Still stuck for an underused classic

Hubby and I are trying to achieve a pregnancy (I’m thinking maybe I am, finger’s crossed). We currently have a P@ul St3ph3n, Cl@re Mich3ll3, M@rk Jos3ph, and K@th@rine Ros3 nn [name]Katie[/name]. If the next baby is a girl she’ll be [name]Theresa[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name]. Our last name is Tys0n.

It seems with my first two boys I got lucky in that I happened to love names that aren’t currently popular but aren’t off the chart either. I never had a kid with a popular name until [name]Katie[/name] and I so wish I’d picked a different nickname. I’d love something at about the same popularity level of [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Mark[/name]. [name]Peter[/name] meets that goal but is way too close to [name]Paul[/name]. [name]Timothy[/name] does too but dh doesn’t really like alliteration; I’ve worn him down so he’s making an exception for [name]Tess[/name] but I really don’t want to go there with a boys name. I’ve eliminated [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], and [name]James[/name] as too popular. We’ve seriously considered:

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] (was our boy name the last time around),
[name]Elias[/name] [name]John[/name] ([name]Elias[/name] is a family name on my dad’s side going back many generations so it could be cool to continue that.)
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]

None of these are perfect as [name]Nicholas[/name] was so ridiculously popular. We’d use [name]Eli[/name] as a nn for [name]Elias[/name] and that seems to be exploding. [name]Jude[/name] has been rising steadily as well.

Any gems that I’m missing? Any thoughts on these choices?

[name]George[/name]? [name]Edward[/name]? [name]Robert[/name]?

[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]…it’s kind of a mouthful I’m sorry to say. But you didn’t ask about that…I have trouble keeping my opinions to myself.

Anyhoo, [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Elias[/name] are GREAT names. Here are a few others that might work:

[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]

Opinions welcomed!!! [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] is a mouthful. Nickname would be [name]Tess[/name]. Is [name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] just as bad? I bypassed [name]Theresa[/name] for my first two daughters b/c I thought it unworkable although it’s a name I love on many levels. Since then I’ve been asking around online and in person and it seemed like a doable choice. [name]Theresa[/name] is either at the top of my list far and away or I decide it’s terrible with [name]Tyson[/name] and take it off my list entirely.

[name]Nathaniel[/name] would be an awesome choice but hubby is [name]Nathan[/name]. [name]Glad[/name] you like [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Elias[/name] do they both work with [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Mark[/name]?

Phew! I am so glad you weren’t offended! I think [name]Theresa[/name] is a great name and [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] is much better than [name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]. What about the nn [name]Reese[/name] instead? [name]Reese[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] is very cute and much easier to say!

Also have you considered [name]Benjamin[/name] or [name]William[/name]?

Hubby was thinking [name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] was less of a mouthful than [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]. Of course the fact that these questions are out there isn’t a good sign. I don’t have anything against [name]Reese[/name] and it’s certainly nice that she could escape the alliteration if she didn’t like it. One of my daughter’s is [name]Katharine[/name] and I call her [name]Kit[/name] [name]Kat[/name] so I have a feeling I’d call a [name]Therese[/name] [name]Reese[/name]'s Pieces but I don’t really love [name]Reese[/name] enough to use it full time.

[name]Benjamin[/name] is a fantastic name but as I mentioned having a [name]Paul[/name] and a [name]Mark[/name] has spoiled me - I’m not use to other kids on the playground with their names.

I love [name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]! She sounds like an intrepid girl reporter!

AWESOME! I’m excited to have a girls name that I’ve loved for a long time. Now I just need a boys name…

I love [name]Paul[/name] & [name]Mark[/name], but I agree [name]Peter[/name] is too close to [name]Paul[/name] some other ideas…

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]/[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Luther[/name]
[name]Ralph[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]

Good luck!

Hmm…some underused classic boys names. [name]How[/name] about: (bolded are favorites with [name]Paul[/name], [name]Clare[/name], [name]Mark[/name] and [name]Katie[/name])
[name]Ralph[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Mitchell[/name]
[name]Keith[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Freddie[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Stewart[/name]
[name]Douglas[/name]
[name]Brian[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

asophie1 - I like some of those. Hubby is really positive about [name]Louis[/name] (we pronounce it like [name]Lewis[/name]). Trouble is my dad is [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Elias[/name] and I’m planning on passing down one of his names for our next son and neither [name]Louis[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] or [name]Louis[/name] [name]Elias[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] work well. Maybe I could pass down my dad’s first and middle initials. [name]Louis[/name] E. [name]Tyson[/name]

[name]Sebastian[/name] is nice - I wasn’t sure if it was almost too stylish next to [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Mark[/name]. [name]Isaac[/name] has been on our list from time to time in the past as well but I wasn’t sure if that has become too popular. I like [name]Silas[/name] but dh doesn’t. He likes [name]Philip[/name] but I don’t.

[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Jared[/name]

What about [name]Joseph[/name]? I have a four year old nephew named [name]Joseph[/name] and we honestly have never met another small child with the name. Once you add up all the -aiden names and everything else with alternative spelling the classics like [name]Joseph[/name] really fall down the list.

Others, sorry for repeats:
[name]George[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]