still need some input on "Alec"!

looking for input from both the UK and the US…[name]Alec[/name] as a nickname for [name]Alexander[/name]…

thanks for the earlier input from the 4 posters…any more views!

having fun with baby names!

I really, really love [name]Alec[/name] on it’s own. It has long been one of my favorites. My only hesitation in using it is that the kid will constantly be correcting people…“it’s [name]Alec[/name] not [name]Alex[/name]”. This may be more of a problem if his real name is [name]Alexander[/name] as [name]Alex[/name] is the most obvious nickname.

The name itself, I think, is super-handsome and works nicely for a grown man too.

Best wishes-
[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Will[/name] the opinion of an Aussie do?

[name]Alexander[/name] is one of my favourite names and I love the nn of [name]Alex[/name] but I do like [name]Alec[/name] it has a quiet charm, it is so gentlemanly, definitely a keeper.

All of the Alecs that I’ve ever known had [name]Alec[/name] as their full name. I think, since [name]Alex[/name] is the more common nickname for [name]Alexander[/name], that it might cause lots of confusion to use [name]Alec[/name] instead.

Personally, I’d use [name]Alec[/name] as a standalone name and forgo the [name]Alexander[/name] altogether.

(Canadian opinion here)

Honestly, I’m not a fan of it as a nn for [name]Alexander[/name]. I think [name]Alec[/name] is very cute on its own! I love [name]Alec[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name] as a sibset!

[name]Alec[/name] is nice I would prefer [name]Alex[/name] because when I went to school I know an [name]Alec[/name] and it just felt like you were suppose to say [name]Alex[/name] and you were saying it wrong. I think it’s nice though.