Suggestions based on our list please! We can't decide!

Hello everyone!
My husband and I are currently expecting our first and we just found out it’s a boy! We have a list of possible names but we can’t agree on one and none of them seem like “the one” yet. I’m hoping to get some suggestions for new names based on our list and/or opinions on our current options.

So far we have: [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Walter[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Neil[/name_u].

The middle name will be either [name_m]Raymond[/name_m] or [name_m]George[/name_m] and our last name is Swedish and similar to [name_f]England[/name_f] (same first sound and number of syllables).

I have a “unique” name that my mom completely made up and I HATE it. Nobody can ever say it (even though it’s pretty simple) until I tell them how. I used to get called by my last name a lot. I really want to make sure that this kiddo has a name that’s easy to say/spell/read and that is an actual name. It doesn’t have to be a super popular name (in fact, I’d prefer it not be top 10), but it has to be an actual name (for example, one of our girl name possibilities was [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] - a little odd, but an actual name).

Thanks!!

Some combos from your list:

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Raymond[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]George[/name_m] ([name_u]Gus[/name_u] would be a very cute nn!)
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Raymond[/name_m]

Some other ideas:

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Bernard[/name_m]
[name_m]Alvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Karl[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaine[/name_u]
[name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Gregor[/name_m]/[name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]

What about:

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Quentin[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]/[name_u]Reed[/name_u]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]

[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_u]Neil[/name_u] [name_m]Raymond[/name_m]

I like the other names you have listed, but I think they are too common for what you are asking.

I’m gonna recommend
[name_m]Ward[/name_m] [name_m]Raymond[/name_m]
[name_m]Rigby[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Bauer[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] - This name was in my top 10 a few years ago, but somewhere along the way the magic wore off. Still like it though. I don’t think it’s too common, and it works on every age. I vote yes for this one!

[name_m]Walter[/name_m] - Can only imagine it on an old man and feels clunky to me. Not a huge fan, sorry!

[name_u]August[/name_u] - This name is growing on me more and more as time goes by. It’s classic but not too popular, so I say yes!

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] - I like it but it doesn’t stand out to me.

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] - Super cute, but too popular for my taste.

[name_u]Neil[/name_u] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name but prefer the spelling [name_u]Neal[/name_u].

Based on what you have, I really like [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u]. That would be my top choice for you. I also think [name_m]Raymond[/name_m] goes well with any of your first name choices, and I like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] as a second suggestion.

Other suggestions:
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Abbott[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Bowen[/name_m]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u] [name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_u]Neil[/name_u] [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Asher[/name_m]

From your current list, if you used the nicknames [name_m]Walt[/name_m] or [name_m]Hank[/name_m] (for [name_m]Walter[/name_m] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m]) you’d have interesting matches if you later have a girl named [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]. So [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Raymond[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] would be my recommendations from your current picks.

It sounds like you like some of the edgy-classics: classic names that are half-step outside the most popular. Would you like a [name_m]Fitz[/name_m] name, like [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m], [name_m]Fitzwilliam[/name_m], or Fitzarthur? They’d all lend themselves to two automatic nicknames ([name_m]Fitz[/name_m] + other name). [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] might match your style on its own. [name_u]Madigan[/name_u] might be an interesting reach.

In addition, here are a few “dapper” names I found from the 20’s that might be worth considering:
[name_m]Boyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Edison[/name_m]
[name_m]Frank[/name_m]
[name_m]Hardy[/name_m]
[name_m]Kermit[/name_m]
[name_m]Warner[/name_m]