Stuck on names for #4

I’ve been looking at this site for about a month now and thought it was time to make my own post!
I already have three beautiful daughters, Rasa [name]Violet[/name], [name]Katya[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Idys[/name] [name]Rose[/name], and I’m expecting a fourth in late February. We have decided to keep the gender a surprise!
With the three girls, names we agreed on just seemed to come to us, but this time we are a bit stuck!
Our only must is a flower middle name if it is a girl and we would prefer not to repeat a first initial. We want something that fits with the other childrens names and makes the set sound complete.
A few names we are considering are:
[name]Anthea[/name]
[name]Hana[/name]
[name]Sakura[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]

[name]Ole[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Olin[/name]
[name]Lorne[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]

From what I have seen the people on this site are amazing at giving naming advice and I’d love for you to share some with me :slight_smile:
Thankyou so much in advance!

[name]Hi[/name] and welcome here are a few ideas

Siblings Rasa [name]Violet[/name], [name]Katya[/name] [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Idys[/name] [name]Rose[/name],

[name]Ole[/name] I would choose [name]Paul[/name] [name]Olaf[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Milo[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Otto[/name] Prefer [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Don[/name]'t like so I would substitute [name]Brennan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Olin[/name] This reminds me of [name]Calvin[/name], so I would choose [name]Calvin[/name] [name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Lorne[/name] In keeping with the nature theme I would put [name]Lorne[/name] in the mn spot eg [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Lorne[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Lorne[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] A smart,spunky name, [name]Felix[/name] [name]Antoine[/name]

More suggestions
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Axel[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]

And the girls
siblings Rasa [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Katya[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Idys[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

and

[name]Aisha[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]
[name]Samara[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Esther[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Sabina[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Anthea[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Hannelore[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] or [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Hannelore[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps

[name]Rollo[/name],
Thankyou for your opinions.
I like your suggestions of [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Calvin[/name], [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name]. Especially [name]Oscar[/name]! (We seen to like the letter O!)
I also love your idea of putting [name]Lorne[/name] in the middle spot, I hadn’t thought of that!
From your girl suggestions I love [name]Aisha[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name], [name]Samara[/name] [name]Fern[/name], [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Azalea[/name], [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name].
Thankyou so much!

Of your choices, I like [name]Hana[/name] best with your other girls, I think [name]Hana[/name] [name]Amaryllis[/name] or [name]Hana[/name] [name]Peony[/name] a lot. Other name thoughts:
[name]Astrid[/name] ([name]Dahlia[/name], [name]Petunia[/name], [name]Ivy[/name])
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Pia[/name]
Solvig
[name]Treva[/name]

I love [name]Olin[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] with your girls. I also agree with [name]Rollo[/name] that [name]Lorne[/name] in the middle is great: [name]Felix[/name] [name]Lorne[/name] or [name]Olin[/name] [name]Felix[/name]. Putting [name]Felix[/name] in the middle is nice, it is giving him a happy frame of mind! Other ideas:

[name]Aric[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Brant[/name]
Elim
[name]Laban[/name]
[name]Sven[/name]
[name]Thane[/name]

GL!
T

I am so happy to hear that I helped you; there were some beautiful names on the list. I think that my two favourite combos are [name]Aisha[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] and [name]Samara[/name] [name]Fern[/name]. I really love [name]Aisha[/name] it is such a sweet name and [name]Bluebell[/name] is sweet and lovely and a beautiful flower, and I think that this combo works beautifully with your other girls.

And for the boys maybe an [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Lorne[/name] is on the horizon?

Keep posting till you find the combo that fits.

All the best,

rollo

tarat3232,
Thankyou for your help.
i really like [name]Hana[/name] as well, I did see on another post the name [name]Hania[/name], which I’m starting to like almost more I think.

Of your auggestions I really like [name]Lyra[/name], [name]Arlo[/name] and [name]Aric[/name].

I can’t believe how many names there are out there!! We were really lucky with the other girls, Rasa is named after my husbands grandmother, [name]Katya[/name] after my aunt [name]Katherine[/name], and [name]Idys[/name] was a name my husband has loved for years, so we never really did a big search for their names.

Though we are still stuck with boys names, I think we are leaning towards [name]Aisha[/name] or [name]Hana[/name]/[name]Hanna[/name]/[name]Hania[/name] for a girl… though I really love [name]Lyra[/name], [name]Anthea[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name] as well!
So we are still on the look out for names… any further help would be much appriciated :slight_smile:

gemmama you are making my heart sing by saying you like [name]Aisha[/name] so much.

Here are a few boys names

Aled
[name]Vaughan[/name]
[name]Lake[/name]
[name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Ivan[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Tomas[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Keon[/name]
[name]Darian[/name]
[name]Kiefer[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Leon[/name]
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Alessandro[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
Khan

I love [name]Aisha[/name], it just sounds so pretty! I also love how it’s uncommon without being unheard of. My only worry is the “a” ending the same as 2 of the other three girls.

[name]Rollo[/name], of the boys names you suggested I really like Aled, [name]Vaughan[/name], [name]Lake[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Tomas[/name], [name]Lucas[/name] and [name]Orion[/name]. Especially [name]Vaughan[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name]!
[name]Do[/name] you think it is alright having a long boys name with the short girls names?

Thankyou so much for the help so far!

New postby gemmama ” [name]Sun[/name] Sep 19, 2010 4:16 am
I love [name]Aisha[/name], it just sounds so pretty! I also love how it’s uncommon without being unheard of. My only worry is the “a” ending the same as 2 of the other three girls.

[name]Rollo[/name], of the boys names you suggested I really like Aled, [name]Vaughan[/name], [name]Lake[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Tomas[/name], [name]Lucas[/name] and [name]Orion[/name]. Especially [name]Vaughan[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name]!
[name]Do[/name] you think it is alright having a long boys name with the short girls names?

Hello gemmama

I think it has been traditional in so many countries for girl’s names to always end in the letter ‘a’, so I think that it is a great idea to have another daughter whose name ends in an ‘a’. I am not sure if you are worried about your daughter [name]Idys[/name] because her name doesn’tend in an ‘a’ but I think she will always feel special because it is a name that means so much to her father and she will love that.

I think it is preferable (only my opinion though) for all the siblings to have similar length names.However, choosing a name you really love would be the first priority imo.

Now I just love the name [name]Vaughan[/name] and you could spell it as [name]Vaughn[/name] if you wish to shorten it. This name has been on my favourite list for a long time and it fits your brief of wanting a name that is uncommon and yet not unheard of, handsome and likeable but not one to become so common that your child will become one of many at school.

Pleased that you like some of the boy’s names as mentioned so I am sure that you could make some good combos from the list.

I eally love [name]Aisha[/name], but I’m still concerned that it just doesn’t flow with the other girls names!
Are there any similar names that flow better?

As for boys, I’m loving the name [name]Oscar[/name] at the moment! Any thoughts?

I love [name]Vaughan[/name], especially as it is actually my best friend’s last name, and I’d love to honor her in my son’s name! I guess the only issue is middle names, [name]Lorne[/name] obviously wouldn’t work with [name]Vaughan[/name]!

I love [name]Oscar[/name] with your girls names. What about [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Vaughn[/name]?

Some you might like:
[name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Adora[/name]
[name]Amira[/name]
[name]Alaia[/name]
Alara
[name]Ariela[/name]
[name]Aziza[/name]
[name]Avia[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Audra[/name]
Asrta
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Amalia[/name]
Alora

I agree with the previous poster… I love [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Vaughan[/name]!

Are you pronouncing [name]Aisha[/name] “eye-ee-sha” or “ay-sha”? - I personally prefer it the second way, and I think it flows better with your other girls names that way.

Are you pronouncing [name]Aisha[/name] “eye-ee-sha” or “ay-sha”? - I personally prefer it the second way, and I think it flows better with your other girls names that way.

[name]Aisha[/name] is pronounced Eye (Ai) as in [name]Isla[/name] and Sha (sha) simple really and very beautiful.

Big news!!!
We gave in at the last ultrasound and asked what the sex of the baby is… its most likely a BOY!!!
As excited as I am to be having my first son, I’m a bit upset about letting go of [name]Aisha[/name] :frowning:

So now the hunt is on for the perfect baby boy name!!

[name]Just[/name] a note: I have started a new thread in the Boy Names forum, but comments on this thread are still welcome :slight_smile: