Suggestions for #3

Hi name-lovers,
We need help to name future #3. We already have a [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f]) and a [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Tom[/name_m]).
[name_f]Millicent[/name_f], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and… ???

1 Like

Florence
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]/Gwendolen
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]

Hugo
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ned[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]

2 Likes

Matilda
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Christiana[/name_f]

Barnaby
[name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_u]Christian[/name_u]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

1 Like

Alexandra or [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

1 Like

Henry
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]
[name_m]Raymond[/name_m]
[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_m]Eugene[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Bernard[/name_m]
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_m]Hubert[/name_m]

Mary
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestine[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eunice[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Philomena[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

1 Like

How charming are [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] “[name_f]Millie[/name_f]” & [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] “[name_m]Tom[/name_m]” together! I. Am. In. [name_u]Love[/name_u].

I second every single one of @cactusgram’s suggestions, and I’d add these:
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]/Louisa
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] ([name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_m]Tom[/name_m], & [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]! <3)

Albert
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]

1 Like

Hi there.

Millicent & [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] are smart & classy.

Sorry for any repeats, but how about…

Girls-

Aurelia

Antonia

Anita

Audrey

Bianca

Clementine

Cornelia

Eleanora

Eloise

Felicity

Gwendolen

Gwyneth

Harriet

Imogen

Lucienne

Penelope

Theodora

Boys-

Adrian

Arthur

Albert

Barnaby

Edward

Edwin

Edgar

Harrison

Jerome

Louis

Oliver

Oscar

Peter

Sebastian

Theodore

Winston

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Winifred
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

Arthur
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_u]Christian[/name_u]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Florence[/name_f]! But I think it sounds a bit ‘rhymy’ next to [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] :pensive: [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is nice though, [name_f]Edie[/name_f] would be a cute nickname

1 Like

Also [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is on our boy list! I like [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] too. Thank you.

Thanks. [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is on my list. I love [name_m]Walter[/name_m] for a boy but hubby has vetoed!

I like the nickname [name_f]Aggie[/name_f] but not sold on [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]… hmmm. [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] with nn. [name_m]Nate[/name_m] is cool, but my nephew is [name_u]Tate[/name_u] so might be confusing. Thanks for your suggestions though!

I love nearly all these boy names, [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Hugh[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and [name_m]Robert[/name_m] were all considered when we named our first son but have been used by friends/family or don’t go well with our last name :pensive: [name_u]Love[/name_u] lots of your girl suggestions too. Great taste! Some of my favs here also don’t work for various reasons. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is one of our top contenders at the moment but the fact it is so common here atm (Australia) makes me unsure…

1 Like

I also love most of your boy names. Great taste! [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], nn. [name_m]Ned[/name_m] is a favourite! I worry about people calling him [name_m]Ed[/name_m]/Eddie though… not that we don’t like that name, but close friends of ours had a little [name_m]Edward[/name_m], nn. [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] who sadly passed. So I don’t want to be insensitive / cause any distress to them and their little [name_m]Eddie[/name_m]’s memory :pensive:

1 Like

Thank you! And thanks for your suggestions. We actually live in the city of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] in Australia so might have to rule that one out. Lol (otherwise it’s cute). I LOVE [name_f]Philippa[/name_f], nn. [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]. It was on our list for when [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] was born, but for some reason it’s slipped down the list a bit for me now. LOVE your boys names. [name_u]George[/name_u] is our top contender for a boy at the moment, but still not 100% sure! I also love [name_m]Walter[/name_m] but hubby does not. lol

1 Like

Oooo thank you. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is so cute and hasn’t come up before. Lots of cute nn options too. It’s kind of a different ‘era’ to [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] though but maybe it still works? [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is lovely, as is [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. I LOVE LOVE [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] but it really can’t work with our last name unfortunately. Your boy suggestion are lovely too but none ‘jump’ out to be at the present moment.

Thank you! I love [name_f]Florence[/name_f] but worry it’s a bit too ‘rhymy’ next to [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] are definitely on the boys list now though. [name_u]Love[/name_u].

Hello from Australia. Your list sounds great as is. I can see so many of your options with your set, especially [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] and [name_u]George[/name_u]. Based off the style of [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], I’m looking at traditional names and those with a scholarly or dignified flair for inspiration for your future third.

I notice the ‘ed’ sound features in both [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. So similar to [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] and [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]. You might also be interested in [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] which carries the ‘ed’ sound as well as the ‘w’ and ‘l’ sounds in [name_m]Walter[/name_m]. Along the lines of [name_m]Walter[/name_m] is [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] or perhaps you would like the zappy sound of [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] reminds me of [name_m]Hector[/name_m] “[name_m]Huck[/name_m]” and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] reminds me of [name_m]Everard[/name_m], [name_m]Preston[/name_m], [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] and [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] all with that buttoned up feel. [name_u]George[/name_u] is similar to your son’s middle name [name_m]Gordon[/name_m], but these both lead me to another great ‘G’ name you don’t hear very often–[name_m]Geoffrey[/name_m]. Lastly, [name_m]Geoffrey[/name_m] makes me think of the handsome and underused [name_u]Douglas[/name_u].

It looks like you enjoy names with strong or chewy consonants. For this reason, I wonder if you would like [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]. There’s a six year old [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] at the school I work at, it struck me as a very charming option for a child today–I wonder if that holds any appeal for you. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] reminds me of classic [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. I think you’re right that [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is close in sound to [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] however an alternative to that is [name_f]Flora[/name_f], which resolves that problem. If you like that, you might like [name_f]Vera[/name_f]. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] lead me to [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] or even [name_f]Georgette[/name_f]. The ‘p’ at the end of [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] brings to mind the sleek and effortless [name_f]Hope[/name_f]. Finally [name_f]Edith[/name_f] gets me to the evergreen [name_f]Esther[/name_f], and mighty [name_f]Ruth[/name_f].

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for this wonderful, well-thought out response! It’s great to see the chain of thought behind your suggestions.
And you’ve definitely given me some new names to add to the potential names list! For boys I’m still quite set on [name_u]George[/name_u] or [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], but [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] is now on the list too. Very cute and uncommon these days.
The girls is where we’re having more problems finding names we both like. From your suggestions I actually really like [name_f]Collette[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] late grandma’s name was [name_f]Colleen[/name_f] so I feel it could be a bit of an honor name, plus it lends itself to [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] as a potential nn which is cute.
I also like [name_f]Esther[/name_f] and was pushing for that if [name_m]Tom[/name_m] had been a boy as I think it could work with [name_f]Tess[/name_f] as a nn. But alas hubby is not a fan!

1 Like

I’m pleased you found something of value in all that. I’ve thought about [name_f]Colette[/name_f] for the same reason as my husband has a [name_f]Coleen[/name_f] on his side of the family. [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] is very sweet and perfectly suits your [name_f]Millie[/name_f] and [name_m]Tom[/name_m]. All the best with your naming discussions!

1 Like