Suggestions for Southern Names

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], guys! I need some help with names for a small town sort of setting. Here are the descriptions for the characters I need some help with…

Girl 1 isn’t a local and needs a unique name. But it needs to be one that can be shortened in to some sort of southern name. She has beautiful curly blonde hair and sparkling green eyes. Kind of rebellious- a poet. Nothing to eccentric please!

Boy 2 is a local. He is very cocky because he is the typical southern gentlemen who gets all the women. He’s kind of rugged looking, but has beautiful blue eyes.

And feel free to give me any other southern name suggestions that may not necessarily fit these characters! I may need them later!

[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m]

Thanks for your suggestions! I’m actually using [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] in a different story- so that won’t work- but [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] is a good one I haven’t considered yet!

Names with a Southern feel:

Girls: [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] nn [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nola[/name_f], [name_u]Flannery[/name_u], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] nn [name_f]Emme[/name_f], [name_f]Mae[/name_f] (this may work well for the girl as a nickname for something less Southern-y), [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] nn [name_u]Caro[/name_u]/[name_f]Lina[/name_f], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_u]Leigh[/name_u], [name_f]Atlanta[/name_f], [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Ida[/name_f], [name_f]Virginia[/name_f], [name_f]Adela[/name_f]/[name_f]Della[/name_f]/[name_f]Delia[/name_f], [name_f]Carlotta[/name_f], [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

Boys: [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_m]Rhett[/name_m], [name_m]Beau[/name_m]/[name_m]Bo[/name_m], [name_m]Gunnar[/name_m], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_m]Tyrell[/name_m], [name_m]Boone[/name_m], [name_m]Deacon[/name_m], [name_m]Davis[/name_m] nn [name_m]Davy[/name_m], [name_m]Austin[/name_m], [name_m]Will[/name_m]

Double-barrel names are also very Southern names.
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Dixie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Carol[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Annamae[/name_f] / [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Maybelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivi[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]
etc.

[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is a boys name here in the south (and in most international countries). Otherwise, good list! :slight_smile:

The male character immediately reminded me of two boys from my high-school named [name_m]Travis[/name_m] and [name_m]Connor[/name_m]

Girl:
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]/[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]/[name_u]Josie[/name_u] nn [name_u]Jo[/name_u] or [name_u]JoJo[/name_u]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] nn [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Anette[/name_f]/[name_f]Anetta[/name_f] nn [name_f]Etta[/name_f]
Lindsey/Linnea nn Linn/Lynn

Other southern girls names:
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
Maisie
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]

Boy:
Yates
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_m]Dwayne[/name_m]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m]

girl - not local in as she’s a yankee?

boy - Ames

Yeah, I guess you could call her that. Haha.