Still Searching...

We have settled on [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] as our first choice for a girls name. [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is a family surname, so I like that it has some sentimental meaning to it. However, my only reservation is that I can’t seem to think of any girls names that work with it- should we have another girl later. A minor detail, I know, but [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] isn’t my usual style, but I like that it has meaning for us. For a sibling I’d prefer something a little more feminine. Any suggestions?

I think [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is a lovely girl’s name. If you’re concerned it isn’t “feminine” enough, have you considered [name_f]Morgana[/name_f] instead?

Some girls names that I think would work well as a sister for [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]/[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] are 3 of my favorites! I feel better that they’re still usable!

Absolutely! I think [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is one of those names that will fit with a lot of names. I think modern/traditional names would work. Like:

[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]

I think there would be no problem with [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and a sister with a girlier name. Names that come to mind are [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicia[/name_f].

For [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]'s sister, I would avoid anything ultra girly and liquidy for a sister’s first name ([name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], etc). I love the suggestions of [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] with [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. I also think [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f], [name_f]Arwen[/name_f], or any of the -wen names would be great.

With [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] my picks would be:

[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Justine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Gretchen[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_u]Carmen[/name_u]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]

Something feminine but not too girly

Thanks everyone! I feel much better about using [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] now!