Struggling to pick girl's name!

See the results of this poll: Which one do you like best with Henry?

Respondents: 47 (This poll is closed)

• Amelia: 17 (36%)
  • Daphne: 3 (6%)
  • Eliza: 17 (36%)
  • Lucy: 10 (21%)

I love all your choices and they all go well with [name]Henry[/name]. I picked [name]Eliza[/name], since I have a niece named [name]Eliza[/name] and I’m partial to the name. I think only theatre geeks (like me) would get the [name]Henry[/name]/[name]Eliza[/name] connection and then it would just be cool. I never even thought about the [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] connection until a fellow teacher pointed out to me that my kids were named [name]Caitlin[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] (for family reasons)…

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] is a good choice too. Middles for [name]Eliza[/name]:

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (I know the song, but it’s such a great combo)
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Eulalie[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Olwen[/name]

I would definitely veto [name]Eliza[/name]. It’s a great name by itself, but with a [name]Henry[/name] already in the family, it’s a bit much. [name]Daphne[/name] isn’t my favorite but I love that your two year old picked it out. Maybe you could use it as a MN? [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]? I love [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] though!

Wow! On the poll, looks like [name]Eliza[/name] is winning!

My favorite is definitely [name]Daphne[/name] and love that your son picked it out! However, I voted for
[name]Lucy[/name] only because I love [name]Beatrice[/name], I think it’s beautiful. Although you could do [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. Ok, that’s my favorite, [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. Least is [name]Eliza[/name]. Good luck and follow your heart.

Style-wise, I like [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] together, but I also love [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name].

I voted [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] ticks all the boxes.

[name]Daphne[/name] is my favorite name of these, objectively, but with [name]Henry[/name] and your provided information, I’d choose [name]Amelia[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]? That gets everyone’s favorite in there and it still goes beautifully with [name]Henry[/name].

I picked [name]Lucy[/name], with the close second going to [name]Amelia[/name]. I’m not too big on [name]Daphne[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] just seems sort of predictable and blah with [name]Henry[/name]. They go together well and they’re both nice names, but if someone told me they had a son named [name]Henry[/name] and a daughter my first guess would probably be that the girl’s name was [name]Eliza[/name], and I think that’s boring. It’s almost like they go together a little too well. But [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] go equally well without being as predictable.

Went to a dinner last night and tried out my baby names when everyone asked. I find this funny and it won’t affect my choice at all, but my mother in law told a couple of women in their 50s my names and they thought [name]Lucy[/name] was AWFUL. I didn’t hear it directly, but apparently they told her that it was a “hideous” name. And their reaction to [name]Eliza[/name]…"Oh, that’s different. Of course, with that “tone” everyone knows when someone says different with disapproval. Then again, they’re all used to names like [name]Mackenzie[/name] and [name]Addison[/name] around here.

That’s how I’d find my winner then. The one these ladies liked least. :wink:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name]. Spunky, cute, and age very well.

I like [name]Lucy[/name] best, although I think any of your choices sound just fine with [name]Henry[/name]. I think a lot women in their 50s and older find [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], etc. old-fashioned and surprising because when they were naming their kids, names like that were not back in style yet. They were still grandma names to them, so they aren’t getting the appeal.

I am a grandmother of 5 (in my 60’s) and I adore [name]Lucy[/name] and my best friend’s daughter is named [name]Lucy[/name]. I can assure you I have never considered [name]Lucy[/name] a grandma name. Grandma names for me are [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] and I am so pleased they are back, the [name]Addison[/name] type naming didn’t impress me at all.

[name]Don[/name]'t ask people if they like a name, just use the one you love,otherwise you will get too stressed by their reactions.

rollo :smiley:

I am a grandmother of 5 (in my 60’s) and I adore Lucy and my best friend’s daughter is named Lucy. I can assure you I have never considered Lucy a grandma name. Grandma names for me are Violet and Daphne and I am so pleased they are back, the Addison type naming didn’t impress me at all.

Good to know! I didn’t mean to label all the grandmas. I’m sure many grandparents also find [name]Addison[/name] type names very strange.