Still thinking about name for Nell’s sister

Any thoughts on these names for [name_f]Nell[/name_f]’s sister?

[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

I’d like the middle name to be either [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]. They are honor names ([name_f]May[/name_f] doesn’t work with [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] or [name_f]Margot[/name_f])

I love [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]! They’re beautiful

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] are just gorgeous with [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is lovely too but it doesn’t really work with [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]…

Oh, I love [name_f]Nell[/name_f]!

[name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Ida[/name_f] fit beautifully for a sister. I especially love [name_f]Ida[/name_f], which shares [name_f]Nell[/name_f]'s sweet simplicity, spark and old-fashioned feel.

[name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] would be my choice, love it!

I’m partial to [name_f]Margot[/name_f], but I love [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] with [name_f]Nell[/name_f].

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] is gorgeous!

Agreeing with pp, I do love the name [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] with [name_f]Nell[/name_f]! Though I’m not sure if I like the pairing with either middle name… [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] and [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]…

Have you considered [name_f]Cecile[/name_f]?

What about…[name_f]Cecile[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]?

I love all those names! I think [name_f]Beth[/name_f] or [name_f]Briar[/name_f] would be cute as well.

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] - I love this name but this doesn’t roll of the tongue as well as the other names with the “th” sound. I feel like little kids may have a hard time saying this name.
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] -I like this name a lot! (it is more popular than your other choices though personally that doesn’t affect me but if you are trying to narrow them down and care about that it may be a consideration)
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] - I like this though don’t love. Doesn’t wow me as much as [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].
[name_f]Ida[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this so gorgeous, feminine, classic and romantic without feeling frilly. My favorite on your list.
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] -Tied for my favorite. I think this is a beautiful name that also has some spunk. A plus to me is that you don’t hear it often

My favorite combo is [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] with [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] making a close second. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :slight_smile:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Well, all of these names are pretty much perfect. But here are my thoughts anyway. :wink:

[name_f]Thea[/name_f]-I adore this. It’s simple, smart, vintage, feminine w/out being fussy…just lovely. Perfect w/Nelll. [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] are both really cute. I like the simplicity of [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] best.

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]-This is nice. It’s spunky & charming. It’s not my favorite from the list, but it’s a good name. I know a [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]! I’ve always thought that was a great combo.

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]-This is really fun & different. It may have a few spelling issues here & there (people may assume [name_f]Sicily[/name_f], I don’t know), but not a big deal. It’s a bit fancier than [name_f]Nell[/name_f], but not a deal breaker. I love [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f].

[name_f]Ida[/name_f]-I personally can’t get into this one, but I really want to like it. It’s unique yet simple like [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. Perfect match. [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] is maybe too short? I don’t know. [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] is great.

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]-Well, I don’t really care for [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] either, because the 'v’s run into each other. If [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] is a special family name, then don’t let it stop you. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] is fine. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is gorgeous. It’s so sleek & smart, but still kind sounding.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Ooooh [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] is lovely with [name_f]Nell[/name_f]!! They will make lovely little grandma sisters some day

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] is my favourite, I think [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] would be lovely with sister [name_f]Nell[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] work well for [name_f]Nell[/name_f]'s sister. [name_f]Ida[/name_f] is my favourite. [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u].

[name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] would be my top pick with sister [name_f]Nell[/name_f] but I dont love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
I also love the name [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] but seems a bit longer/thriller than [name_f]Nell[/name_f].
[name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] is a really good option!

I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] best with [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] would be so sweet! :slight_smile:

Of course, [name_f]Ida[/name_f] & [name_f]Thea[/name_f] both work well with [name_f]Nell[/name_f], too. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] would, but neither [name_f]May[/name_f] nor [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] works well as a mn with this one. And [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], while pretty, doesn’t quite match the vibe of [name_f]Nell[/name_f].

Ooh, I really love [name_f]Nell[/name_f]! [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] is my favorite potential combo and it works really well with [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Ida[/name_f], but I might go with [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] or even [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] which strikes me as a little fresher and less expected than [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f].

Would you consider [name_f]May[/name_f] as a first name?
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] & [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] & [name_f]Tess[/name_f]/[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] & [name_f]Bess[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] & [name_f]Sally[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] & [name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] & [name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] & [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] & [name_f]Flora[/name_f]

Wow, you have such a great list! I love [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] or [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] with [name_f]Nell[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

I also wouldn’t be opposed to using the middle name [name_u]James[/name_u], also a meaningful name.

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] perhaps or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u]?

I think [name_u]James[/name_u] works perfectly with [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!

I think I actually prefer them than the other names you listed. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] really compliment the sweetness and simplicity of [name_f]Nell[/name_f].