Stuck for a 2nd girl name

We’re just starting to TTC #2 and I’m already driving myself crazy thinking of a name for next baby, especially if a girl. My first daughter was named a decade before she was born, well before I even met my dh. I mentioned the name to him early in pregnancy and he instantly loved it too, so she just always had a name: [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]). There are several names I love, but all have slight problems. Middle name will be [name_u]Adair[/name_u] and our last name is 2 syllables and starts with T.

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Lea[/name_f]) - ends with an “a” and middle name starts with “a”
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]- 3 2-syllable names, lacks flow
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u] (nn [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Lulu[/name_f])- initials E.A.T., mixed feelings about whether that matters
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]- 2-syllables again
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Bea[/name_f])- B.A.T.
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f])- E.A.T.
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f])- [name_m]Favorite[/name_m]!! but initials are R.A.T. :frowning:
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f])- 2-syllables, very popular

I’m not sure how big a deal any of the problems I’ve listed really are, or if it’s just me over thinking. I love solid, classic names that aren’t too common. Prefer 3+ syllables, with nicknames. Nods to Scandinavian heritage a plus. Want it to work well with dd#1’s name.

Help me Berries!

My first thought for you is [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. You still get [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] without Eat initials. I love most of the names on your list. I don’t think Eat or Rat is a deal breaker. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] are my favs with [name_f]Matilda[/name_f].

I love love love [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], and I really wouldn’t worry too much about initials, because how often to initials come into play anymore? The middle name won’t often come to light, so her initials in school will be B.T., or R.T. or whatever you choose! I adore [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and think [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is such a sweet nickname! :slight_smile: I also [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], but for some reason the nicknames [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and [name_f]Tillie[/name_f] just don’t mix for me.
Whatever you choose will be perfect for your little girl! :slight_smile: Good luck!

I really like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] too!

I’ve also thought about adding a second middle name to [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] to break up the initials, but that feels like a bit much.

My vote would be for [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u]. So beautiful! I don’t think the A’s run into each other too much, you just have to be careful to say both names seperately. Not make it into Linneadair. With [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] you don’t have the initial problems or the syllable problems/not a good flow. For what it’s worth I don’t think the initials E.A.T. are bad at all. R.A.T. on the other hand I am not fond of because I have a strong dislike for rats.
Adding another middle name for [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is a good idea, maybe a one syllable name if your concerned about it being too long. [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] T. [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] T. Etc.
All the best!

I like [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_u]Adair[/name_u]. Also I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u]!

I really like [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] with [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and don’t think you should worry too much about the initials!

What about [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_u]Penny[/name_u] or [name_f]Nellie[/name_f])
or [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] sounds beautiful too and I don’t think the a-a is an issue

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]!!!..

I like [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_u]Adair[/name_u]! I don’t think the EAT initials would be an issue, it’s a very pretty name and flows perfectly with [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. What about these?

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and…
[name_u]Andrea[/name_u] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] nn. [name_u]Andy[/name_u]
[name_f]Kiersten[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] nn. [name_f]Kiera[/name_f]/[name_f]KAT[/name_f] (initials :))
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] nn. [name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] nn. [name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_u]Julianne[/name_u] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] nn. [name_u]Julie[/name_u]/[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] nn. [name_u]Nat[/name_u] (same as initials :slight_smile: )

Funnily enough, I’ve always said that if we had a 3rd girl (I’m pretty sure we’re done at 2, however) I’d want [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] as a middle name as a nod to my [name_u]California[/name_u] roots :slight_smile: I really like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] too!

I have to agree, I think [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] T. has the best flow, though [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is a close second in that category. I’m so in love with [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] too though…Naming our first wasn’t hard at all, this is new territory for me lol

What about [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f]?