(Stretch) full names for Winnie

Recently, I’ve been crushing on [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] (mostly because the [name_m]Tuck[/name_m] Everlasting broadway cast album is the only thing I’ve listened to for the past week :sweat_smile:) and I was wondering what your favorite full names for [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] are!

To add to the challenge, I’m not the biggest fan of [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], [name_u]Winslow[/name_u], [name_f]Winslet[/name_f], [name_u]Winter[/name_u], or [name_f]Edwina[/name_f]. [name_f]Winona[/name_f] is nice but a bit too connected to the actress for me to seriously consider. For ideas of my style if you think that would help, see my usercard!

4 Likes

Wilhelmina? [name_f]Winika[/name_f]? [name_f]Winry[/name_f]? [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]?

1 Like

I just like the simple [name_u]Wynn[/name_u] :blush:

1 Like

I think you could also have [name_u]Winter[/name_u]

1 Like

What about [name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f]/Bronwen/Branwen?

1 Like

Lots of great suggestions so far. The only names I can think of that haven’t been said so far are [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], [name_f]Conwenna[/name_f], and [name_f]Winola[/name_f].

2 Likes

Elowyn/Elowen
[name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f]/Bronwen
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]

1 Like

We love [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] as well! On our list we have [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] and [name_f]Rhoswen[/name_f] to get to [name_f]Winnie[/name_f].

1 Like

Elowen, Winrie, or [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] (Though I do personally love Winrie for a boy as an alternative to [name_m]Henry[/name_m]!)

1 Like

My personal favourite full name for [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is [name_f]Olwyn[/name_f]/Olwin.

1 Like

Elowen
[name_f]Anwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilwen[/name_f]

1 Like

Rowan/Rowen nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] would be cute

1 Like

I feel the same way! Winnie is perfect but none of the full length names are really my style. I like Winslow and Winslet but they’re a bit too surnamey for my taste. I also like Winry but just don’t love it.

One I saw on a baby name video was Winneka (pronounced win-neh-cah). Winneka feels girly and feminine but not too frilly. I think Winneka nn Winnie is gorgeous! Hopefully this helps your dilemma a little. I also found the link if you’re interested in hearing how its pronounced: Teens Reveal their Secret Baby Name Lists! i'm in love with these girl names! SJ STRUM - YouTube

Best of luck deciding!

1 Like

I love the nickname [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] but I can’t get onboard with it as a stand-alone name and I don’t love most of the obvious full names.

The nickname [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is the reason [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is one of my long-standing favourites for a girl.

I think [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] “[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]” is perfection. Although she might get “[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]” outside of the family, which is unavoidable, I think.

1 Like

Wivina!

1 Like

Rowan
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Wanda[/name_f]
I think any name that has a w followed by an n could work.

I also really like that musical!

1 Like

Ceridwen

1 Like

Wilhelmina?

1 Like

Guinevere

2 Likes

I too love the nickname [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] but don’t love the typical names that are often used to get to it.

I think names that contain “vin” instead of “win” in them could have the nickname [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]. Think [name_m]William[/name_m] being able to turn into [name_m]Bill[/name_m] or [name_u]Billy[/name_u].

To that end, my favorite name that could have the nickname [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], followed by [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/Vivienne, which I think also works because of the “vi” start and “n” ending.

A search for girls’ names containing “vin” in the Nameberry search bar also reveals a number of other options.

I hope this helps!

1 Like