Struggling with Naming Baby #6!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all. Thank you so much for your help on our previous posts! Hubby and I have managed to narrow down our lists quite a bit, removing:

[name_m]Woody[/name_m] ([name_m]Toy[/name_m] [name_u]Story[/name_u] references), [name_m]Jacoby[/name_m] (don’t like the nn [name_m]Jack[/name_m]), [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] ([name_m]Osbourne[/name_m] references), [name_m]Benji[/name_m] (people questioning if it’s a nn for [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]), [name_u]Percy[/name_u], [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], [name_m]Radley[/name_m] and [name_m]Digby[/name_m]. [name_u]Rory[/name_u] (people questioning if it’s a nn for [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]), [name_f]Jovie[/name_f] ([name_m]Jon[/name_m] Bon references), [name_f]Eleri[/name_f] (people mispronouncing it [name_f]Elle[/name_f]-ery, instead of [name_f]Elle[/name_f]-air-ee), [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] (mouse references), [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] (the princess references and people mispronouncing it [name_m]Eugene[/name_m]-ee), [name_f]Peony[/name_f] (don’t like the nn Pee), [name_f]Edie[/name_f], [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] and [name_u]Georgie[/name_u].

Right now our top contenders are [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Posey[/name_f], [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] and [name_f]Honey[/name_f] for a girl and [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m], [name_m]Hardy[/name_m], [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] for a boy.

Which do you think fits with baby’s siblings better? The only middle names we’ve managed to agree on so far are [name_f]Hope[/name_f] and [name_u]Steele[/name_u] for a boy. Otter, [name_u]Silver[/name_u] and [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] for a girl. This will definitely be our last baby, so we really want to wrap the sibset up nicely. Thank you!

I really think [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] would work best with your other children’s names. It fits right in! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is unusual for a boy, but it flows well with [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]! Other middle name ideas:

[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_m]Pine[/name_m]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] Wilde
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_f]Sable[/name_f]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_m]Cove[/name_m]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_m]Stone[/name_m]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_u]Poe[/name_u]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]

I like [name_f]Honey[/name_f] and [name_f]Posey[/name_f] for a girl and [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] for a boy, best.

[name_f]Honey[/name_f] Otter is so charming! While [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_u]Silver[/name_u] and [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] are breathtaking. As for [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], I think something short would work best as a middle. [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_u]Steele[/name_u] is great!

[name_f]Posey[/name_f] and [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] work best with your other kiddos’ names, imo. I’ve never thought about using [name_f]Hope[/name_f] for a boy, but I quite like it! Not sure it works with [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] though. While [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] and [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] work perfectly, I’d worry people would assume they are girls. If you do choose [name_f]Hope[/name_f], I’d suggest using a more traditionally masculine first name. Good luck!

[name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f]? [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]? [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]? [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]? [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]? [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Doe[/name_f]? [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f]? [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]?
[name_m]Hardy[/name_m] [name_m]Pippin[/name_m]? [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] [name_m]Brecon[/name_m]? [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m]? [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] [name_u]Finch[/name_u]? [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] [name_m]Night[/name_m]? [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]? [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] [name_u]Onyx[/name_u]?

Another suggestion for you is [name_u]Ezri[/name_u] Otter or [name_m]Ziggy[/name_m] [name_u]Steele[/name_u]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Otter
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]/[name_f]Isis[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]

[name_f]Leonie[/name_f] [name_f]Cadence[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f] [name_u]Silver[/name_u]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f] [name_f]Brielle[/name_f]

[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_u]Steele[/name_u]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_m]Hart[/name_m]

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_u]Steele[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_u]Laken[/name_u]

[name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_m]Slade[/name_m] “[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]”
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_u]Cedar[/name_u]
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_m]Forest[/name_m]

If you don’t like the nickname [name_m]Jack[/name_m] for [name_m]Jacoby[/name_m] you could always have the nn [name_m]Jake[/name_m] or [name_m]Coby[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a thought.

[name_m]Hardy[/name_m] to me had a lot of potential bullying and I’m just not a fan of the way it flows with the middle names.

I think for a boy [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] fits in the best with your other children. [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_u]Steele[/name_u] is perfect!

I think [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] or [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] fits in best with your other children if it’s a girl. [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] Otter and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] are sweet and beautiful!

Other middles:
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Storm[/name_u]
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_u]Teal[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_u]Slate[/name_u] (love this one!)
[name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_u]Cyan[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_m]Striker[/name_m]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f] [name_m]Granite[/name_m]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_m]Rogue[/name_m]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u]
[name_f]Honey[/name_f] [name_u]Haven[/name_u]
[name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_u]Ever[/name_u]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f] [name_u]Harbor[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Leonie[/name_f], [name_f]Posey[/name_f], and [name_f]Honey[/name_f] - [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] is probably more wearable imo. [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] is lovely!

I like your boys names. Bohdi [name_u]Steele[/name_u] would be my choice. [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] is really my style but I do feel as though it could open up to ridicule, and neither [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] or [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] [name_u]Steele[/name_u] really work. I like [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] and [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] a lot but I prefer them on girls.

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is still my favorite for a girl. I definitely think it works perfectly with the older siblings’ names, but so would [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] and [name_f]Posey[/name_f]. [name_f]Honey[/name_f], for me, is such a pet name that it’s hard to see it aging well, tbh.

Of the boy options, I think [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] fits best with the other kids’ names. [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] feels maybe a little too trendy next to the rest, though it definitely could work. But [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] seem, to me, a little too soft next to [name_m]Xander[/name_m] and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]. [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] is strong and maintains that familiar-but-not-common vibe I get from the two brother names.

In sum, [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] get my votes! :smiley:

[name_m]Ah[/name_m]! We have similar tastes, I see. [name_f]Leonie[/name_f], [name_f]Posey[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] are some of my favourites. I don’t think you could go wrong with any of those. [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] is very nice too.

Favourites from your list:

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Eleri[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f]

[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_u]Steele[/name_u]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] Otter

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] and [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] [name_u]Silver[/name_u] both make for lovely girl options; [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] Otter has such a quirky cuteness to it, and I also think [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] [name_u]Silver[/name_u] could be very dashing and romantic? You have a beautiful sibset - all the best of luck!

Personally, I like [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] or [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] the best. I think your boy names thus far are strong but with a soft element, plus a letter that is a little less common in names (X in [name_m]Xander[/name_m], P in [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], and O in [name_u]Oakley[/name_u]). Considering your older boys’ middle names, both short and somewhat more traditionally masculine, I prefer the middle name [name_u]Steele[/name_u]. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is really cool for a boy, but I don’t think it goes as well with your other boy names. So, [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] [name_u]Steele[/name_u] is my vote!
I think [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] fits best with all your other girl names. [name_f]Maia[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], and [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] are all short, soft names, a little bit underused but not unheard of. I think your other options are beautiful, but [name_f]Posey[/name_f] is a little more on the common side, while [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] and [name_f]Honey[/name_f] are a little more uncommon than your other girl names. I think your current girl names also have a little touch of whimsical, like your daughters could be pretty little woodland creatures, and personally I think [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] fits well with that! My second choice would be [name_f]Honey[/name_f], but again, it’s just a little more out-there than the names of your other daughters! For a middle name, I think the three you like are all really cool, but to me they are longer and less simple than your older daughters’ middle names. I like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Silver[/name_u] the best. But here are some other ideas, in case you wanted some more suggestions:

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Jo[/name_u] (inspired by [name_f]Jovie[/name_f], which you decided you didn’t want for a first name)
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]

It might be important to note that I am American, so maybe my comments on names being more or less common don’t apply as much to the UK :slight_smile:
I hope this helps and I wish you luck on your decisions! No matter which name you choose, I am sure it will be lovely!!!