Still no boy's name - 4 days until induction

Updated! I had to add and delete some names.

I am scheduled to be induced on [name]Monday[/name] (eek!) if I don’t go into labor on my own before then. We don’t know the sex of the baby and we don’t have a boy’s name yet! Here is our list, and we aren’t in love with any of them. FYI- We had the same problem naming our other son, [name]Eli[/name] ([name]Elijah[/name]).

[name]Coltrane[/name] (nn [name]Colt[/name])
[name]Cleveland[/name] (nn [name]Cleve[/name])
[name]Gus[/name] (I think this is my favorite)
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Asa[/name] (nn [name]Ace[/name])
[name]Joseph[/name] (possible mn, not a first name candidate)
[name]Zak[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Dillon[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]

What is your son’s name?
I like these …
[name]Gus[/name] - prefer [name]August[/name] with NN “[name]Gus[/name].”
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Asa[/name] (nn [name]Ace[/name])
[name]Joseph[/name]

My fav’s from your list are [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Asa[/name] very cute :slight_smile:

What girl name did you pick?

I like [name]Sawyer[/name], but it’s a bit trendy right now I think.
I also like [name]Asa[/name] and [name]Brooks[/name] from your list.

Our son’s name is [name]Elijah[/name], but we call him [name]Eli[/name] unless he is in trouble :wink:

We have it down to 2 girl’s names-
[name]Arwen[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]

I really like [name]Duncan[/name]–[name]Duncan[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] is lovely!

I also like [name]Truman[/name], [name]Dillon[/name] and [name]Sawyer[/name], although [name]Sawyer[/name] is a little more trendy.

I love [name]Brooks[/name]!

What about:

[name]Laird[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Brandt[/name]
[name]Wiley[/name]
Adler
[name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Duke[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Nash[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Rafe[/name]
[name]Cyril[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Remington[/name]/[name]Remy[/name]
[name]Hart[/name]
[name]Zephyr[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name]

[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Finn[/name] or [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] would be nice.

I like these names the most:

[name]Sawyer[/name] (a little trendy to me but one of my friends named her son this and it is really growing on me)
[name]Finn[/name] (I love this name but it almost sounds too nicknamey…what about [name]Griffin[/name]…[name]Finley[/name] too me sounds too feminine, I prefer just [name]Finn[/name] I guess)
[name]Truman[/name]-I like but it’s not my style. [name]Truman[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] sounds really nice.
[name]Zak[/name] -I’ve considered this but I prefer the regular spelling [name]Zach[/name]. I am a teacher and always prefer the most simple, common spelling to avoid misspelling.
[name]Jared[/name] -okay but seems a bit dated. Is it a family name?
[name]Dillon[/name]

[name]Asa[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] sound great together.

I think [name]Asa[/name] “[name]Ace[/name]” is a perfect match with brother [name]Elijah[/name] “[name]Eli[/name].” They are both cool biblical names with nice nns. I love [name]Arwen[/name] as well.

Our daughter’s name is [name]Charis[/name] - the greek word for grace. So I kind of like the biblical theme, but I am not married to it. I really appreciate everyone’s input! I am on the schedule for Aug 9 and am still stressing about the name. Keep them coming!

[name]Charis[/name] is a lovely name as well.

Here are a few suggestions, sorry for any repeats.
[name]Eli[/name], [name]Charis[/name], and…
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Quinton[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Damian[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]

[name]Coltrane[/name] (nn [name]Colt[/name]) - this sounds very ‘American’ to me, but I really like it, bluesy and gravelly, lots of interest.
[name]Brooks[/name] - Not wild about this. [name]Brooke[/name] has always been a girls name to me, and the s on the end makes it sound too surnamey.
[name]Cleveland[/name] (nn [name]Cleve[/name]) - Ooh. WOuld have to live with this for a while. But I kinda like it. My only experience with the place is that [name]Drew[/name] [name]Carey[/name] show. “[name]CLeveland[/name] rocks! [name]Cleveland[/name] rocks!”
[name]Gus[/name] - love!
[name]Barney[/name] - Stupid purple dinosaur sorta wrecked this name for me. I love and adore [name]Barnaby[/name] though.
[name]Sawyer[/name] - Gorgeous. I wish I’d been clever enough to think of it and there had never been Lost. If you don’t mind people thinking you copied it off a tv show then go for it. It’s a GREAT name.
[name]Finn[/name] - loverly. This was ALWAYS my boy’s name, but it has become very popular in Australia.
[name]Truman[/name] - Gorgeous. And the [name]Truman[/name] Show is a plus for me, not a negative.
[name]Asa[/name] (nn [name]Ace[/name]) - I kinda like [name]Ace[/name]. Not sure about [name]Asa[/name]. I like [name]Asher[/name]??
[name]Zak[/name] - [name]Zachary[/name] & [name]Zack[/name]/[name]Zach[/name]/[name]Zak[/name] etc is huge in my local area. Which is a shame because I always loved it. But there are 3 (out of about 28 boys) at my oldest’s school and 2 at my youngest’s kinder.
[name]Duncan[/name] - I love this name. Husband doesn’t like it. I’d use it in a heartbeat.
[name]Jared[/name] - Not big on this. It’s always been a bit bogany (I don’t know how to translate that…um trailer trash is the nearest thing I can think of) to me.
[name]Dillon[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name], and I think I prefer this anglicised spelling to [name]Dylan[/name].

Probably my faves are [name]Coltrane[/name], [name]Gus[/name], [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Truman[/name].

Good luck (with the naming and the birth giving!!)

I just wanted to join in and say I have a son named [name]Asa[/name] and we call him [name]Ace[/name] all the time! BUT, I’m glad his name is not [name]Ace[/name] only- it would not be enough for us. [name]Asa[/name] is perfect! (We have two sons, [name]Adam[/name] & [name]Asa[/name] we’re really happy with their names!)

Good luck!!

[name]Asa[/name] and [name]Truman[/name] get my vote, with [name]Asa[/name] being #1.

[name]Coltrane[/name] would rock as a MN. :slight_smile:

What about;

[name]Zachary[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] nn [name]Zak[/name]
[name]Zachariah[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Luke[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]