Struggling with Adrienne

Hey! I think most of you know by now how much I love the name [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f]. I would love to use it in the future but lately I’ve been struggling with it. I don’t know I still LOVE the name, so its not that. Please be honest do you think [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] goes with my other names (Bria [name_u]Saige[/name_u], [name_m]Lev[/name_m] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], and [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] Brooks). @Momofplenty brought up a really good point that is is [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] to masculine next to [name_f]Bria[/name_f] [name_u]Saige[/name_u]? Any thoughts would be helpful, thank you!

4 Likes

I can see [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] and [name_f]Bria[/name_f] together :slight_smile: they have an American, modern vibe that matches to me

3 Likes

[name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] isn’t masculine at all. I can’t see why you would think it’s masculine. [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] is clearly feminine

1 Like

I could see why it could be masculine, but that doesn’t really come across. And honestly, here’s what I have to say if names go together: use the names you love. At the end of the day, would you rather have a perfectly cohesive list of names that you like, or a less cohesive set of names that you adore?
And honestly, I think they go together lovely! It’s absolutely adorable. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I don’t think [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] is too masculine.

1 Like

I love it !! It’s perfect!

1 Like

Although I love [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] on a boy so much, [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] is okay and actually growing on me. [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] is quite obviously feminine.

1 Like

I think I just associate [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] to much with the boy version Adrian!! (because I have it on my list) and since [name_u]Jules[/name_u] is unisex the whole combo just feels masculine in my opinon :slight_smile: it’s still a very lovely combo though!!!

2 Likes

I don’t see [name_u]Jules[/name_u] as masculine at all but [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] having identical sounds to masculine [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] on a first name basis only sounds masculine next to [name_f]Bria[/name_f] especially is you’re not going to be going by [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] it rather by JJ. Now if they were called [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] (not saying you should just speaking hypothetically) then masculine wouldn’t come across to me at all.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Bria[/name_f] and [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] sound very good together and I love the combo of [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] [name_u]Jules[/name_u].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] goes better with Bri’s name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to be back just a random thought occurred… if you’re hesitant with [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] due to how it meshes with the sibset and it’s masculine feel have you considered similar names.

These all came to mind as matching the [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] feel while maybe sounding more feminine and possibly matching the sibset better:

[name_u]Adria[/name_u] - this would be my pick to go with [name_f]Bria[/name_f] and a possible [name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adrianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Avianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Audra[/name_f]

1 Like

I like [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] but I’ve just never been a fan of the name [name_u]Jules[/name_u]. [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] with the NN [name_f]Andie[/name_f] is really sweet. Perhaps it paired with [name_u]Jules[/name_u] gives it a unisex edge to it which might make it feel not very distinctly feminine?
[name_u]Andrea[/name_u] maybe?

1 Like