Still no names for #5!

Hello, I am new to this website! A friend of a friend recommended it after she used it while naming her daughter, and I thought, what the hey, haha. I’ve been pregnant for quite some time now, and we are stumped on names for our last baby! We’re due [name_u]January[/name_u] 2 and only have about a month until we meet our little BOY! That’s right! A boy! We are so excited for our final addition to arrive!

[name_m]Robert[/name_m] and I have four superstar children already; we’ve always wanted a big family. We thought we were done after number four, and he’s a welcomed surprise! Our other kids are [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], and [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], otherwise known as the Fab Four, also known as [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], and [name_m]Shep[/name_m]! And we’re searching for the perfect fit for our now Fab Five!

We enjoy classic names with a bit of a spin, if that makes any sense. [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] is more modern and last name-y, but we loved it with [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] has a ton of personality, and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is short, sweet, and spunky! And then there’s our [name_m]Shep[/name_m]. We always call him that or [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], even though his name is [name_m]John[/name_m] (we named him that after my father; [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is [name_m]Robert[/name_m]'s father).

Does anyone know of any names that would go along with [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], and [name_m]Shep[/name_m]?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you all so much! :smiley:

Xoxo,

[name_f]Cara[/name_f], [name_m]Robert[/name_m], and the Fab Five!

Oh your kids names are so perfect and sweet, [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] has always been a personal favorite :slight_smile: oh congratulations on #5 how wonderful! Well I’m
Not sure I will be of much help because for you boys you’ve chosen your fathers names and for your girls their names are just similar enough and have that like you said upbeat classic feel. I think possibly a family name for his middle would help keep the family names for boys thing Alive and keep him from feeling left out. I would say from [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] & shepherd I get a very soft and gentle vibe, names like [name_m]David[/name_m](too close to shepherd) and [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_m]Adam[/name_m]?, [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], [name_m]Bennet[/name_m], lochlainn which I love, [name_m]Peter[/name_m]?, [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] could be a good fit?

I love your kids’ names, especially [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], and [name_m]Shep[/name_m] is adorable.

I agree with the previous suggestion of [name_m]David[/name_m], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], and [name_m]Aaron[/name_m].

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Shep[/name_m] and…

[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] (maybe too close to [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], but I like it)
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]/[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]

I love all of your kids’ names. It is so special that you were able to name your first two boys after yours and your spouse’s fathers. I agree with the previous poster that #5 may feel left out without a family name. I think something that may amp up the honor factor is to name him after both you and your spouse. I immediately thought of [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_u]Caro[/name_u] when I saw your signature and I think a nickname like [name_u]Bo[/name_u]/[name_u]Beau[/name_u] would go perfectly with [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_m]Shep[/name_m]. As an added bonus, [name_u]Caro[/name_u] is an Italian name meaning “dear”, and it feels in the same class as [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] to me.

If you or your spouse is really against using your actual names you could use your initials and come up with some really fitting pairings!
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_m]Russell[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Radcliffe[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_m]Caledon[/name_m]
etc…

Another option might be masculinizing your mothers’ names if they haven’t already been honored by [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. My brother’s name is [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] after grandmothers [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] and [name_f]Frances[/name_f]. If you have a [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] (a long shot, I’m sure) [name_u]Pax[/name_u] is a modern twist on a nickname for [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] that may feel more accessible than [name_u]Pat[/name_u]. My point in this meandering thought was just that there are [name_m]Shep[/name_m]-like nicknames out there for names that aren’t quite your style but would honor someone.

Hmm what about…

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] ([name_m]Wes[/name_m])
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Damian[/name_m]
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Abram[/name_m] ([name_m]Bram[/name_m])
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Mattias[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]/[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] ([name_m]Cole[/name_m])
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]

Congrats on #5! I love your children’s names and nicknames - classic but also slightly quirky.

With that in mind, how about [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] / [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Shep[/name_m] and:
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] ([name_u]Ash[/name_u])
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Colin[/name_m] (Col)
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m] ([name_m]Jack[/name_m]/[name_m]Jake[/name_m])
[name_m]Emil[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] ([name_m]Zach[/name_m])
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Angus[/name_m] ([name_u]Gus[/name_u])
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Archie[/name_m]
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m] (Ant)
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] ([name_m]Oz[/name_m])
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] ([name_u]Dane[/name_u])

I also second pps’ suggestions of [name_u]Beau[/name_u], [name_m]Abram[/name_m] ([name_m]Bram[/name_m]), [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], [name_m]Mattias[/name_m] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] - all are wonderful with your children’s names.

Brother to [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], and [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]:

As a first name:
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]

As a middle “edgier” name:
[name_m]Quinton[/name_m] ([name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Quinton[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Quinton[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Quinton[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Quinton[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Quinton[/name_m])
[name_m]Holden[/name_m] ([name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Holden[/name_m], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_m]Holden[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Holden[/name_m])
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] ([name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Asher[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Asher[/name_m])
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] ([name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m])
I think [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_m]Miles[/name_m] would also work wonderfully!

Good luck on decided on a name for baby #5!

[QUOTE=icedragon;3131871]I love all of your kids’ names. It is so special that you were able to name your first two boys after yours and your spouse’s fathers. I agree with the previous poster that #5 may feel left out without a family name. I think something that may amp up the honor factor is to name him after both you and your spouse. I immediately thought of [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_u]Caro[/name_u] when I saw your signature and I think a nickname like [name_u]Bo[/name_u]/[name_u]Beau[/name_u] would go perfectly with [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_m]Shep[/name_m]. As an added bonus, [name_u]Caro[/name_u] is an Italian name meaning “dear”, and it feels in the same class as [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] to me.

I was thinking along similar lines that you should name this boy after yourselves! You could even morph [name_f]Cara[/name_f] into something like [name_u]Carson[/name_u] (same first 3 letters), or take back the name [name_u]Carey[/name_u] for a son.
You could do something similar with your husband’s name and use [name_u]Robin[/name_u] or [name_m]Robertson[/name_m] instead of [name_m]Robert[/name_m].

I like a lot of these other suggestions, but I love the idea that you’re trying to stay classic and incorporate family. Good luck on the name and it looks like you’ll have quite the exciting 2016!

What lovely names! Based on [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]John[/name_m]:

[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]

Some of these might have been suggested already, but names that come to mind that fit in with your other names are:

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]

Wow, congratulations on your happy surprise! :slight_smile: I love your kids’ names, especially [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]!

When thinking about suggestions, the very first name that seemed right was [name_f]Wendall[/name_f] (or [name_u]Wendell[/name_u] either spelling) … It just seemed to have that classic but loveable feeling of the siblings’ names. Then I thought perhaps [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] - more adventurous like [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]. (Sorry to repeat as others have suggested that while I was writing lol)

I also loved the idea of a baby [name_m]George[/name_m] in this family.

The other type of name that seemed to work nicely in this set was the good-British-bloke family of names like [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] - because they are classic but very warm and approachable at the same time.

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Shep[/name_m] & [name_f]Wendall[/name_f]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Shep[/name_m] & [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Shep[/name_m] & [name_u]Freddie[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Shep[/name_m] & [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Shep[/name_m] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Shep[/name_m] & [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Shep[/name_m] & [name_m]Gibson[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Shep[/name_m] & [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Shep[/name_m] & [name_u]Charley[/name_u]

[name_f]Wendall[/name_f] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Clement[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Westley[/name_m]
[name_m]Gibson[/name_m] [name_u]Roan[/name_u]
[name_u]Alfie[/name_u] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_u]Charley[/name_u] [name_m]Devlin[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Esmond[/name_m]