Subtle Earth/Fire names for Girls

When I say subtle, I mean like the most tenuous link you can find – for the main character of this story, the name ‘Molly’ was chosen because a) it was the first one to come to mind and b) according to this site it’s a diminutive of ‘Mary’ which can mean ‘drop of the sea’.

Anyway, [name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_f]Tarren[/name_f] is fourteen and has a bit of a habit of nearly-but-not-quite drowning on her birthday every year. Not like anyone in her family is, well, responsible. It takes six years of this happening for anyone to suggest trying something to stop it, and the idea works… for two years.

Now, [name_f]Molly[/name_f] is an older twin, and as I’ve said her name just about links to water if you squint. I’d like her twin sister’s name to be kinda similar in that way, but I’ve not decided whether fire or earth is better for the meaning. Probably earth although fire is the more obvious choice… eh.

Anyway, any suggestions are welcome!

[name_f]Earth[/name_f]:
[name_f]Tara[/name_f] - maybe too obvious though?
[name_u]Everest[/name_u] - because of the mountain
[name_u]Montana[/name_u]
Any gemstone name like [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_u]Jade[/name_u]

[name_u]Fire[/name_u]:
[name_f]Star[/name_f] or [name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] or [name_u]Sol[/name_u] - meaning sun
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f], or any name that can be nicknamed [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_u]Ashton[/name_u], [name_u]Asher[/name_u], [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f], etc.
[name_u]Ember[/name_u] - maybe too obvious?

WDYT of Sa(p)phira?

Some of these are probably a bit more obvious than you wanted, but here are some suggestions:

[name_f]Earth[/name_f]:
[name_f]Glenna[/name_f] and [name_f]Glenda[/name_f] are connected to the word [name_u]Glen[/name_u].
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] means “Meadow”
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u] means “Heather Field”
[name_f]Petra[/name_f] is taken from the masculine name [name_m]Peter[/name_m], which in turn is derived from the Greek word [name_m]Petros[/name_m], which means “Stone/Rock”
[name_u]Sierra[/name_u], after the mountains.
[name_f]Tula[/name_f] or [name_f]Toula[/name_f] can mean “Mountain Peak”
[name_f]Sana[/name_f] also means “Mountain Peak”
[name_f]Chantal[/name_f] can mean “Stone/Boulder”

[name_u]Fire[/name_u]:
[name_u]Nuri[/name_u] mean [name_u]Light[/name_u], which is not quite fire, but maybe?
[name_f]Alena[/name_f], [name_f]Elaine[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], and several other variants are forms of [name_f]Helena[/name_f], which is a form of [name_f]Helen[/name_f], which might possibly mean torch, if you are going for really tenuous.
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] was the Irish goddess of fire.
[name_f]Candelaria[/name_f] or [name_f]Candela[/name_f] are derived from Candle.
[name_f]Iskra[/name_f] is derived from the [name_u]South[/name_u] Slavic word that means “Spark”
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is derived from the biblical seraphim, which means “Fiery Ones” and are a type of [name_u]Angel[/name_u].
[name_f]Hestia[/name_f] was the Greek goddess of the hearth and means “Hearth/Fireside”
[name_f]Vesta[/name_f] is basically the same as [name_f]Hestia[/name_f], only [name_m]Roman[/name_m].
[name_f]Aelia[/name_f] is derived from the masculine Aelius, which is possibly derived from the Greek word meaning “Sun”
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]?
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] means roughly “Gift of the Sun” which would be cool! Plus the possible nickname [name_u]Sunny[/name_u].
[name_f]Tesni[/name_f] is a Welsh name, meaning “Warmth from the Sun”
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]?

And it probably wouldn’t work for the character, but while researching this, I came across someone comparing [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] to the Spanish phrase “Mar y sol,” meaning “Sea and Sun.” There is no etymological connection, but I thought that was cool, considering the twins might represent Water and [name_u]Fire[/name_u]!

Good luck naming!

[name_f]Ellen[/name_f], form of [name_f]Helen[/name_f] meaning torch