still struggling....only have 2 weeks left.....help please!

o.k., so here’s the deal. we have a 1.5yr. old daughter named nova ray dutton. i have only maybe 2 weeks before i deliver another baby (we’re waiting to find out what it is)!! and i am starting to panic about the name.

we love the name indigo nn indie for a boy or a girl…(here it comes)…BUT both of our parents hate it. so i need some help on names for a boy or a girl…or should we stick with it and make them get over it???
i have my list “baby dutton 2” public, which has other names i like on it, but nothing’s sticking. big runners up for me are juno–hubby says no because of the movie & gemma–hubby says no because it’s our friends’ last name.

so…needless to say, i am getting very nervous about this! i need your help, if you can!
some things i am kinda picky about:

1. it needs to be easy to say & spell
  2. definitely not a popular name, but not too weird either (sorry)
  3. nature/space/earthy names a PLUS

what do you think?? all help is GREATLY appreciated

[name]Hi[/name]!

What about [name]Alya[/name], [name]Chara[/name], [name]Luna[/name], [name]Maia[/name], [name]Mira[/name], or [name]Venus[/name] for a girl, and [name]Atlas[/name] or [name]Orion[/name] for a boy?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Well, my daughter is named [name]Indigo[/name], nn [name]Indie[/name]. I’ve only had positive responses. [name]Indigo[/name] is very easy to spell and pronounce. My other daughter is [name]Phoenix[/name], which people can’t spelling.

If you want the grandparents to like it, you’ll have to be more conservative. [name]How[/name] about [name]Willow[/name]?

I would stick with [name]Indigo[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! I think that if you love [name]Indigo[/name]/[name]Indie[/name], you should go for it! This is your baby, and I think you deserve to choose the name that makes you the happiest! Your parents already had a chance to name their children, and this is your time. :slight_smile:

Boys:

[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
Rigsby
[name]Willem[/name]

[name]Rio[/name] is a nature name you may like…

[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name] (has [name]Juno[/name]'s ending)
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]

You may also like [name]Ciel[/name] (see-[name]ELLE[/name]), which means “sky” in French, but it’s pronunciation isn’t as clear as the other names. (And the same goes for [name]Lyra[/name], which I did include.)

Some of the names came from this blog about celestial names: https://nameberry.com/blog/2010/02/08/celestial-names-some-heavenly-baby-name-choices/

Good luck! :slight_smile:

What about [name]India[/name] for a girl?

[name]Hi[/name]! I feel compelled to tell you that when my husband and I selected our baby boy’s name, both our parents hated it and thought it was weird. We, on the other hand, loved it and had no intention of changing it…and, when our sweet little angel arrived, everyone instantly fell madly in love with him and his name was his name. They can’t hate it once it is all said and done on the birth certificate. They will learn to love it like our son’s [name]Nana[/name], Papa, Grandma, and Grandpa did!

I love [name]Indigo[/name].

For a girl, what about,

[name]Nova[/name] and…

[name]Adia[/name] (A as in apron)-dee-ah
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Tula[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Zia[/name]

more later, got to go.

I think you should use it if you love it. Sorry but Grandparents don’t call the shots…it’s your turn. That being said I really liked the suggestion of [name]India[/name] for a girl.

The third richest man in Australia [name]James[/name] [name]Packer[/name] has a daughter named [name]Indigo[/name].

I like [name]Isla[/name], [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Skye[/name] all nature names.

I say go with [name]Indigo[/name]… the grandparents will love the little one no matter what. :slight_smile:

But, if you want to switch it up a bit… maybe [name]Indio[/name] or [name]Indiana[/name] for a boy? I like the suggestion of [name]India[/name] for a girl, too.

My step-grandparents were very vocal about hating all of my siblings and cousin’s names (which are all a lot more common than [name]Indigo[/name]) until my youngest brother, [name]Raymond[/name] “[name]Max[/name]” [name]Maxwell[/name], was named after them. They love his name… Which is funny because they both go by their middle names [name]Raymond[/name] “[name]Bob[/name]” [name]Robert[/name] and [name]Maxi[/name] “[name]Lou[/name]” [name]Louise[/name] because they hate their first names. Go figure :slight_smile:

I’m on board for you to keep [name]Indigo[/name] if you really love it… your parents will get used to it. Most of our family had to “get used to” the name we have picked for our 2nd daughter (due [name]March[/name] 29th) and since we expected that, we announced our choice as soon as it was final and let them have time to adjust. I don’t know whether they love it now or not, but we still love it and non-rellies give very nice compliments, so we feel good. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Indio[/name] for a boy!

I think [name]Indigo[/name] is a great name. Personally I’d stick with it. What are you thinking of using for middle names? I might use something a bit more conservative in the middle spot.

[name]Indigo[/name] [name]Irene[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Indigo[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]

Good luck with whatever you decide.

The first name that popped into my head when I read this and saw [name]Nova[/name] was [name]Starr[/name]- which is my mother’s name ( and she is 65) but I guess I just have this cosmic connection in my head. I love your idea of [name]Indigo[/name] but I guess I would think of something a bit more nature like in theme to go with [name]Nova[/name]?

I think [name]Indigo[/name] is great, and works well with [name]Nova[/name]! I agree with previous comments that once it’s on your sweet little baby, everyone will love it!

That being said I loved the previous suggestions of [name]Stella[/name], [name]Luna[/name] and [name]Orion[/name]!

Good luck to you!

thank you everyone for all of the great suggestions & encouragement.

hearing all of this makes me more confident with going with what we love. (you’re all right, even if they hate the name, they will still love this baby!)

having said that, our thoughts on the middle name:

indigo jane
indigo ann
indigo james

again, thanks!