Stuck between Elowen or Evaleen

Really like both for varying reasons.
We started out dead set on [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], but along the way we found it was a bit too trendy/common for our preference. Eventually we came along what we felt was an excellent compromise- [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
It’s sounds classic and graceful despite being a “word name”, seems as though it would age well throughout life. Recently the hub’s stumbled on [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f], and though he still likes [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], his #1 choice is now [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f]. To me, it’s “ok” but I’m not in love with it. Its pretty, feels more feminine/frilly-like (than [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]), would probably age well, but to me looks a little bit made-up. A smoosh name. :-?

Input/Thoughts welcomed on both or either name welcomed. Due in less than a week with no name cemented :confused::o

Have you seen [name_f]Aveline[/name_f]? I think it’s [name_m]French[/name_m] and means hazelnut. It looks less made up to me than [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f], which puts me off that name.

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is lovely.

I like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. I agree that [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f] looks a little made up and is too close to popular [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u].

I prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] for the reasons listed by the other posters!

I do think [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] is a good alternative to [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f], which seems like a ‘try hard’ name to me.

I love [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], I think it’s absolutely beautiful. [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f] doesn’t do it for me.

I really like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - it has such a pleasant sound to it. [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f] doesn’t look appealing, though I do like the sound. [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] is a great alternative :slight_smile:

I also prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], it’s simply more elegant and beautiful to me!
However, if we had three options: [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f] and [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] then my favorite would be the sweet [name_f]Aveline[/name_f].

I agree with most of the other posters. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] seems like the clear winner!

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is lovely! [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f] looks too make up for my tastes. [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] or [name_f]Eveline[/name_f] (ev-uh-leen) would be the closest “real” name to [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f].

Agree with other posters that [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] wpuld be a good option over [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f]. (Heck you could even make it [name_f]Eveline[/name_f] and it would still look less made up than [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f].)

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is my favorite, it’s less frilly but it’s very graceful.

Both names will age well.

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is so much prettier than [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], such a graceful and evocative name. [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f] doesn’t appeal to me - I’d prefer the simpler [name_f]Eva[/name_f] or sweet [name_f]Evie[/name_f].

Definitely [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. I agree that [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f] looks like some sort of smoosh name, which doesn’t make it appetizing at all. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is whimsical and beautiful!

I love [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] and I just love it. I use ‘[name_f]Sara[/name_f]’ as a middle name for a character in my story named ‘[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]’. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]! But if he is set on [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f], maybe you could use [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] as the formal name and [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f] as a nickname?

I much prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f] is pretty, but I prefer [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], and I have a feeling it will be mistaken as [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] frequently. Maybe you would prefer [name_f]Evelina[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], or [name_f]Eliora[/name_f]?

Definitely prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] to [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f] for reasons stated by other posters; [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] is a pretty option. I’m not sure which I’d choose if I had [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] & [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] as my final two…

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is beautiful. I don’t care for [name_f]Evaleen[/name_f] as a name.

[name_f]Eveline[/name_f] could be an alternative spelling.

I much like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] and it seems like you’d both be happy with that name.

[name_f]Evaleen[/name_f] is prettier