Still trying to decide on Leighton's middle name! :(

So I’m still trying to decide on [name]Leighton[/name]'s middle name! It was brought to my attention that some of the middle names I had mentioned in an earlier poll ([name]Faith[/name] and [name]Kate[/name]) had too much of a repeating “-ate” sound- “Late [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Faith[/name]” which I agree with and that’s why I love nameberry! [name]Even[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is a bit much of a repeating “-ay” sound. So I thought of a few others I really like and want to get your opinions on them and please give other suggestions similar to these. thanks!! :slight_smile:

[name]Leighton[/name] [name]Carys[/name]- I think this is beautiful but the only thing I worry about is people mispronouncing both names- [name]Lee[/name]-ton instead of [name]Lay[/name]-ton and Car-ees instead of Car-is. Also my husband isn’t sold on it. All the names he likes are really outdated and he is not being very open when I suggest more current names that I like…

[name]Leighton[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]- [name]Amelie[/name] is gorgeous, however we have some friends whose daughter’s first name is [name]Amelia[/name]. But the name isn’t exactly the same and it would be a middle name for us.

[name]Leighton[/name] [name]Aria[/name]- [name]Aria[/name] is very pretty, but once again I’m not sure I could sell my husband on it.

[name]Leighton[/name] [name]Skye[/name]- [name]Both[/name] my husband and I like this, but I’m thinking a more feminine middle name might go better since [name]Leighton[/name] is a unisex name.

Suggestions along this style are more than welcome! thanks! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]- mn is not the same as [name]Amelia[/name], and how often will it be said as a whole name anyway? Pretty.
I also like [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Skye[/name]… it just sounds and looks pretty to me, I personally feel [name]Skye[/name] is slightly less trendy.

[name]Carys[/name] and [name]Aria[/name] both have the long A that [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Faith[/name] have, which is a tad similar to [name]Leighton[/name] IMHO.
Unless [name]Aria[/name] is said as [name]Ah[/name]- ree-ah rather than A-ria, in whic case it could work, but I still prefer [name]Amelie[/name] or [name]Skye[/name].

emiliaj

Like emiliaj, I also prefer either [name]Amelie[/name] or [name]Skye[/name]. My personal choice would be [name]Skye[/name], but I’m a bit biased because that’s my daughter’s middle name, too. :slight_smile:

[name]Leighton[/name] [name]Skye[/name] sounds perfect! Perfectly girly name with a unisex 1st name!