Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice

Like the title says, here are some sweet girl names. Familiar and classic/vintage. I’ll probably use them as “filler” names in my stories, like, this will be a name bank to name minor characters.

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Ada [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

10 Likes

My favorites are: [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]! :grin:

2 Likes

Clara [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] Charlotte - elegant and beautiful!

Matilda June - strong and sweet

Sylvie Harriet - sleek and pretty

Annie Lavender -gentle and lovely

Mary Flora - fresh and classic at the same time

Laura Winifred -quite nice

Josephine Pearl - sophisticated and lovely

Tessa Marigold -joyful and sweet

Nell Florence -I adore this. Quirky and cute

Clara Estelle -bright and lovely

Elisabeth Jane -simple and pretty

Dorothy Mabel - warm and cosy

Eve Rosalind -strong and sleek

1 Like

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts-

Ada [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]-Very sweet. Simple, vintage, kind homey, but w/a little bit of glamour.

Matilda [name_u]June[/name_u]-It’s not bad. I’m not huge on [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], because I find it just a bit clunky. But I can see the appeal of it, & it’s a good pair w/the lovely smart simple [name_u]June[/name_u].

Sylvie [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]-This combo has a nice flow. I prefer [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is a little heavy for my taste, but good in the mn spot.

Annie [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]-I also prefer [name_f]Annie[/name_f] as a nn. [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is a bit much, but good as a mn.

Mary [name_f]Flora[/name_f]-Both names are good, but it’s a little choppy.

Laura [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]-Neither name is quite my cup of tea, but they’re both good solid homey names.

Josephine [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]-[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! So old fashioned, charming & glamorous.

Tessa [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]-That’s cute. I usually see [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] as a little smart yet sporty, but the [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] part is fun & unexpected.

Nell [name_f]Florence[/name_f]-Meh, it’s not my style, but fine. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a little stuffy.

Clara [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]-Ooh, pretty. Smart, simple, elegant, classic.

Elisabeth [name_f]Jane[/name_f]-Another smart, kind, homey simple classic.

Dorothy [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]-So sweet & charming. I’d also love [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f].

Eve [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]-[name_f]Lovely[/name_f], classic & elegant.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f], and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. But I love all of them so much, they’re absolutely gorgeous. I’m getting back on the [name_f]Tess/name_f train now, I forgot how beautiful the name is.

1 Like

My favourites are…
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

1 Like

Great combos! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are…

Annie [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

1 Like

Beautiful! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite combo is [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f].

1 Like

Ada Charlotte - Elegant and classic
Matilda June - A nice balance of formal and spunky
Sylvie Harriet - Same as Matlida [name_u]June[/name_u]
Annie Lavender - Flows really well, but maybe [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is better off as a nn for [name_f]Anna[/name_f] or [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
Mary Flora - I love this!
Laura Winifred - A little dated sounding, but I feel like I can assume that the story doesn’t take place in the present from the other names
Josephine Pearl - This is too gorgeous!
Tessa Marigold - Feels a little more modern than the others, but I love it
Nell Florence - It has a nice feel to it, but I don’t particulary like either name.
Clara Estelle - A bit hard for me to say, It doesn’t flow as well as the others.
Elisabeth Jane - So pretty and classic
Dorothy Mabel - Sweet and vintage. I love this one!
Eve Rosalind - Nice balance of short and long.

1 Like

These are beautiful. I’d switch some up, like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] instead. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f].

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Laura[/name_f] and [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] is a nice middle name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: [name_f]Laura[/name_f] is a classic — [name_f]Laura[/name_f] stretches back to Ancient [name_u]Rome[/name_u], but it had a massive spike in the 60s, so to some it seems dated as a result. To me, it fits perfectly since [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ingalls [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] is never far from our minds! steps off soap box

All of your names are delightfully vintage and classic!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

1 Like