Still stuck! WDYT of this pair of mns for Eden+Vale?

[name]Hi[/name] berries,
If I get annoying, please tell me. I’m just really stuck on [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Vale[/name]'s mn.
I’m mulling over all your input on the initial thing, but putting [name]Asher[/name] aside for a bit.
I’ve loved your feedback on [name]Eden[/name]'s mn. We’re trying to honor my aunt- [name]Beth[/name] [name]Elise[/name] (creative [name]Elisabeth[/name] :wink: - so any [name]Elizabeth[/name] variant will do) I do think we’re going to cut [name]Sophia[/name] bc it was added for [name]Eden[/name] to match ODD, but it kind of feels like she should match her twin instead.

My first choice for our twins:
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Elise[/name] J
[name]Vale[/name] [name]Asher[/name] J

buuuut… if we decide to not do [name]Asher[/name], [name]Lucien[/name] is really the only other boy mn we love like [name]Asher[/name] (tho still a distant second), so what do you think of this pair?

[name]Eden[/name] [name]Lisbeth[/name]
[name]Vale[/name] [name]Lucien[/name]

(ln is 2 sylable, starts w/ J)

I actually really like the visual and sound similarity of the closer mns, but I’m worried the flow is kind of bad… WDYT?
also- do you prefer [name]Lucien[/name] or [name]Lucian[/name]? I like the ‘e’, DH likes the ‘a’ :wink:

I adore [name]Vale[/name] [name]Lucien[/name]… with an ‘e’. I think that it sounds really handsome and masculine.
Some ideas for [name]Elizabeth[/name] names:
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] (then it is really like your aunt)
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] (this sounds kind of saucy!)
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Beth[/name] (such a sweet name!)
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Elise[/name] (I like this name a lot!)
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Lilibeth[/name]

I am not sure what your first daughters name is but the names that sound good ino are:
[name]Vale[/name] [name]Lucien[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] [name]Lilibeth[/name] because then each has an ‘l’ middle name!

edit I really like [name]Eden[/name] [name]Lisbeth[/name]!

I like [name]Vale[/name] [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] [name]Elise[/name] (or [name]Eden[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Eden[/name] [name]Elsa[/name]). I know you had some concerns about [name]Vale[/name] and I feel like [name]Lucien[/name] is a touch “soft” for a boys name so I like [name]Vale[/name] paired w/ [name]Asher[/name] much more. that’s just me though! I like the sound of [name]Vale[/name] [name]Lucien[/name]. I just prefer [name]Asher[/name]. Oh and I like [name]Lucian[/name] more than w/ an E.

[name]Asher[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] feel like they match well to me.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps! [name]How[/name] much longer until the twins arrive?

I love [name]Vale[/name] [name]Lucien[/name]! [name]Vale[/name] [name]Asher[/name] is nice, too. Have you thought about [name]Lisette[/name]? It’s a French variation of [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Eden[/name] [name]Lisette[/name] goes well with [name]Vale[/name] [name]Lucien[/name] in my opinion. But [name]Lisbeth[/name] is cute as well! I also like [name]Eden[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] if you go with [name]Asher[/name] as [name]Vale[/name]'s middle name.

[name]Hi[/name]! The twins will be term in mid-[name]March[/name]… so, hoping to get to [name]March[/name], yk? What gestation were your sweet twins born at? (I love your sibset, btw)

I actually simply prefer [name]Asher[/name] as well. I agree w/ pretty much everything you said. However, our ln starts w/ a J, which would make his initials VAJ and I posted a poll (here https://nameberry.com/nametalk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16894&sid=1f35827cdaed00e1a0691cf1588f5753) and the majority of berries said I shouldn’t do that w/ the initials. We’re still considering it, tho, bc I above all prefer [name]Vale[/name] [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] [name]Elise[/name] (tho, [name]Eden[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] is a strong contender, too)

ooo! Honestly- I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lisette[/name]. I hadn’t even thought about it. and I really like [name]Eden[/name] [name]Lisette[/name] and [name]Vale[/name] [name]Lucien[/name]. Seriously, a fantastic suggestion. I’m going to run it by DH tomorrow.

WDYT of [name]Eden[/name] [name]Lisette[/name] vs. [name]Eden[/name] [name]Lisbeth[/name]?
nameberry says [name]Lisette[/name] is dated? hrmph :?

Thank you! I actually love love love the name [name]Beth[/name]. sort of a guilty pleasure of mine, as it is way more traditional than the names I usually like. That said, DH hates it. As in, he once said it was his least favorite name. :frowning: So, can’t do just [name]Beth[/name]. Interestingly, he doesn’t mind names containing [name]Beth[/name].
[name]Lilibeth[/name] I’m going to have to think on. I’m not fond of the '[name]Lil[/name]" sound at the beginning, but it gives me [name]Beth[/name] and I think the flow is a bit better than [name]Lisbeth[/name]…
I am excited about the idea of both of them having L mns.

I love the new combos!
For me, [name]Lucien[/name] is a strong and masculine name…I actually find [name]Asher[/name] much softer than [name]Lucien[/name], but we all have our own perceptions. I love the name [name]Lucien[/name] with [name]Vale[/name] – great combo!

[name]Eden[/name] [name]Lisbeth[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] [name]Lisette[/name] are both GORGEOUS! I think you should decide between those two. I don’t think [name]Lisette[/name] is dated at all – it is beautiful to me. I think [name]Lisette[/name] is the perfect pairing to [name]Lucien[/name], as well.

[name]Vale[/name] [name]Lucien[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] [name]Lisette[/name] – perfection! Although I could probably say the same about [name]Vale[/name] [name]Lucien[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] [name]Lisbeth[/name]…that combo 'wow’s me, as well! Good luck deciding; I am interested in what your husband thinks of [name]Lisette[/name].

Hmm, I missed that poll the first time. The comments are pretty negative. I really don’t think it’s awful. It’s not perfect, but it’s not the worst thing ever. [name]How[/name] often do you use all 3 of your initials for things? Maybe because my name ([name]Theresa[/name]) is something that doesn’t have alot of teasing potential, I’m less affected by worrying about teasing, but when i think about names, I rarely jump to teasing potential right away. I mean I do consider it and I wouldn’t want something with anything really horrible, but it’s not a huge factor for me. I just feel like from your poll post and here you and your DH really love [name]Vale[/name] [name]Asher[/name]. If you feel it’s meant to be, don’t let the initials hold you back. also consider that most initials don’t spell ANYTHING so people don’t say them as words – my daughter is PIC-- I never say her initials are the word “pick” I say it out P.I.C.

My girls were born at 37.5 weeks! I was actually amazed to make it that far since my first two were preemies. I never had bedrest or any complications either–such a blessing. I followed the [name]Brewer[/name] Diet VERY closely. (I’m fairly certain that was the reason I had such success).

Term twins AND with no complications! [name]Way[/name] to go, mama. I actually really wanted to do [name]Brewer[/name], but I have a wicked case of hyperemesis, so pretty much it is IV fluid and anything that sounds edible at the moment.

I kind of agree about the initial thing- that’s why we haven’t eliminated [name]Vale[/name] [name]Asher[/name] yet, but I have my doubts bc if that many people think it is cruel, well, IDK… :?:

Thanks! and, thanks everybody for your input.
So, DH didn’t love either [name]Lisbeth[/name] or [name]Lisette[/name]. :frowning: He didn’t outright veto them, but he certainly wasn’t thrilled. I’m not going to push the issue yet, bc last time, w/ ODD, naming turned into a HUGE fight and I just don’t want to go there again, esp when I still have months to go.
He did bring up a ?
*[name]How[/name] do you pn [name]Lisette[/name]? Like Leez-ette or [name]Liz[/name]-ette? I thought it was [name]Liz[/name]-ette, like as in [name]Elizabeth[/name], but he thinks I’m wrong.

Also, I’m really liking the same-initial feel of the mns. DH suggested a family name for [name]Eden[/name]
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Alba[/name] (assuming we use [name]Vale[/name] [name]Asher[/name])

WDYT of [name]Eden[/name] [name]Alba[/name]? Too out there? I actually kind of like it after I let it sit for a minute…

I really liked [name]Lucien[/name] and [name]Lisette[/name] as the middle names. They have a similar sound - L start, S sound in the middle and E at the end - and same French sound but aren’t too matchy matchy.
Oh, and I personally thought it was pronounced Lis-ette. But I could be wrong.

As for [name]Eden[/name] [name]Alba[/name]… I like that it would have the same initial as [name]Asher[/name], especially since you do want [name]Asher[/name] more. However, [name]Eden[/name] [name]Alba[/name] doesn’t really flow for me. The repeated 2 syllables and the vowel-consonant -vowel sound are a bit clunky. I think a 1 or 3 syllable mn would work better.
What about [name]Albany[/name]? [name]Eden[/name] [name]Albany[/name] and [name]Vale[/name] [name]Asher[/name]
Or what about [name]Bianca[/name]? It has the same meaning as [name]Alba[/name]. [name]Eden[/name] [name]Bianca[/name] and [name]Vale[/name] [name]Asher[/name]
… oh but it doesn’t have the same initial. Hmm :cry:

I couldn’t find any other A names that meant “white”. And I’m still learning how to figure out what someone else’s “style” is, so I would love to suggest some other A names but don’t know what you’d like. I’m sure some other Berries would know though :slight_smile: