Still no decision :0( Advice?

I have less than 6 weeks to go until my little girl arrives and my husband and I still haven’t agreed on a name. We have it down to 2. The same 2 as my other blog, but still no decision. Anymore adivce? [name]Addison[/name] or [name]Piper[/name]. So frusterating. Who thought picking a name would be one of the hardest things we ever had to do! It’s crazy.

I have always loved the name [name]Piper[/name], so that would get my vote. Good luck!

I didn’t see your other post, but I would say [name]Piper[/name] hands down. [name]Addison[/name] is so trendy and [name]Piper[/name] is much more original. No contest, in my opinion!

I’m so sorry you’re still stuck! On the other thread, [name]Addison[/name] was deemed too trendy, and you were still concerned about [name]Piper[/name] (the name for which most people voted), as you weren’t sure if the name would age well.

Being a [name]Jill[/name], and having a youthful, high-energy name that fit me to a T in my youth, I’ve always wished I was given a more substantial “adult” name. For me, [name]Piper[/name] is another youthful, high-energy name that may not age well, but it’s just an individual opinion.

I definitely prefer [name]Piper[/name] over [name]Addison[/name] (which, in addition to being trendy, is the name of a horrible adrenal disease–[name]Addison[/name]'s Disease), so for me, it’s no contest. :slight_smile:

If you’re still stuck on which name to choose, why not hold your daughter after she’s born, and decide which name suits her best. If you’re still torn, why not combine them?
[name]Piper[/name] [name]Addison[/name], for example, would work beautifully.

Had you decided on any middle names from the other thread? [name]Don[/name]'t worry, because you’ll find the perfect name for your baby! :slight_smile:

If you don’t like [name]Piper[/name] enough (I like [name]Piper[/name] a lot!) you could name your daughter [name]Harper[/name] which is similar to [name]Piper[/name] but to my ear somehow sounds a little more mature and quiet. Or you could name her [name]Adeline[/name] or [name]Adele[/name] instead of [name]Addison[/name] and her nickname could be [name]Addie[/name].

I second the suggestions of [name]Harper[/name] for [name]Piper[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name] for [name]Addison[/name]. I’d also like to suggest [name]Adelaide[/name] as another [name]Addison[/name] alternative. I agree that [name]Piper[/name] might not age well, but I still like it far more than [name]Addison[/name]. I didn’t see your other thread but does it have to be one of these two names? You may want to reconsider if neither name pops out as a clear choice.

Some more alternatives (and my apologies for any repeats):

[name]Adelia[/name]
[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Kylie[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Macy[/name]
[name]Peyton[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]

Well I definately like [name]Piper[/name]. That is my pick. I love it. My husband on the other hand has only liked one name, which is [name]Addison[/name]. It’s ok, but not my fav. So frusterating, hahaha

[name]Piper[/name] [name]Addison[/name]!
But I prefer [name]Piper[/name] [name]Adeline[/name].

So today I met a 91 yr old named [name]Mollie[/name], which if I had saw just the name (esp with that spelling) I would have thought was a much younger person. But she was spry and funny and the name fit her. So I think you should definently go with [name]Piper[/name] - she will make the name grow with her. I also think the other suggestion of [name]Harper[/name] is very cool, but don’t like [name]Addison[/name] at all :frowning: [name]Hope[/name] I was helpful!

What about [name]Pippa[/name] or [name]Adelle[/name]?

I really like [name]Piper[/name], but if you aren’t comfortable with it, then don’t use it. What about [name]Penelope[/name]? You could call her [name]Poppy[/name] (close to [name]Piper[/name]), [name]Nel[/name], or [name]Penny[/name], and I’m sure there are other nns that I’m forgetting.

I love the suggestion of [name]Harper[/name] [name]Adeline[/name], same feel but less trendy and slightly more mature.

Another suggestion for a first with a similar feel to [name]Addison[/name] (but more classic) might be [name]Evelyn[/name], nn [name]Evie[/name]

I like [name]Piper[/name] as a first name and [name]Addison[/name] as a middle name. [name]Piper[/name] [name]Addison[/name] sounds nice.

Or what about keeping both on the table and make the decision when the baby is born? I know someone that didn’t have a name they agreed on until 10 days after the birth. When she was named though, it was perfect and suited her to a tea.

you’ve posted this question a lot, it seems that maybe neither of them are the right name. or, are you looking for support for [name]Addison[/name]? Because it seems that people overwhelmingly prefer [name]Piper[/name].