Still trying to find a middle name for Giselle. Please Help!

99% sure we will be naming our daughter [name]Giselle[/name] and I’m having a really hard time coming up with the perfect middle name! I’m not big on “fillers” ie. [name]Anne[/name], [name]Mae[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Marie[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], etc. I seem to prefer 2-3 syllable names as well but I’m not ruling anything out. Some of the ones I’ve thought of are:
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] (My other daughters name is [name]Greta[/name], which is derived from [name]Margaret[/name] so I think this is out)
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name] (hubby hates this)
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (I consider [name]Grace[/name] a “filler” but it’s also my middle name so I could get away with using it but my other daughters name is [name]Greta[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name], same initials and that might get confusing?)
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (I like the way this sounds but again, I feel like it’s a “filler”)
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Christine[/name] (Also like the way it sounds but the name is associated with a person we do not want to name our daughter after)
[name]Just[/name] to give you guys an idea of what I like, but none of these seem to be “it”. I would like a stronger name, with more consonants since [name]Giselle[/name] is very feminine. Please, any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!

Some other options that might work:
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Anya[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Aria[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Tessa[/name]

Hmm…

[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Verity[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Cosette[/name]

We thought of [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Bridget[/name], also [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Clair[/name] but a friend just named her daughter [name]Clair[/name]. Still looking, keep 'em coming!

[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Maxine[/name] came to my mind. I feel like you never see this name anymore, and I believe it means “the greatest.” It’s a stronger name than [name]Giselle[/name] (when I think [name]Max[/name], I think strong) but still has a pretty and feminine sound. I think the “een” ending rounds out the name very well. [name]Greta[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name] and [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Maxine[/name]- I like it :slight_smile:

[name]Giselle[/name]…
[name]Amandine[/name]
[name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Dominique[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Mireille[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name]
[name]Seraphine[/name]
[name]Terese[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Manon[/name]
[name]Bernadette[/name]

I like [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Maxine[/name] very much and thought of that as well. I love the M and the X but a part of me sees [name]Maxine[/name], and thinks maxi pad. I know it’s ridiculous but I guess you think of everything when trying to name a child.

I like [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]!

Totally understandable. [name]Even[/name] though I’m sure that would rarely affect her, when you get something like that in your head it’s tough to get it out! Another name that I thought of was [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Patrice[/name]. I haven’t thought of this name before, but I knew a very strong willed, “go getter” type of girl named this is high school. I’ve rarely seen good spots to use it, but in this case I think it fits. It’s the French variation of [name]Patrick[/name], which I think means noble – if you’re interested :slight_smile:

[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] - because this is what I’d call my daughter if my husband would let me but he’s vetoed all ballet related names!

[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Patrice[/name]… That’s one I haven’t considered but I like it! I don’t think that’s THE one but I like the sound and the feel of it. [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] is BEAUTIFUL but I think I’m looking for some more consonants. I’m not sure what I’m looking for honestly!

[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Angelique[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Arianne[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Noelani[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Rosemarie[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Amira[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Xaviera[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Felicia[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Amaryllis[/name]

Wow, some great suggestions! [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Angelique[/name]… I think I’ll run that by my husband and see what he thinks, I like it! I love, love, love, the name [name]Vivian[/name] (all spellings and variations) and would name my daughter that in a second if it weren’t my best friends daughter’s name. Her other daughter is [name]Rosalie[/name] and I was tossing around [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Rosemarie[/name]- too similar?

I would trend towards using a French middle name as well. Here’s some suggestions:

[name]Giselle[/name]:

[name]Christiane[/name]: You mentioned you liked [name]Christine[/name], this is similar but has the extra syllable to carry “[name]Giselle[/name]”.
[name]Laurence[/name]: Pronounced “laur-AHNCE” not like the male name.
Margeaux (or the simpler [name]Margo[/name]): Simple enough for the “frilliness” of “[name]Giselle[/name]”
[name]Maryse[/name]: More unusual than the traditional “[name]Marie[/name]”. Pronounced “Mah-[name]REES[/name]”
[name]Adeline[/name]: pronounced “ada-LEEN” not “ada-line”
[name]Allaire[/name]: Might be a bit much in some regions, but love it all the same.
[name]Desiree[/name]: Classic French name, equal in femininity.
[name]Pascale[/name]: I’ve adored this name [name]FOREVER[/name], but the similar structure in name might be a little clunky depending on your last name.

Thanks for the suggestions. I really like [name]Maryse[/name], I think I’ll add that to my list and run it by the hubby. He’s stuck on [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] right now, which I like, but don’t love. I also like [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Corrine[/name]- I think it’s pretty but I’m still trying to find a stronger name to balance out the frilliness of [name]Giselle[/name]…

Also, I love [name]Christiane[/name] but it’s my co-workers daughters middle name :slight_smile: