Still needing help!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] guys! Firstly, I want to apologise for completely dominating this forum lately… You must be sick of me! I’ve made so many posts but seem to have made such little progress in naming our little princess lol. You all suggest some beautiful names that our list just keeps growing rather than reducing, I think lol. Second apology is for the length of this post!

Here’s where we are at, right now… (I’m going to try and condense this as much as I can) We were stuck between two first names for a while so we were trying to find combos for each. We are using two middles so with only one chosen for each name, we asked for your help with the
second. With that help, we settled on a first name and thought we’d got the full name sorted but we much, much prefer one of our middles with the other name we had. This wouldn’t be a problem but we do plan on saving that name and using for any possible future daughter.

The names are [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]… We much prefer [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] as does everyone else we’ve asked lol. So, we’re stuck… [name_f]Do[/name_f] we keep [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] to keep as we prefer it or use it with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and deal with the other when we get to it, knowing we most probably will have name regret down the line lol.

We’ve been trying find other names that fit instead and these are what we have as our final list…

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] –
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] - Too floral? It’s my fave in terms of flow however.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] - I worry [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] seem too old fashioned especially together and against [name_f]Cara[/name_f].

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] - Too lengthy? Also we are set on [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]… Too many [name_f]Eve[/name_f] sounds going on or not a problem for middles?

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] - As with all the 3 syllable middles we have, I struggle slightly with the flow as we pronounce [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as Vy-Uh-Let. We are trying to find a middle that flows with both that pronunciation and the Vy-Let one, however as we know she’ll encounter both.

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] –

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]

• Again, I just worry about the syllable flow with all of these as [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] are both 3 and [name_f]Willow[/name_f]/[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] sharing 2 with [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] (Nee-Uvh) [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] isn’t so bad because of the stresses, I guess but is it a bit of a mouthful or too frilly? DH has gone off [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] to use instead. With [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], I also wonder if it’s a bit much with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] with them both being slightly unusual?

What are your thoughts? I’d like full report on what works/doesn’t lol and what should we go for… [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] ??? [name_f]Cara[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] ??? [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]? Please help me out and make this my last post to stop annoying both you all, my DH and well, me really lol. Thank you xx

Well, personally I prefer [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] with [name_f]Violet[/name_f]! Your [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] combo is just beautiful.

Regardless of that though, I think you should use [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] now. First of all, there is no guarantee that you’ll have another girl, and surely it’s better to use a name you love now than not at all? I really don’t think you’d get “nane regret” down the line having used a favourite name for your first daughter, and I’m a firm believer that you should give each child your absolute favourite name at that time.

Second, tastes change. You may love love love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] now, but in two years you might have found another name love and your [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] combo might never even get used. I know the names I would have used for #2 changed quite a bit in the two years after having #1, even though I thought I was dead set on certain names before. Again, surely it’s better to use the name you love best now, rather than trying to “save” names and plan out a whole sibset in advance?

I understand what you’re saying but honestly, I can’t use my favourite name because I love both [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] equally lol. We’re going with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] this time because it has meaning (Feb birth flower and a colour of the rainbow as she’s our rainbow baby and thought it would be a subtle nod to that) [name_f]Cara[/name_f] also have meaning and I don’t like it with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] even with another middle between them (the double -ra endings bug me lol) so it just feels right. It is also DH’s favourite out of the two.

We’re not trying to plan a whole sibset in advance… We have just said that whichever isn’t used this time around will be top contender if we have another girl in the future as we love them both. I don’t think we will end up disliking/not wanting to use [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] in a few years time after heavily considering it for our first born but you never know. I guess you could say that for any name though… Why search for the right name because you could go off it by the time the baby is born?

I also wouldn’t class [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] as an absolute favourite name… I love it now but it’s been one to grow on me, you know? We were trying out combos for each name when we hadn’t decided which we were using, it came up for [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and we loved it but it was also just about the only name that clicked and felt right when we tried it with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Cara[/name_f].

I know I’m thinking ahead and overthinking but I do wonder if I would regret using it now when I’m thinking I prefer it with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]/an other name now.

But favourite, favourite names? I do love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] as much as [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]- Three of my all time favourite names in one but flow is a massive deal for me and I’m not 100% on it. And [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] is my favourite because I prefer a 4 syllable middle after [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and the flow/combo works perfectly.

I agree with katinka that you should just use [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] now if you like it the best. In a few years you will have new opinions on names and may not want to use [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] or [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] anymore, or you may not have any more girls. My second choice would be [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. It is not too similar to [name_f]Niamh[/name_f], especially as a middle name, and I like the repeating V with [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

ETA: it sounds like it is getting super complicated with planning two names that you absolutely love, so if you have picked [name_f]Violet[/name_f] for now, I would just focus on that one for now and trust that you will think of something good for the next one too.

I actually prefer [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] as a middle name for [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. My favourite combinations are [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]. They are beautiful names.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] are both gorgeous. I think I prefer [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f] - the flower thing doesn’t seem too much to me, maybe because [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a well-established name so doesn’t immediately bring to mind the flower. At least for me - I think “[name_f]Violet[/name_f], the name” rather than “[name_f]Violet[/name_f], the flower”!

If you have actually decided on [name_f]Violet[/name_f], I agree with @sarah1800 that maybe it would be a good idea to just focus on her and find the right combo that you really love, regardless of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. However, if you can’t stop thinking about [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and her combo, maybe you should think again about which one you really want to use?

I do understand and agree with what you’re all saying… That I need to focus more on getting the Violet combo right as it’s what we are using right now.

I think it’s because we went between the two names for so long… For a while the plan was to have both a Violet and an Aurora combo to choose from once she’s here and Felicity was the name we originally paired with Aurora. I just feel so used to it that because it clicked… To be fair, it did with Violet too but, yeah, over thinking made me wonder if I would regret it if we were ever to use Aurora in the future.

It’s not so much that I’m planning a whole perfect sibset for an ideal life we’ll have in the future but more than it’s hard giving up names you love and wanting to hold on to them/use them all lol. I think it’s normal to say we’ll use the other name if we have another girl in the future and because we love Aurora so much, I don’t see it not being an option if we were ever in that situation.

It’s also a flow issue for me… I’m fine with two middle names (which is more DH’s want than mine) as long as the flow is there and it doesn’t feel clunky and our other favourite Aurora combo (Aurora Willow Niamh) was always a little on that side for me with the heavy O sounds. Willow is one of my favourite names, over Felicity even and it would be nice to use it but I think a 4 syllable name fits right both between Aurora and Niamh and Violet and Cara.

Meaning is another factor as it’s a big deal for DH (such fussys I know lol) and Willow doesn’t really have any real connection there.

Violet does feel right for this bubba though and it’ll be her name over Aurora unless she arrives and it stops feeling right lol. I do love Violet; it was our first choice, has meaning and is utterly beautiful… I would be gutted to lose it as well if we’d gone with Aurora but that’s life lol. At least with two middles we get to use up more loved ones lol.

In all, Violet Felicity Cara or Violet Amaryllis Cara are what we will chose from :slight_smile: