Streeter

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! My husband and I love the name Streeter for a boy. It’s a family name, which it makes it even more special to us. We love it because it’s different while not being too far out there. Any thoughts on the name? Also, being that this is our first, we want to be sure that it’s a name where we won’t have a hard time picking other names that go for any future siblings. Any sibling name suggestions?

It’s certainly not one I’d go for myself, but it’s got a family tie and you’re right - [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m], [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], Streeter, [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] etc. it fits in nicely. I’d probably use it as a middle name, but I think it works as a first.

As with the names that are in a similar style to it e.g. [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]… I think there are plenty of sibling names that work well with those, so I’m sure there are plenty that will work with Streeter. Besides, unless you’re going with a particular theme, there’s no reason that names have to be similar styles etc.

I can’t really see Streeter as a name, sorry. I’m in journalism and a streeter is what we call going out on the street and walking around interviewing random members of the public. If you were to use it though, I would use another surname-y sounding name or an occupational name for a sibling, like [name_m]Archer[/name_m] or [name_u]Harper[/name_u].

It doesnt feel like a real name, and I dont like its sound
If you have to use it, it would make an okay middle
[name_m]Skipper[/name_m] maybe?