Story behind your username/profile picture?

Hi berries! I’ve seen some cool usernames and profile pictures, so here’s a thread to share the stories behind them!

Mine is rather boring— [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is my secondary nickname at home and Wilbury comes from the Traveling Wilburys, also known as the “Billion-Dollar Quintet,” also known as “the old geezers get together and try again.” I love them. I also love the joke of the band, which is that the five members are a group of stepbrothers in a traveling band known as the Traveling Wilburys.

(It consists of [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_m]Bob[/name_m] [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], [name_m]Tom[/name_m] Petty, [name_m]Jeff[/name_m] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f], and [name_u]Roy[/name_u] Orbison. Mad respect and love for [name_u]Roy[/name_u] Orbison, mad respect and love for [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], mad respect and love for [name_m]Jeff[/name_m] [name_f]Lynne[/name_f]’s hair. [name_m]Tom[/name_m] Petty I can take or leave, [name_m]Bob[/name_m] [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] was a great songwriter.)

My profile picture is equally simple— it’s just [name_m]Eric[/name_m] Clapton.

I’d love to hear the stories behind yours!

10 Likes

Neither my username nor my profile picture has an interesting backstory, I’m afraid. I chose my profile picture because I think sunsets over the water are so peaceful and pretty. I’m not a sailor or anything but now I’m attached to the picture and don’t want to change it :joy: [name_f]My[/name_f] username is just something I started using as a kid and when I joined NB it was what came to mind.

5 Likes

My username comes from my Minecraft username (lol) that I came up with a few years ago. I liked “[name_u]Quill[/name_u]” since I enjoy writing and want to be an author, but [name_u]Quill[/name_u] was taken. So I added the “iza” since I thought it flowed well.

People always say they think my username is Quizilla, so maybe that wasn’t a great choice lol

My profile picture is a picrew that I made a month ago. It’s basically what I look like/what I want to look like :))

4 Likes

Artemis, because I can literally name you every single Greek God/Godess in Greek mythology and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is one of my favourite’s.
31 because my boys, myself and my partner all have sequential birthday dates!
We range from 27,28,29,30 ( different months) and I would really love for our third ( when we concieve) to have a 31st birthday.

4 Likes

That’s so cool!! What are the chances of that?

3 Likes

Spoondrift is seawater blown from the tops of waves, particularly during storms. I kind of see it as encountering a trial, failing, and getting back up to try again— y’know, facing the storms in our lives by pushing forward, no matter how much the wind tries to hold you back. I like analogies, as you can tell :grin:

11 Likes

I know it’s a bit spooky :rofl::eyes:
I think a 26th or 1st could work too.

3 Likes

my username is a pun on my name, and my profile picture is there because it fits my aesthetic and I just really like cathedrals

8 Likes

My username: [name_f]My[/name_f] middle name followed by the year I was born. I’m clearly very creative

My Profile Picture: [name_m]Art[/name_m] I found on Pinterest. It looks kind of like me, but not very much, which is kinda sad.

5 Likes

My username: a french word for cashew, I have a joke with my brother about cashews. I love the word and I use it as usernames whenever it’s not taken :grin:

My profile picture is [name_u]Maria[/name_u] [name_f]Callas[/name_f]. I love her voice and her expression in this picture. I also have an unintentional pattern of using a famous person’s face as a profile picture :grin:

10 Likes

my username has a funny story!! I was trying to type “bay44” because I was looking out of my window at the bay when I was making my account, and 4 is my favorite number. I accidentally typed “baya44” but I kept it because I thought [name_f]Baya[/name_f] sounded like a name, and this is a naming website!!

6 Likes

Mine is pretty simple - wrens are my mum’s favourite birds. :blush: I love them too, with their friendly, inquisitive nature. :blue_heart:

What a great reference! They have some great music. :blush:

4 Likes

They do! Though honestly I am more taken by their premise— it makes me laugh every time, [name_m]Nelson[/name_m], [name_m]Otis[/name_m], [name_u]Lucky[/name_u], Lefty, and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] T. Wilbury :rofl:

2 Likes

Jack is my name. The picture is my cat. Easy :wink:

3 Likes

This is a fun idea for a thread! Dandelions and orchids both have special meanings to me separately, but I started thinking about them together when I read about a theory that uses them both as symbolism. The picture is one I took a long time ago and then seemed perfect given the username!

4 Likes

Username: no story, I just thought it would look good as a username. I have it on my list as a name too: [name_f]Ethel[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Ethelmary[/name_f]!

Profile picture: He just looks nice.

5 Likes

My username is probably the most boring one ever, doesn’t have any story behind it. [name_f]My[/name_f] profile picture is just a picture of a crown I found on Pinterest and thought it looked quite nice.

3 Likes

Username: I liked it as a name? And upon further examination, it could actually work as a nn for my actual name!

Profile picture: It’s an inside joke between me and my friend. We’d always send the picture back and forth to each other, and it was one of the only saved pictures to my computer. And I don’t feel like changing it.

4 Likes

I think I’ve already shared all of this in the past, but just in case…
Username: literally just my initials twice, once in letter form and once in numeric form.
Profile picture: all of my profile pics have been drawings of mine, but this is the first one that I designed specifically as a profile pic.

2 Likes

well my name is hannah, and just hannah on it’s own was taken so I added two extra h’s (it did not take a lot of imagination)

pmy profile picture is a character from my favourite tv show (parks & recreation), she isn’t actually my favourite character, I just kept thinking this one specific screencap would make a good pfp, so it picked it

(like i said before, there was not a lot of imagination put into this, i was more interested in the names :joy:)

2 Likes