Stuck between two boys names! Help!

Which name do you like better…

Oliver or Archer? And why?

Do you think they are both strong names? Is either one trendy, or will either sound dated in a few years?

Our 2 year olds name is Liam.

Thanks!

(Sorry, I’m new and don’t know how to link the names like I see others doing :slight_smile: )

[name]Oliver[/name] is an old name with a lot of history, depth and loads of spunk. [name]Archer[/name] is more of a trendy surname/occupational name which are so popular for both genders. I think both are fine with [name]Liam[/name] but I prefer [name]Oliver[/name].

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Archer[/name] would be adorable! I love [name]Oliver[/name], it’s so spunky! (and [name]Oliver[/name] Mellors in Lady Chatterley’s Lover is amazing…) [name]Both[/name] names are on my middle name list.

Thanks to you both. Whatever the first name, his middle name will be [name]Gray[/name], which is a family name (my mother’s maiden name.)

[name]How[/name] do you decide? My husband and I are really at a stalemate here.

Oh, [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Gray[/name] is very handsome and distinguished. Since [name]Archer[/name] is also a word, I don’t think I would pair it with another word like [name]Gray[/name].

I like both of your choices, but have really fallen for [name]Archer[/name] lately. It’s fresh and has a lot of character. [name]Archer[/name] [name]Gray[/name] is awesome!

[name]Oliver[/name] is a long standing favorite for me and [name]Archer[/name] is what my husband loves, and I also like. I am having such a hard time. I love the nicknames for both as well. [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Ollie[/name]. So sweet. So that just makes this even harder.

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Gray[/name]!!! Please oh please use this. Super Swoon!!! As pp already mentioned, [name]Oliver[/name] is much more classic and definitely won’t sound trendy or dated in a few years. [name]Archer[/name] won’t really either, I don’t think, but it’s much more on trend than [name]Oliver[/name], so you can’t really know.

BUT, you could just keep both in mind and see what your little one feels more like when he’s born. That’s really what it’s all about – what feels right. They’re both lovely, handsome names. And I love that you’re using a meaningful middle name. [name]Just[/name] great names all around.

[name]Liam[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] are perfect together but I much prefer [name]Archer[/name] as a first name. I think [name]Archer[/name] is the trendier of the two, as [name]Oliver[/name] to me is very classic. However, it’s use in the UK at the moment is just crazy and I’m dreading the next couple of years when all the [name]Oliver[/name]'s start school!!!

Thanks so much, you guys. I am glad that they are both sounding like really solid names in your opinions, as well. I totally agree about waiting until baby is born to name them, and that’s what we have done. He is two weeks old now and we can’t decide which fits! We also named [name]Liam[/name] the same way, but my husband knew instantly that he was [name]Liam[/name], which made it easy. [name]Oliver[/name] was one of our alternates for him also (we had 4 names on his list), [name]Archer[/name] is new this time around.

I like both but [name]Oliver[/name] will suit [name]Liam[/name] better.