Stuck on name for boy #2

[name]Hi[/name],
My husband and I are really having trouble deciding on a name for our second son, due in less than three months. We have a son named [name]Theodore[/name], nickname is [name]Teddy[/name]. Our last name is Eastern European and a bit of a mouthful, so we are trying to keep it simple, yet not boring. So far we can’t agree on much. We don’t have any family names that sound right or that we like, and we can’t use the letter T or P.

We are considering [name]Augustus[/name] ("[name]Gus[/name]"), but worry it is too trendy and too hard to say with the last name. We also like [name]Samuel[/name], which is very popular but is a classic.

Any other good names in the same vein? I keep coming back to [name]Edwin[/name] and [name]Fred[/name], then remember that our first son is [name]Ted[/name]! That obviously won’t work!

Any advice appreciated. The more I talk to friends and family the more confusing it gets.

Something classic but not terribly common, hmm, here’s a few Random suggestions that come to mind:

[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Francis[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]/[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]/[name]Leon[/name]/[name]Leonard[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Albert[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Laurence[/name]/[name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Judah[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Bruce[/name] (well, it’s a favorite of mine)
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Geoffrey[/name]
[name]Dorian[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Warren[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Stanley[/name] (I think [name]Stan[/name] is pretty cool!)
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Neil[/name]/[name]Niall[/name]
[name]Roland[/name]

Well, I hope that helped some! Good luck! :smiley:

um I really like the names [name]Logyn[/name] and [name]Connor[/name] and [name]Dakota[/name] for boys.Those are the best in my opinion.[name]Hope[/name] you son is named [name]Dakota[/name]

I love [name]Theodore[/name], Nameseeker, and [name]Teddy[/name] is my favorite nickname! :slight_smile:

If [name]Augustus[/name] doesn’t work with your last name, what about [name]August[/name] (I think [name]Lola[/name] mentioned it) or [name]Augustin[/name]? I can’t stand trendiness either, but to me, [name]Gus[/name] is still safe!
:slight_smile: I think [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Gus[/name] is fantastic!

Let’s see…Some more names that work with [name]Theodore[/name]:
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Chester[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] (which may be too popular for you)
[name]Stewart[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Samson[/name] (as a less popular alternative to [name]Samuel[/name])
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

I love [name]Lola[/name]'s suggestions of [name]Simon[/name], [name]Arthur[/name], and [name]Felix[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck, Nameseeker, and keep us posted! :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] about [name]Remington[/name], nn [name]Remi[/name]??

[name]Augustin[/name] is a good compromise and you could potentially use [name]Austen[/name] as a nickname.

Another suggestion could be [name]Auberon[/name]/[name]Oberon[/name] (the latter is from [name]Shakespeare[/name]'s Midsummer [name]Night[/name]'s [name]Dream[/name]) but I’m not sure of nicknames for this.

[name]Just[/name] thought of ‘[name]Ron[/name]’ as a potential nickname.