Suggest more names for my list?

We will be TTCing in 2-3mo and I’ve been thinking about my list. I’m having a hard time finding a name I love as much as my DD’s ([name_f]Nina[/name_f]).

My current fav is [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] but said Dah-lee-ahh not Dawl-yah. DH thinks it’s a stripper name. ??? But he’s coming around…

His current fav is [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] with the mn [name_f]Faye[/name_f]. [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] is my grandma’s mn. [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is after [name_f]Faye[/name_f] Dunaway.

The other names on my list are:
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Louise[/name_f] (but I hate Weezy!)
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] or [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cat[/name_f] or [name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] (not sure I want two N names)
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (do I have the guts?)

DH hates names that are obviously derived from male names like [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], both names I like.

I asked a few weeks ago for names that go with [name_f]Nina[/name_f] and you all came back with [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] which I like but he didn’t.

I feel like there’s a name out there…just haven’t found it. Help?

My grandmother’s name is [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] too. She went by [name_f]Dot[/name_f], which I’ve always thought is a cute way to modernize it.

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]-- really like this but it has such a different feel (for me) from [name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Louise[/name_f]- like this as a middle
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] or [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cat[/name_f] or [name_u]Kit[/name_u]-- like [name_u]Kit[/name_u] or [name_f]Cat[/name_f] with [name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] (not sure I want two N names)-- not a fan. Very different in tone from [name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (do I have the guts?)- I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] this name but don’t think it matches [name_f]Nina[/name_f]

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (Loo-sha)
[name_f]Lara[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Liza[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Tara[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Leda[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Nina[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] ( [name_f]Cat[/name_f]/[name_u]Kit[/name_u]) is an excellent choice.

Suggestions:
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is the standout here-- [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] are too frumpy next to lovely [name_f]Nina[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is gorgeous but too out-there compared to [name_f]Nina[/name_f], and while [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] is lovely, repeating first initials bother me, too. I’d keep working to get your DH to agree to [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]! I pronounce it the way you like (I’m on the west coast but from the east.) [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] would be gorgeous.

I also like [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]/[name_u]Kit[/name_u] and [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. I don’t think Weezy is inevitable-- you could use [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_u]Lou[/name_u], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]… or just correct people and insist on [name_f]Louise[/name_f].

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] and [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] make perfect combo! Wonderful idea! I like it much more than any other name from your list. What about…
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like any of these?
[name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_f]Josefina[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Dawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like any of these combinations?
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] Ophelia__Ophelia Natalie__Josefina Dorothy__Camille Faye__Dominique Faye__

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] & [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] would be adorable!

[name_f]Gwen[/name_f], thanks for that explanation, I think you hit the nail on the head.

I do like [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Calla[/name_f], and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] but I didn’t want it to be so rhymey-sounding with [name_f]Nina[/name_f].

I asked her to say the names aloud today and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] is out, too frumpy. [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is out bc my poor girl says T instead of K. :-/

I do like [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] as well, I will run that by my H. :slight_smile: Thank you for the suggestions. I’m reading other posts to find your suggestions to others and also all your signatures!