Still sleepless - and time is running out!

See the results of this poll: Which one is your favourite?

Respondents: 33 (This poll is closed)

• Marlowe Elizabeth: 9 (27%)
  • Ivy Elizabeth: 23 (70%)
  • Irelyn Elizabeth: 1 (3%)

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], without a doubt! Such a gorgeous name. [name]Marlowe[/name] seems destined for popularity, seeing as [name]Marley[/name] was one of the most fastest-rising names of 2008, and [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name]'s [name]Harlow[/name] and [name]Sparrow[/name] are sure to set a trend. I would avoid most of the surname names if you’re looking for a unique name, since surnames on girls a a huge trend. Irelyn doesn’t just sound like a made-up name, it IS a made up name. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds great with [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name], and it’s a beautiful combo.

Also, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a wonderful name, and goes beautifully with your older children’s names. I think the vowel theme is worth continuing, and [name]Ivy[/name] tops Irelyn by a long shot! It is sweet for a little girl and substantial enough for a woman!

Good luck!

[name]Marlowe[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name] are a perfect sibset.

I like names with power, strength and femininity and [name]Marlowe[/name] is the ticket.

A big vote for [name]Marlowe[/name].

I would hate to be named [name]Ivy[/name], all I can see is a person who is a clinging vine, weak, pathetic, dependent.

Apologies to all the Ivys out there who are nothing like the stereotype.

I agree with this. While the name [name]Ivy[/name] sounds lovely, all of the associations I have with it ruin it. Sounds itchy and clingy.

However, if despite these associations you still do love the name then I’d go for it. It’s a beautiful name, I just personally couldn’t use it.

Hmmm…I just voted for [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] even though the ee sound at the end of [name]Ivy[/name] runs into the ee sound at the beginning of [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Then I read [name]Rollo[/name]'s comment, and now I’m reconsidering. The thing is, I would love the name [name]Ivy[/name] on someone else but not on myself. And if I couldn’t handle being named [name]Ivy[/name], then how can I recommend it? It would be cute on a little girl, but people do grow up. I think [name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] would be better. [name]Marlowe[/name] isn’t my style, but it has a soft, pleasing sound and I could handle being named [name]Marlowe[/name], well at least for a while. I am so picky about names. Anyway, I think [name]Marlowe[/name] is the better choice.

I love [name]Marlowe[/name] with [name]Ellery[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]! In addition to others who are saying that I wouldn’t want to be called [name]Ivy[/name] myself, I think it is too similar in sound to both [name]Ellery[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]. All together the three names seem very tongue-twistery to me–all the L’s, V’s, I’s and Y’s. I think [name]Marlowe[/name] fits very well with [name]Ellery[/name]'s style and is still unique enough for the third child to feel special.

Thanks for all the comments ladies. I’ve been on many names sites and a couple of message boards and I’ve been asked resently why I’m sooooo looking for an answer. Made me think! ;O) The reason we are looking for an “answer” is we are just looking for outside opinions. We tell no one - not friends or family so we sometimes feel too close to the names and wonder what others think of our choices. Yes I do know that I have to love it - but want a name that the outside world thinks is beautiful too - you know! I took [name]Ivy[/name] off, because we really decided that we don’t like that name even though others do. We really are stuck with the other two.

[name]Love[/name] that [name]Marlowe[/name] is soooo unique like [name]Ellery[/name], but wonder if “she” will feel that she has the less pretty name. That’s the BIGGEST fear with this name.
Irelyn we feel is just as pretty and like that it starts with a Vowel, and that it looks better with [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name].

But… we “like” [name]Marlowe[/name] better. So we feel [name]Marlowe[/name] is our pick, but are/were hoping that people would change our minds and fall in love with Irelyn that would give us the last little nudge to go with it - because bottom line we like that one too a lot.

On Nameberry the clear winner between these two names is [name]Marlowe[/name], but on a completely different site the clear winner is Irelyn. [name]How[/name] confusing ;O)!!!

I know I should just go with my gut, but at the moment my gut is looking for other guts to help it out! ;O)

Thanks for listening girls. Maybe time will sort it all out - Oh wait I don’t have that either ;O)

[name]Don[/name]'t doubt yourself you have named your other children beautifully.

I think [name]Marlowe[/name] HAS to be the name for all the reasons I mentioned before.

I don’t think Irelyn is that nice. (Sorry, I feel like I am walking on glass here as I don’t want to hurt your feelings.)

Doesn’t ‘ire’ mean anger? I wouldn’t want that word in my baby’s name.

Good luck and [name]Merry[/name] [name]Christmas[/name]

I am concerned about the “ire” in Irelyn, too. Ire means angry.

[name]Hi[/name]! I originally voted for [name]Ivy[/name], but with [name]Ivy[/name] out of the running, I’ll definitely vote for [name]Marlowe[/name] over Irelyn. In addition to seeing the word “ire,” which means “anger,” Irelyn looks like a trendy misspelling of [name]Ireland[/name] to me. [name]Marlowe[/name] feels elegant and sophisticated to me, and I think it works beautifully with [name]Ellery[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name].

Good luck!

I second jill’s post! and want to add that I don’t find [name]Marlowe[/name] less pretty than [name]Ellery[/name] in any way, so I wanted to reassure you on that fear. They are both strong names (in a way that I do not think Irelyn is) and since they are consistent with each other but don’t share the same sounds, each name remains independent which is nice for sisters, I think.

I second jill’s post! and want to add that I don’t find [name]Marlowe[/name] less pretty than [name]Ellery[/name] in any way, so I wanted to reassure you on that fear. They are both strong names (in a way that I do not think Irelyn is) and since they are consistent with each other but don’t share the same sounds, each name remains independent which is nice for sisters, I think.[/quote]

I agree with above comments, I think that [name]Marlowe[/name] is all star quality, very feminine, totally gorgeous and I definitely do not think it is less pretty than [name]Ellery[/name].

They’re all beautiful choices! I think the right pick will come to you when you see her.

[name]Ivy[/name] is cute, but I would choose [name]Marlow[/name]. [name]Marlowe[/name] has nickname options and sounds really nice with [name]Ellery[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]. I prefer the spellings [name]Marlow[/name] and [name]Marlo[/name], they look more feminine. I really don’t like Irelyn. All I see is ire and it looks made up, or misspelled.

I vote for [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], First of all it has a great flow and goes well with [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name]. And most significally it is as beautiful as the other names you chose for your other kids :wink:
Good luck,

[name]Olivia[/name]