Story behind your username/profile picture?

I was…playing a lot of Dance Central 2 at the time, and my favorite crew was the Glitterati :grimacing: So, [name_f]Kerith[/name_f], Jaryn, and Glitter. I just happen to like glitter a lot anyways, and pic is a color I like. That’s all.

2 Likes

Mine isn’t interesting; [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] was my favourite combination at the time and I found my profile picture on Pinterest.

I wish I’d chosen beyondsunrises as my username which is my go to choice on Instagram, Twitter etc but alas.

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Berry[/name_u] Crumble, i could eat it all the time. [name_f]My[/name_f] photo is just a picture I like.

1 Like

My friends back in [name_f]England[/name_f] call me Tildabob and since I moved to [name_f]France[/name_f] it’s been kind of a way to remember them. So now it’s just a nice way to make sure that all the good times in [name_f]England[/name_f] are not forgotten.
And as for the profile pic, I just found it on google!

2 Likes

My username: a username I wanted to use somewhere else but was wayyy too long. 1 is my lucky number, hence the number one. Breadsticks, not only delicious, but random.

My profile picture: A huge teddy bear from ikea. Fun place.

2 Likes

My username is actually the name of an old pet cat. She was a beautiful grey tabby. My partner and I weren’t feeling overly imaginative but obviously wanted to steer clear of “smokey” and “misty” and the likes… apparently Kiriko means “child of the mist”? She was so gorgeous and cuddly and attached to me and I was absolutely in love with her, but sadly she was hit by a car when she was only 1.

My profile pic is Iceland Poppies, after a poem by Ruth Dallas:

You ask me
What I am saying
In my poems.
What am I saying?
That everything
is falling from us,
We, too, are falling;

And so this day, this
Hour, with the sun shining
in its customary fashion
And the wind blowing the trees,
You and I,
Sitting behind windows
Discussing poems,
This moment, every moment, falls,
Is falling.

More precious
Than any fiery diamond
Is the flowering human heart,
Opening like a poppyhead
And like a poppy falling.

It’s a sad poem really, the brevity of life and hopes and dreams… but also somehow beautiful, the passing of time, moment after beautiful moment, and the human spirit and brightness bursting forth into flower again and again with so many beautiful lives (or maybe I’m interpreting the poem all wrong!).

Oh I looove parks and recreation! Such a good show.

4 Likes

My user name is my middle name which was also my great grandmother’s middle name. Her first name was [name_f]Thelma[/name_f] so given the choice I think my mom did well to name me [name_f]Adalee[/name_f]. Thanks, Mom!

My profile picture I couldn’t figure out how to change from the given pink “A” but after reading this thread I thought I’d give it a try. I chose a picture of the beach that I took on our last big trip, two weekends before Covid shutdowns happened.

1 Like

Chen is my nickname, one that has evolved since I was little from my real name, and [name_m]Chen[/name_m] stuck around the longest.

Delight is my favorite word.

My pic is just some polka dots that I made when I was making a phone background one day

1 Like

My username is just a lame pun on “The Order of the [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]”, the [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] book that I was reading for the first time when I joined. I purposely went for something more subtle in case I outgrew my [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] phase, since I can’t change it and wouldn’t want to make a new account.

It’s also a combination of two of my favorite names, to represent my diverse taste (one classic, one modern).

My profile picture is [name_m]Barley[/name_m] Lightfoot from Onward, because I love Onward and I especially love [name_m]Barley[/name_m] and I may or may not have a bit of a crush on him :flushed:

4 Likes

…did you?

1 Like

Not exactly. I don’t constantly think about it anymore, but I still do like [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m].

3 Likes

Username: Mine is pretty boring. [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] is my first name and [name_u]Cadence[/name_u] is my middle name. I decided VeronicaCadence was not good enough so I decided on Veronica_Cadence

PFP: A few months ago, I made a thread asking Berries what I should have my new pfp as. The majority of voters decided on my current one so that’s that

3 Likes

I really like the name [name_f]Julia[/name_f] at the moment, so I put my name ([name_f]Liana[/name_f]) and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] together and it made [name_f]Juliana[/name_f]. Turns out my parents actually got my name from [name_f]Juliana[/name_f], but they didn’t want to use it because they don’t like [name_f]Julia[/name_f] :laughing:

As for my picture, it’s a long plant/ vine in my garden and I just zoomed in :sparkles:

2 Likes

my username is “mauve” which is purple in french and i added “ia” at the end to make it cute hehe :woman_shrugging:t2: with my lucky number.

and for my profile picture, it’s arizona robbins from grey’s anatomy, she is my all time favorite and i really liked this picture so that’s why i chose it.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] previous username was an idea stolen from my husband’s go-to username (only I inserted one of my nicknames instead of his.) I can be pretty uninspired when it comes to naming things for myself. I wanted something more personal and more my style for a long time but only recently thought of it. [name_m]Hence[/name_m], I am now ladyofthetower.

“ladyofthetower” hints at my married name while also having a subtle tie to my maiden name and being a connection to “proverbs 18:10” which was inscribed on my wedding ring and my husband’s. I like making connections that tell a story of some kind. It also ties into my profile pic (The [name_m]Young[/name_m] Shepherdess by William-Adolphe Bouguereau) because of the biblical presentation of [name_m]Christ[/name_m] as a lowly shepherd and yet [name_m]King[/name_m] and “strong tower.”

The painting is located in the city I was raised in. Before I was born my father (who I only have 1 memory of) told my mother she was like the woman in this painting. Now that I’m older I love the association because my mother raised all 6 of her children without help from a husband and I think it really brings to my mind how she tried to shepherd her little flock.

1 Like

Why are my stories always boring :man_facepalming:

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_m]Kip[/name_m]. I am depressed. I love music.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] user name is my first initial and last name
[name_f]My[/name_f] picture is my nephew, he’s my life and I love him so much, and I really like this picture

My username is my nickname with… x’s. And my profile pic is of a colourful wolf, cause I love wolves and colour so much!

my username is my name + my favorite name when I joined Nameberry.

my profile picture for years was a little linework drawing of a plant I like, but I got bored of it this year, so I switched it to one of my favorite pictures, which is of [name_m]Steven[/name_m] Spielberg in the mouth of the mechanical shark on set of the movie Jaws (my favorite movie). But! I thought that since profile pictures are so small, someone might think that it was actually a dude being eaten by a shark and I didn’t want to scare anyone so I really changed it to Stitch from [name_f]Lilo[/name_f] & Stitch lmao

1 Like

This is such a fun thread!! I’m super excited to write a bit about my profile setup.

[name_f]My[/name_f] username comes from a line describing [name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u] in the novel [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u] writes that [name_f]Amy[/name_f] is a “regular snow maiden” with her blonde curls and blue eyes. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother has always described me as an [name_f]Amy[/name_f] (which I thought was so rude when I was small, but have now grown to appreciate immensely!), so my user is a nod to her.

[name_f]My[/name_f] profile picture is a photo of [name_f]Amy[/name_f] walking through a creek with [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] in the 2017 miniseries adaptation of [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women. I just think it’s a really serene, lovely photo. :relaxed:

3 Likes