Stuck on name for twin

Hello Nameberry! I’ve been a reader for years and a name nerd but now that I’m expecting twins I’m feeling at a loss. One baby will be named [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] (middle name to be determined) but I’m stuck on our other girl! We like off beat old fashioned names and are trying to avoid explicitly Biblical names. Our last name is a word name that starts with an R and ends with an ‘er’ so we are also avoiding R names, names that end in ‘er,’ and word names ([name_f]Prudence[/name_f] breaks this rule, I know!).

The names that are currently on the table:

[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Marceline[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (we’d probably use [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] when she’s small)
[name_f]Prudence[/name_f]
[name_f]Millicent[/name_f]
Wilhelmina
[name_f]Winnifred[/name_f]

Any help is MUCH appreciated!!!

We like off beat old fashioned names and are trying to avoid explicitly Biblical names:
[name_m]How[/name_m] about… [name_f]Alma[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] sound darling together.
Of your choices, I might choose [name_f]Millicent[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] make a lovely pair!

I really like the nicknames [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] (I also like this as a full name) but I hesitate slightly with [name_f]Winnifred[/name_f] and [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f].

What do you think of [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]?

I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Marceline[/name_f]! I agree that [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] and [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] sound a bit too much beside [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], as well as [name_f]Millicent[/name_f]. I think you can get away with [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] ([name_u]Pepper[/name_u] is adorable!)!

From your list, I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Marceline[/name_f], and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] best.

I also love previous poster’s suggestion of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Alma[/name_f].

Some suggestions:

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] ([name_f]Luciana[/name_f]/[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] as a full name?)
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Ursula[/name_f]/[name_f]Ursuline[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Patience[/name_f] (I know this breaks your rule, but I think they go great together)
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]/[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Harriett[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Philomena[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Mary[/name_f] (not sure if this counts as “overly Biblical”)
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Tess[/name_f]/[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps! Congrats on the twins!

[name_f]Marceline[/name_f] nn “[name_f]Marcie[/name_f]” would be really cute. [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] is adorable too. What about:

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Annette[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Millicent[/name_f]!

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Letizia[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Marceline[/name_f]! [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] would be nice too.

From others’ suggestions, I like: [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Leonora[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]/[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and the rest of your name selections too, except for maybe [name_f]Marceline[/name_f]. I’ll just rank them since I think you already have a perfect twin combo somewhere in there. :slight_smile:

1. [name_f]Winnifred[/name_f] (my fave name too :slight_smile:
  2. [name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Prudence[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Millicent[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] - love the nickname [name_u]Pepper[/name_u]!

I think that [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] sound nice together! [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] would be a nice tribute to [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_m]Cleary[/name_m]'s books, and the girls might find it very special to read them. Of course, they could always despise them too but that’s a risk that one takes when naming children after literary (or otherwise) characters. Most of the names that have been suggested are nice, but I would also offer:

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] (might be a bit much but a little [name_f]Ettie[/name_f] or [name_f]Etta[/name_f] would be sweet)
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Adela[/name_f]

I’m loving [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], and also [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Coraline[/name_f]. Big fan of [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] as well! I personally adore [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] but would probably end up using the nickname Sephy for myself. [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] is so cute though!

Some more potential suggestions:

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Matilde[/name_f]/a
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] (I think this has been suggested lots already, but it’s so so gorgeous!)
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] (like the [name_u]Neil[/name_u] Gaiman book character!)
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]/[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Serafina[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Mildred[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]

sorry if none of these are helpful! Your name suggestions are already beautiful.

I love [name_f]Millicent[/name_f], such a beautiful underused name!
It works great with [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]!

[name_f]Coraline[/name_f] and [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] are my favourites. I think [name_f]Marcey[/name_f]/[name_f]Marcie[/name_f] is a cute nn for [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] and [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] is pretty yet spunky. With [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] though I would be worried about mispronunciation and spelling as well as association with the book and movie of the same name.

Old fashioned names I like:

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is a gorgeous name (it’s in my top 3)
Of your choices I like (in no particular order)
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Marceline[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]

Names on my list that I have to go with [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] (sorry for any repeats):

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]/ [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f]/ [name_f]Adelind[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie/name_f

( I also have [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] but was worried about the R and ‘ra’ sound!)

Other possibilities
[name_f]Gwendoline[/name_f]/ [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]/ [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]

Good luck on finding a name and congratulations on twins!

I like [name_f]Marceline[/name_f], [name_f]Millicent[/name_f], and [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] as a twin to [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] are my favorite. I especially love the nickname [name_u]Pepper[/name_u]. What nicknames were you planning on using for [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]? If you like [name_f]Bea[/name_f] or [name_f]Trixie[/name_f], I think they both sound adorable with [name_u]Pepper[/name_u]. [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] is also very sweet. It shares a vintage feeling with [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and doesn’t overpower the name.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] /[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] @thatonegirl, [name_f]Millicent[/name_f], perhaps [name_f]Melisande[/name_f]? @jtay07 -[name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Suzannah[/name_f] ([name_f]Zanna[/name_f])& [name_f]Gwendoline[/name_f];
@foreverharriet- [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] + [name_f]Cicely[/name_f],/[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] or [name_f]Cecile[/name_f],(mine also) and
@ ailbereth – [name_f]Camilla[/name_f].
These are my favorites , and [name_f]Arabella[/name_f].
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] I adore. [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] - is something else - wow, but for me [ very personal] –think [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] it is less compatible with [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].
Best wishes

I love [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] is an adorable nickname!

Other ideas:

[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorna[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]! From your list, I like [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and [name_f]Millicent[/name_f]. [name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]