still undecided.

Here are some of my favourite choices.What does everyone think .My little girl will be happy and placid but strong.My surname again is [name]Deane[/name] pronounced like [name]James[/name] [name]Dean[/name]. [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] , [name]Jane[/name] [name]Deane[/name] , [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] , [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Deane[/name] , [name]Emma[/name] ([name]Jane[/name]) [name]Deane[/name] , Siofra [name]Deane/name , [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Deane[/name] , [name]Nina[/name] [name]Deane[/name] , [name]Cora[/name] [name]Deane[/name] , [name]Alice[/name] [name]Deane[/name] , [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Deane[/name] , [name]Julia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] , [name]Claudia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] , [name]Niamh[/name] [name]Deane[/name] Your opinions and preferences or own ideas please,obviously these are the names I am agonising over but I just need to make a decision.Thanks to all.

[name]Alice[/name] is my favourite, followed by [name]Emilia[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name]. I think all have the qualities you’re looking for, but [name]Alice[/name] is still a little more unusual.

[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Deane[/name]: I love [name]Emilia[/name], but I really hear the repetitive ee sounds in both names ([name]Em[/name]-eee-lia Deeen).

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Deane[/name]: I love [name]Jane[/name], but I think a longe name sounds better with [name]Deane[/name]. ([name]Jane[/name] [name]Deane[/name] also sounds really close to [name]James[/name] [name]Deane[/name] to me…)

[name]Olivia[/name] [name]Deane[/name]: [name]Olivia[/name] is very popular, but if that doesn’t bother you, I think it sounds great with [name]Deane[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Deane[/name]: I love [name]Phoebe[/name], but with [name]Deane[/name], the long e sounds in both names really stand out to me, even more than I heard with [name]Emilia[/name]. I hear Phee-bee [name]Dee[/name].

[name]Emma[/name] ([name]Jane[/name]) [name]Deane[/name]: [name]Emma[/name] is very popular(it’s #1 in the US), and I think I like some of your longer options with [name]Deane[/name].

Siofra [name]Deane/name: I don’t personally like the sound of SHEE-fra with [name]Deane[/name] (a lot of eee).

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Deane[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] this! I love the classic feel, and think the combo is great!

[name]Nina[/name] [name]Deane[/name]: The neen part of [name]Nina[/name] rhymes with [name]Deane[/name]. I hear Neen [name]Deen[/name].

[name]Cora[/name] [name]Deane[/name]: I love [name]Cora[/name], but not the flow or sound of [name]Cora[/name] with [name]Dean[/name]. (I think of the words “cordon” and “cordoned.”)

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Deane[/name]: I love [name]Alice[/name], but with [name]Dean[/name], I’m still loving [name]Susannah[/name].

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Deane[/name]: [name]Isabel[/name]/[name]Isabella[/name] are very, very popular, but I do think the flow is lovely. :slight_smile:

[name]Julia[/name] [name]Deane[/name]: I think that [name]Julia[/name] is a great name, and I think it sounds fantastic with [name]Deane[/name].

[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Deane[/name]: I love [name]Claudia[/name], but with [name]Deane[/name], I think it’s a bit D-heavy, and I hear a lot of dee (both [name]Claudia[/name] and [name]Deane[/name] have “dee” sounds).

[name]Niamh[/name] [name]Deane[/name]: If this is pronounced [name]Neve[/name], I think a longer first name would sound great with [name]Deane[/name].

The names I love best with [name]Deane[/name] from your list:

[name]Olivia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] (popular, though)
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Deane[/name]

I think that your last name sounds great with longer first names (at least thee syllables long) that don’t emphasize an e sound.

Some more you may like with [name]Deane[/name]:

[name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] [name]Deane[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile: (And don’t worry; You’ll find the perfect name!) :slight_smile:

I have to agree that I think [name]Jane[/name] [name]Deane[/name] and [name]James[/name] [name]Dean[/name] are to close.

My favorites are [name]Julia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Deane[/name]. I really like [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Deane[/name].

I will just write about the names I love with [name]Deane[/name]:

[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - love this. Since [name]Emilia[/name] is so soft and gentle and has so many syllables, it sounds great with [name]Deane[/name]. [name]Love[/name] nn’s [name]Emmy[/name] and [name]Millie[/name].

[name]Olivia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - love. soft, gentle, lots of syllables again. Plus I just love [name]Olivia[/name]. But it is so popular. [name]Love[/name] nn’s [name]Ollie[/name] and [name]Livvy[/name].

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - love for the same reasons as the names above. Not as popular, but I don’t really like the nn’s.

[name]Cora[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - now this is shorter, but I love it. [name]Cora[/name] sounds really different than [name]Deane[/name]. It has a nice strong “r” in it that gives it a lot of body. You could lenthen it to [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Deane[/name]. That is softer and very pretty. Then her nn could be [name]Cora[/name].

[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - I love the name [name]Claudia[/name]. It is different and kind of clunky cool. The sound “di” in [name]Claudia[/name] sounds a lot like the sound in [name]Deane[/name], but I like that similarity. Doesn’t sound sing-song-y to me.

[name]Julia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Deane[/name] sound very safe to me. They are so lovely, but I like your other choices above more because they sound more, forgive me if this sounds odd, but they sound more like they’re swooping through the air like birds. [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name] with [name]Deane[/name] sound more demure like beautiful crystal glasses sitting on tables. I guess you just have to decide what your style is: there’s:
[name]Emilia[/name] - spelling makes it interesting, sounds vintage and [name]German[/name], I just love it!
[name]Olivia[/name] - swooping but so popular
[name]Susannah[/name] - not so swooping, more Colonial. I think of a bonnet and a rocking chair.
[name]Coralie[/name] - now this makes me think of salt-water taffy or some kind of colorful and delicious candy!
[name]Claudia[/name] - okay, now that I think of it, this is not so swoopy, but I think of a colorful duck with very orange webbed feet. And it has a bonnet on.

I love [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Emilia[/name]! I sort of like the “ee” sound in [name]Emilia[/name] and [name]Deane[/name].

Hey lamps,I love [name]Alice[/name] too . To me its a beautiful little girl with a big sense of fun and adventure,I must be thinking [name]Alice[/name] in wonderland -magical.I’m delighted you also went with [name]Emilia[/name] as this was one of my first preferences. [name]Olivia[/name] is also beautiful with [name]Deane[/name] but I wonder has it the same character as the other two.Thank you for your opinion.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jill[/name],
Your analysis of names is brilliant,so I think I’ll ditch [name]Nina[/name] (as great a name as it is).I tend to disagree with you on [name]Cora[/name] but I appreciate your contribution, maybe it dosen’t sound the best of all the list,but I still love the innocence and purity and sheer warmth of the name-I think it fits a young girl right through to a mature lady. I was glad to here you thought [name]Julia[/name] was lovely(my sister-in-law said the flow with [name]Deane[/name] wasn’t great so looks like we’ve all proved her wrong(always check with the experts-right.)Your other thoughs were also spot on.From your personal list it’s interesting you included [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] since it has that emphasis of ‘e’ with deane. I bet you really love the name-it is stunning but I’m probably not brave enough.[name]Veronica[/name] does sound so STRONG with [name]Deane[/name] which makes it stand out.I think it’s one of those names that I disliked say ten years ago but I find myself wondering why now because it is a stand out saints name that is rich and striking.I also love [name]Francesca[/name] but where I live people are so conservative and boring they may say Are you Italien? [name]Do[/name] you think this may be an issue because it really is a gorgeous name.By the way sibs. are [name]Sarah[/name].

Thanks dlisa, they are both so great it s hard to choose is’t it.

I will just write about the names I love with [name]Deane[/name]:

[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - love this. Since [name]Emilia[/name] is so soft and gentle and has so many syllables, it sounds great with [name]Deane[/name]. [name]Love[/name] nn’s [name]Emmy[/name] and [name]Millie[/name].

[name]Olivia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - love. soft, gentle, lots of syllables again. Plus I just love [name]Olivia[/name]. But it is so popular. [name]Love[/name] nn’s [name]Ollie[/name] and [name]Livvy[/name].

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - love for the same reasons as the names above. Not as popular, but I don’t really like the nn’s.

[name]Cora[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - now this is shorter, but I love it. [name]Cora[/name] sounds really different than [name]Deane[/name]. It has a nice strong “r” in it that gives it a lot of body. You could lenthen it to [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Deane[/name]. That is softer and very pretty. Then her nn could be [name]Cora[/name].

[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - I love the name [name]Claudia[/name]. It is different and kind of clunky cool. The sound “di” in [name]Claudia[/name] sounds a lot like the sound in [name]Deane[/name], but I like that similarity. Doesn’t sound sing-song-y to me.

[name]Julia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Deane[/name] sound very safe to me. They are so lovely, but I like your other choices above more because they sound more, forgive me if this sounds odd, but they sound more like they’re swooping through the air like birds. [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name] with [name]Deane[/name] sound more demure like beautiful crystal glasses sitting on tables. I guess you just have to decide what your style is: there’s:
[name]Emilia[/name] - spelling makes it interesting, sounds vintage and [name]German[/name], I just love it!
[name]Olivia[/name] - swooping but so popular
[name]Susannah[/name] - not so swooping, more Colonial. I think of a bonnet and a rocking chair.
[name]Coralie[/name] - now this makes me think of salt-water taffy or some kind of colorful and delicious candy!
[name]Claudia[/name] - okay, now that I think of it, this is not so swoopy, but I think of a colorful duck with very orange webbed feet. And it has a bonnet on.[/quote]

I really have to reply to you susan since we both share the same name.You obviously think with your heart quite a bit probably like I do. Yes [name]Emilia[/name] is so feminine and sweet with deane my only reservation was (and there’s always one with me) is ;is it a little too frilly/fussy? i’m not a really girly type myself so maybe she’ll be similar?But then again she is a girl after all and the nn.s are darling.I’m thrilled you love [name]Cora[/name] too.You can’t go wrong with it’s warm simplicity can you.My mum just has a dog euthenised who has the name but that dosen’t matter I should’t think.I loved the poetic descriptions of birds vs. still vases.Names really do come to life and can be likened to nature and art.I personally am a down -to-earth mother nature type so I gravitate to names like [name]Maya[/name],[name]Joia[/name], or even warm names like [name]Laura[/name]/[name]Lara[/name] or [name]Lily[/name] or maybe [name]Lila[/name].WDYT of these?Last question [name]Susan[/name].[name]How[/name] exactly is [name]Coralie[/name] pronounced? It seems like a lovely light-hearted kind of name.Is it cor-a-[name]LEE[/name]? Is it french?I really appreciate your time and patience-your a real breath of fresh air.

Wow I think that’s definately the thumbs up for [name]Julia[/name] overall.It’s interesting that everyone also loved [name]Emilia[/name] (except for [name]Jill[/name] who did’t really love it with [name]Deane[/name]) ,It’s great to get a mix of ideas like this,it clarifies everything(well a little anyway).My husband has been talking about [name]Isabel[/name] for a while now and I really like it too,but maybe it’s just hard for me to adapt to someone elses idea.Has anyone else felt like this?again thanks and if there are any more great name ideas -please fire away.

I vote for [name]Julia[/name]!

It’s just such a pretty name and a classic. I especially love it with the last name [name]Deane[/name] and with your other children’s names. And even though [name]Susan[/name] voted against it, her description of [name]Julia[/name] as a crystal vase made me love it even more :slight_smile:

I should add that [name]Cora[/name] is one of my personal favorites, so I can understand why you love it too, but I just don’t think it works so well with your last name - for me, it loses some of its charm when paired with [name]Deane[/name], while the opposite is true for [name]Julia[/name].

[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] is a combo of frilly and casual, but for me, it works. I love it.

I think [name]Coralie[/name] is pronounced Core-uh-lee. [name]Love[/name] the nn’s [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Corrie[/name]. Also love [name]Cordelia[/name], but do you like [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Deane[/name]. I will think about it, but I think it may be too “d” heavy. On the other hand, it’s pretty.

It’s not that I dislike [name]Julia[/name]. I just think it’s very safe. And maybe I am biased toward [name]Julia[/name] because my niece [name]Julia[/name] is a very, very difficult person. [name]Julia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] just sounds very perfect to me, and I like something more experimental. [name]Julia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] is gorgeous, but [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Dean[/name] is much more fun and jaunty, and [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] makes my heart thump.
I would stay away from [name]Lila[/name] because I think it’s going to get super popular like [name]Ava[/name]. It is wonderful though.
My daughter’s name is [name]Laura[/name]. Hmmm…[name]Laura[/name] [name]Deane[/name], it is lovely, but it has that safe feeling again. [name]Lara[/name] [name]Deane[/name] is so short. [name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Lily[/name] [name]Deane[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Leonora[/name] [name]Deane[/name], but don’t love the nn’s.
Let’s see if I can think of any more:

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - love
[name]Luella[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name] [name]Deane[/name] nn [name]Millie[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - I love it, love it! [name]Just[/name] sumptuous! I think I would pick this. Doesn’t sound too safe, but it is so pretty!
[name]Olivia[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - I think this was on your original list. I love it. It is so popular though.
[name]Paloma[/name] [name]Deane[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - somebody else thought of this, and I second it. love [name]Vera[/name] [name]Deane[/name], too. Gorgeous, and a bit wild.
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Deane[/name] - beautiful!

I think I’ve alredy recommended this, but do you like [name]Cecilia[/name]? I think it has the qualities of both [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Emilia[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] there! :slight_smile: I just want to clarify that I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cora[/name] (it’s one of my favorite names in the world), but I just prefer the flow of some of the others on your list with your last name.

When I say the -lia ending names out loud with [name]Deane[/name] (like [name]Julia[/name]), I think that the a ending balances out the ee part. (With [name]Emilia[/name], which I think is gorgeous, I guess I hear the EE sound so much because it’s a syllable that’s emphasized in the name (e-MEE-lia). Like you said, everyone hears and likes different things, so I think it’s great that you’re getting so many different points of view.

With [name]Francesca[/name], I personally know of many non-Italian Francescas, so I guess I don’t associate it solely with Italian heritage. That said, if it bothers you, that’s all that matters. I just saw that your daughter’s name is [name]Sarah[/name], and I don’t think that [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] are the best match.

I absolutely love so many names on your list, but I just personally preferred the longer ones with your last name.

I think that [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Deane[/name] is amazing, by the way, but I’m not sure about it with the more traditional (and lovely) [name]Sarah[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile: