could do 2 middles? [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]Marion[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], etc.

P.s. Sounds like [name_f]Etta[/name_f] is set, but you could also do [name_f]Loretta[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] nn [name_f]Etta[/name_f], or [name_f]Coretta[/name_f], [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Colette[/name_f]…any ette name nn [name_f]Etta[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter’s name is [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Pauline[/name_f]. We love it. [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] is a family name. A friend named her daughter [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u]. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] is “[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]”. That could be a good compromise?

I really like [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]

Maybe:
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Marcie[/name_f] ([name_f]Marcella[/name_f])
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]Marion[/name_u] ([name_f]Mary[/name_f]/[name_u]Marie[/name_u])
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Leni[/name_f] ([name_u]Lee[/name_u])

I like [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] but I did automatically think of the singer which isn’t a negative connotation but do you want that strong association?

I like from the family names [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] is my favourite just feels really pretty & soulful

[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] is beautiful.

I am really drawn to [name_f]Etta[/name_f] Gereine . I think it flows well , honours family and is unexpected and unique.