Strangest names you ever met?

Well…? :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S.- Only names of people you’ve actually met or heard of.

Oops. Posted this twice. Sorry!

I like your little PS there - we don’t need to hear all the same made up stories again!

I was at our CVS picking up a prescription. The pharmacist’s name was [name_f]Faith[/name_f] - spelled Phayth! I couldn’t believe it, I cringed and thought of Nameberry instantly!

I went to high school with a girl named Cryst@l Lier which didn’t sound weird until we did a project about our names in class, and she revealed her middle name was Sh@nd@.

[name_f]My[/name_f] aunt’s best friend is named Frosty.

Can my own name count? Because I’m named [name_m]Eamon[/name_m].

I’ve met people named:
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] (female)
[name_f]Season[/name_f] (female)
Ledgynd (male)
[name_f]Monday[/name_f] (female)
Nawledge (male)
[name_m]Christian[/name_m] (two females)
Chanse (male)
[name_u]Lucky[/name_u] (male)
[name_u]Chase[/name_u] (male)
[name_u]Indiana[/name_u] (male)
[name_f]September[/name_f] (female)
[name_f]Amity[/name_f] (female)
[name_u]Michael[/name_u] (female)
Memri [female)
[name_u]Brook[/name_u] (male)
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] (male)
[name_u]December[/name_u] (female)
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] (female)

just to name a few

Kashmier (girl)
[name_f]McKenzie[/name_f] (boy)
[name_m]Christian[/name_m] (girl)
Tuff (boy)
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m] (girl)
[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] (girl)
[name_f]Treasure[/name_f] (girl)
[name_u]Billie[/name_u] (girl)
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] (boy)

I’m not completely sure if this counts, but I’ll post it anyway. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad works with a woman named Mrs. Tiddy. And she never told anyone her first name. Which turned out to be the lovely (and unfortunate) [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Tiddy.

Xavier and Christian for a girl are strange indeed. Never heard those before! (For boys but not girls.) I’ve heard of McKenzie and Billie before, but I too thought they were a little unusual when I first heard them.

I know a Kyra, which I have always thought to be an unusual name. There’s someone at my local church who is called Kwane, and my mother’s friend has a son called Jensen Blue. I have also come across an Elieena (pronounced as Elena). I also used to know a Cayden.

Hayraugh (pronouced HARROW, as in a harrowing journey)

A woman came to register her son for gymnastics. I thought at first that she said “[name_f]Harlow[/name_f],” which I thought was interesting for a boy…then I saw it on the form. Hayraugh.

We met a boy on the playground named Omen…I’ve never been able to forgive the poor boy’s parents for it.

Haha, a lot of the names I mentioned aren’t really strange, but a lot of them are not on the gender you’d expect them to be. Boys names on girls and girls names on boys is a big pet peeve of mine. lol. I knew a [name_f]Kyra[/name_f] in high school. I think its a very pretty name! One of my friends named her son [name_m]Cayden[/name_m]. Another friend was going to name her baby [name_m]Cayden[/name_m] no matter the gender. She ended up having a girl and thankfully she did not name her [name_m]Cayden[/name_m].

I know a guy named Cheer, and my sister used to have a friend named [name_u]Echo[/name_u]. I think I saw a girl named [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] on TV a long time ago, but I could be remembering wrong.

A close friend of mine is named [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] Romulea nn [name_f]Eva[/name_f] ( pr . Eh - vuh ) . [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] is common but i find Romulea pretty weird & i must tell you that she hates it .

Tadgh (boy) not sure how you pronounce it, silent “d” perhaps?

[name_m]Seamus[/name_m] (boy) pronounced [name_u]Shay[/name_u]-mus.

They are probably not that strange or uncommon but when I first those names in school I thought they were.

[name_m]Tadhg[/name_m] is Irish, it’s [name_m]Teague[/name_m] ([name_u]Tay[/name_u] - guh) in English.