Stuck on 2 names - please help :)

[name]Hi[/name] all,

New here but wow, isn’t it cool to find other name obsessed peeps?

I am just about 10 weeks along with baby #2 but no matter how much I scour the web to come up with a “list” of names to consider, I am stuck on just two. No middle names either. [name]Just[/name] two little names.

Older brother is named “[name]Gustav[/name] [name]Ryder[/name]” but he goes by “[name]Ryder[/name].” [name]Gustav[/name] is his dad’s name (and grandpa, and great grandpa and gg grandpa and so on and so forth).

For a boy, I just can’t shake the name “[name]River[/name].” I just love love love it. To me, it sounds sensitive yet strong. Poetic yet rugged. And since older brother [name]Ryder[/name] is SUCH an active baby caveman just teaming with testosterone, I’d like to think that if baby #2 is a boy, this one will sit still in mommy’s lap a little.

For a girl, the only name I love that seems to fit is “[name]Willow[/name].” I have always loved this name. It sounds so feminine and makes me think of cool springtime breezes and lazy days spent skipping through meadows and stuff.

I have posted previously to other boards and the feedback for [name]River[/name] has been bad. Too matchy matchy to [name]Ryder[/name]. Everyone seems to like [name]Willow[/name] as a little sister to [name]Ryder[/name]. What do you think? [name]Don[/name]'t worry, my feelings won’t get hurt.

As for other suggestions, which I would [name]LOVE[/name] - both first and middles - I tend to be borderline hippy. Nothing traditional. Nature names are my favorites. Something totally off the wall that no one would have ever thought of but that is easy to pronounce, understand and spell.

Help?

THANKS!
[name]Al[/name]

I like [name]Willow[/name], but not much.

I think [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Ryder[/name] go well.

[name]Willow[/name] and [name]Ryder[/name] go well together. It is such a pretty name.
Personally, I like [name]River[/name] with [name]Ryder[/name]. It’s a little matchy, but there’s nothing wrong with that [name]IMO[/name].

[name]River[/name] & [name]Ryder[/name] are a little matchy-matchy, [name]Willow[/name] & [name]Ryder[/name] sounds awesome!
[name]Just[/name] because suggesting names can sometimes be a little obsessive-compulsive for me, I’m gonna have to suggest a few :wink:

Boys

[name]Rio[/name] (Spanish for river)
[name]Cosmo[/name]
[name]Ash[/name]
[name]West[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Forest[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]/[name]Jonas[/name]

Girls

[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Ember[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Echo[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Camellia[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Nova[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Snow[/name]
[name]Zola[/name]
[name]Zoa[/name]

:smiley:
Iz

If [name]Willow[/name] is the name you love for a girl, then why even look further. I think it sounds great with [name]Ryder[/name] and as long as your husband likes it too- then that’s easy.

I can see why people say that [name]River[/name] and [name]Ryder[/name] are too matchy. I would tend to feel that way too for my own sons, but if you love the name [name]River[/name] for it’s own sake and would regret it if you chose anything else, then maybe it’s the name to go with, despite the matchiness. The most important thing is that you choose a name that you love. Siblings have had matching names throughout history, and I think that the worst that will happen is some rolled eyes. Some people on this site act as if a child is going to be totally damaged by having a matching name- it’s just not that big a deal. I will warn though, that my whole family has the same first initial and my mom frequently got tongue tied while calling our names. It’s a minor thing, but something to consider in advance.

Well, I was about to type out my own reply, but sprout said exactly what I was going to! The only important part about a child’s name is that you love it. Of course, any teasing from other kids and condescending remarks from other adults are good to consider, but as long as a name makes you smile, it doesn’t matter.

I happen to adore [name]Willow[/name] with [name]Ryder[/name], and [name]River[/name] is sorta matchy, but if that’s what you love, go for it :smiley:

[name]River[/name] is a nice name but it is way to similar next to [name]Ryder[/name], sorry. [name]Willow[/name] would be perfect with [name]Ryder[/name] though.

Others:
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Dax[/name]
[name]Crane[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Easton[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Kian[/name]
[name]Leif[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Quill[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Forest[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]

Am I on the right track? [name]Do[/name] you like any of those?

For a boy, I just can’t shake the name “[name]River[/name].” I just love love love it. To me, it sounds sensitive yet strong. Poetic yet rugged. And since older brother [name]Ryder[/name] is SUCH an active baby caveman just teaming with testosterone, I’d like to think that if baby #2 is a boy, this one will sit still in mommy’s lap a little.

For a girl, the only name I love that seems to fit is “[name]Willow[/name].” I have always loved this name. It sounds so feminine and makes me think of cool springtime breezes and lazy days spent skipping through meadows and stuff.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Willow[/name]. [name]River[/name] is so cute, but too matchy with [name]Ryder[/name].

[name]Ryder[/name] and

[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Eamon[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Kenyon[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Niall[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] there, welcome to Nameberry! Yeah it is awesome finding others who share an obession with names isn’t it :smiley:
I love your names! [name]Ryder[/name] and [name]River[/name] are lovely together, and [name]Willow[/name] goes perfectly :smiley:
All the best, and enjoy the site.

Thank you everyone for your thoughtfulness and suggestions.

I love the name [name]Finn[/name] but it sure seems to be getting trendy.

We love the name [name]Rhett[/name] (or [name]Everett[/name] nn [name]Rhett[/name]) but it seems like one of those names that no one ever gets right the first time. “Rat?” “[name]Red[/name]?”

[name]Dax[/name], [name]Dex[/name] and [name]Jax[/name] sound cool but mean nothing. [name]Dexter[/name] killed [name]Dexter[/name] - pun intended.

[name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] are wicked cool names but DH nixed both.

Hubby told me this morning that I was placing too much importance in getting the right sibling set instead of focusing on names we love on their own.

So, for now, unless I am struck with any great revelations -

[name]River[/name] [name]Gage[/name] OR
[name]Willow[/name] Bean