Stuck between two names....

We have narrowed our list down to two names and need a little bit of help making a decision. The names are [name_m]Archer[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. My concern about [name_m]Archer[/name_m] is that it is too trendy and my concern about [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is that it is too popular. I would love to know what your thoughts are on these names.

Also, we need to decide on middle names. The current combinations we have going now are:

[name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] ([name_m]David[/name_m] is my step-father’s name)
[name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] ([name_m]Franklin[/name_m] was my grandfather’s middle name)
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] ([name_m]Scott[/name_m] was my dad’s name)

I am also looking for opinions on those combinations. For reference, our last name is two syllables and ends with “son”.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a side note, [name_m]Scott[/name_m] won’t work with [name_m]Archer[/name_m] because our last name starts with “S” and I don’t think he would appreciate those initials :slight_smile:

I adore both [name_m]Archer[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. I personally would choose [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] because it goes best with my son’s name and my other favorites. Which one goes best with your favorites, the names that really speak to you? Does one of these really jump out at you? Would you be more disappointed about not using one over the other? I cannot choose which middle name is best for you, it’s a personal decision when honoring is involved.

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is a beautiful name, though as you say awfully popular.

[name_m]Archer[/name_m] does not do much for me though I love [name_m]Archibald[/name_m], nn [name_m]Archie[/name_m].

But it’s a fine name, just not my preference.

I like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] or [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]!

[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] is a smart name! [name_m]Archer[/name_m] is trendy, perhaps, but it also feels fresher than some other occupation names (e.g., [name_u]Hunter[/name_u]) that have been popular for awhile. Both have good nickname options; [name_m]Archie[/name_m] makes [name_m]Archer[/name_m] feel less trendy and more traditional/vintage.

My faves would be [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] and [name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m].