Still stuck for a boys name

So I posted a few times months ago but here I am with 8 weeks left until the due date & I still don’t have a boy’s name. I hoping you Berries can help me out!

I am looking for a name with a nice meaning, preferably something not overly common, but that has a more common nn option that will give the child choice later in life. We are drawn to Surnames.

I have gone through what feels like thousands of names, but nothing seems like “the name”. Right now I am most drawn to the names [name]Archer[/name], [name]Roscoe[/name], [name]Walker[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], but these seem to change daily. My husband likes all of these, but his top choice is [name]Lewis[/name] (which I don’t like). I just seem to find issue with any boy name I come across (way too picky I know!)

I like the names [name]Scott[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Mack[/name], [name]Max[/name], as I think they have the same feel as [name]Ben[/name], however I would prefer to use a full name with one of these as the nn, but have looked at all the names that offer these as nn & haven’t found one I like.

Our only other Childs name in [name]Bennett[/name]. If #2 is a girl, name will likely be [name]Annabelle[/name]. [name]Violet[/name] is also a contender for a daughter’s name. We will likely have more than two children.

I know this is a lot of criteria, which is what is probably making this so difficult, but if you have any ideas I would love to hear them. I am hoping for some “out of the box” ideas as I feel I have already looked at so many names.

Thank you for any suggestions you may be able to send my way:)

What about [name]Maximilian[/name] or [name]Maxwell[/name] to go with [name]Mack[/name] or [name]Max[/name]? I think [name]Maxwell[/name] would be so handsome beside [name]Bennett[/name]. :slight_smile:

Some other surname ideas;
[name]Carter[/name]
[name]Wheeler[/name]
[name]McKinley[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name] ( and you could shorten to [name]Jack[/name] to keep theme :slight_smile: )
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Greyson[/name] (could be shortened to [name]Grey[/name])

Good [name]Luck[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Mack[/name] is one of my all-time favorite names! We can’t use it because of our last name, but even before that became a reality (before I met my husband), I could never come up with a full version I loved as much as the nn.

[name]Plenty[/name] of options though: [name]Macaulay[/name], [name]Cormac[/name], Mc/Mac_______(any name here), [name]Mackenzie[/name], [name]Maguire[/name]… I think you could even get away with [name]Malcolm[/name]. For what its worth, I had 2 relatives named [name]Mack[/name] - both born in the early 20th century and both named simply [name]Mack[/name]. It was in the top 200 back then. So, the stand alone nickname does have history.

I thought of [name]August[/name] with the nn [name]Gus[/name].

I think because DH likes [name]Lewis[/name], you could probably draw him to [name]Lucas[/name], your pick - which I definitely prefer. You could also pitch [name]Lucy[/name] as a girl’s name to get him away from it. I think [name]Ben[/name] and [name]Luke[/name] would be darling.

hmm, others:

[name]Isaac[/name] “[name]Zac[/name]”
[name]Elijah[/name]/[name]Elias[/name] “[name]Eli[/name]”
[name]Montgomery[/name] “[name]Emory[/name]”
[name]Sullivan[/name] “[name]Sully[/name]”
[name]Finnegan[/name] “[name]Finn[/name]”
[name]Anderson[/name] “[name]Andy[/name]”
[name]Jacoby[/name] “[name]Jake[/name]”
[name]Mckinley[/name] “[name]Mack[/name]”
[name]Weston[/name] “[name]West[/name]”
[name]Wilder[/name] “[name]Wild[/name]?”
[name]Matthias[/name]/[name]Matteo[/name] “[name]Matt[/name]”
[name]Gibson[/name] “[name]Sonny[/name]?”
[name]Lennon[/name]/[name]Lennox[/name] “[name]Lenny[/name]” - but I guess [name]Ben[/name] and [name]Lenny[/name] would be a little much lol
[name]Leighton[/name] “[name]Lee[/name]” “[name]Leif[/name]?” - bit of a stretch
[name]Samson[/name] “[name]Sam[/name]”
[name]Callum[/name] “[name]Cal[/name]”
[name]Sidney[/name] “[name]Sid[/name]”
[name]Declan[/name] “?”
[name]Dexter[/name] “[name]Dex[/name]”
[name]Dashiell[/name] “[name]Dash[/name]”

Good luck :slight_smile:

All of your name picks are nice but I think [name]Walker[/name] goes best with [name]Bennett[/name]. Not a fan of the [name]Lewis[/name] spelling I prefer [name]Louis[/name] but the name in general is a bit different in style to [name]Bennett[/name].
I like the pp suggestions of [name]Malcolm[/name], [name]Cormac[/name], [name]Macaulay[/name] and [name]Maxwell[/name] (my fave).
[name]How[/name] about

[name]Baxter[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Ranger[/name]
[name]Jefferson[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Boone[/name]
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name]

You guys are great; the suggestions being made are definitely along the lines of what I am looking for.

Dillonsfan01 - [name]Maxwell[/name] is a family name and my favorite of all the ways to get to [name]Max[/name] so it is definitely being considered. Of your other suggestions I like [name]Parker[/name], however want to stay away from anything that could be considered a unisex name and I have heard of this being used for girls.

dizzy – to be honest I really probably cant use [name]Mack[/name] either, also because of my married last name (it’s an Mc name) but I just love it so much that I can’t bring myself to cross it off the list completely. The full name would be pronounced [name]Mack[/name] [name]Mac[/name]-loud! The alliteration actually doesn’t bother me & I think it would be cute on a kid, (and I think [name]Ben[/name] & [name]Mack[/name] would be adorable) but I do think it sounds like my sons only options in life would be to become a private investigator or a super hero! Also, even if I could get the courage to use it, I still would prefer to have a longer full name with [name]Mack[/name] as the nn but I don’t like any of the names that get me there (I do really appreciate all the suggestions though).

entangler – Your suggestions hit my style perfectly. [name]Lucas[/name] is probably my #1 (I absolutely love [name]Ben[/name] & [name]Luke[/name] together) but hubby is a teacher so has bad associations & it’s taking some convincing (I keep telling him [name]Lewis[/name] is so close to [name]Lucas[/name], but then he uses the same argument on me!). My only problem with [name]Lucas[/name] is its popularity but I think I could get past that. Your other suggestions that hit the nail on the head are [name]Sullivan[/name], [name]Matthias[/name], [name]Gibson[/name] (hadn’t thought of [name]Sonny[/name]), [name]Declan[/name] & [name]Dexter[/name]. [name]Sidney[/name] would be on there too if I hadn’t recently heard it used for a girl.

babyoneday – I agree that [name]Walker[/name] & [name]Bennett[/name] go well together and I could actually see it being used as “the” name as it is in the #2 spot on both my husband and my list’s, I love the sound of the name, but I just wish it had a nicer meaning & a built in nn option. (I know – I am just too picky, it is stopping me from using some really great names!). I also really like your suggestion of [name]Finley[/name] – do you think it is going to be super popular in the near future? Also do I have to worry about this one going to the girls?

Thank you guys again, there are some awesome suggestions here, I just keep hoping to come across a name that makes me go – wow, that’s it! Fingers crossed it will happen” (Maybe baby will be a girl & I won’t even have to worry about it!)

Thank you all…If you think of any other names that might be it, please send them my way!

[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]
[name]Thayer[/name]
[name]Thatcher[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Garrett[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]