Still searching for our perfect name..

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! It’s been a while since I was active on this forum. My fiance and I are expecting a baby boy in [name_f]February[/name_f], and while we’ve thought we had the perfect name, [name_m]Franco[/name_m], we’ve started second guessing ourselves. We are starting to feel like we don’t love the name the same way we used to. I want something uncommon, so that he isn’t the fourth of that name in his class, but also nothing trendy. I love the names [name_m]Asher[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Roman[/name_m], etc. My fiance likes italian names, his favorites are [name_m]Giovanni[/name_m] and [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m], and while I love [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] it doesn’t flow with his last name. Any recommendations?

Based on the names you and your husband like, I’ve collected some adorable names that have a great Italian vibe to me.

What about:
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m]
[name_m]Brando[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_m]Cielo[/name_m]
[name_m]Dante[/name_m]
[name_m]Flavio[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Marco[/name_m]
[name_m]Matteo[/name_m]
[name_m]Maximo[/name_m]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
[name_m]Rocco[/name_m]
[name_m]Roberto[/name_m]
[name_m]Ruperto[/name_m]
[name_m]Thiago[/name_m]
[name_m]Tomaso[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincenzo[/name_m]

I hope my list helps - good luck! :slight_smile:

Previous poster has some great suggestions! I second [name_m]Aldo[/name_m], [name_u]Luca[/name_u], [name_m]Dante[/name_m], and [name_m]Rocco[/name_m] especially.

Sounds like [name_m]Franco[/name_m] is a good choice for you guys! [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Renzo[/name_m]? I love [name_m]Renzo[/name_m] as a nickname or stand-alone, and it’s less on-trend than [name_m]Enzo[/name_m]…

I agree with the earlier suggestions of [name_m]Renzo[/name_m], [name_u]Luca[/name_u], [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] (or [name_m]Mateo[/name_m]), [name_m]Marco[/name_m], and [name_u]Nico[/name_u]! Also, maybe [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Leon[/name_m], or [name_m]Leonello[/name_m] work better with the last name? They are similar to [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] in sound.

A few other suggestions: [name_m]Piero[/name_m], [name_m]Pietro[/name_m], [name_m]Cedro[/name_m], [name_m]Remo[/name_m], [name_m]Rafael[/name_m], [name_m]Raphael[/name_m], [name_m]Fabian[/name_m], or [name_m]Fabio[/name_m].

I also love [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_m]Enzo[/name_m], although they might be too trendy for you.

I like the sound of [name_m]Franco[/name_m], but it automatically brings to mind the Spanish dictator. I like many of the suggestions that other people have had, though.