Suggestions on alternatives for these names?

I’ve still been thinking about changing [name]Sariah[/name]'s mn (from [name]Raquel[/name] - my name). DH really likes [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rose[/name], but it is [name]Alanna[/name]'s (her sister) mn. Can we use the same mn for 2 different children? I like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] (after my grandma julie), but DH really doesn’t like it. Here are some other family names, can anyone please help with some variations of the names? It has to be a really pretty combo, otherwise I’m not going to change it. (I think [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], and [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rose[/name] are all beautiful combos) Thanks!

[name]Deborah[/name]
[name]Susan[/name] - he says [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Suzanne[/name].
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] (this name is on both sides of our family, it would be nice to find a pretty variation)
[name]Josephine[/name] (was almost her mn, but now he doesn’t like it at all)
[name]Valentine[/name] (male name)
[name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Ray[/name]/[name]Raymond[/name]

Oh, also there was another poster who mentioned (in another thread) [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lily[/name] - which would honor [name]Susan[/name] b/c [name]Susan[/name] means lily. Does [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lily[/name] work?

[name]Hi[/name] there,

I personally wouldn’t use the same middle name on two daughters because I feel that every sibling should have their own, compeltely individual name. But I know some people do that. I believe someone on here has two daughters called [name]Phillipa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] because it’s family tradition I believe.

[name]Susan[/name] does mean lily so that would be a lovely way of honouring her. I have an aunty [name]Suzanne[/name] and have considered the same options.

Here are some ideas:
[name]Deborah[/name] - [name]Debbie[/name] maybe? [name]Devorah[/name]? This one’s hard! It does mean “bee” though so you could do something with that like [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Bea[/name], [name]Bee[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Beatriz[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Bridgit[/name], [name]Brie[/name], [name]Briana[/name] - I personally’d probbaly just use [name]Deborah[/name] but it sounds too matchy with [name]Sariah[/name] :frowning:
[name]Susan[/name] - [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Suzanne[/name], [name]Shoshana[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Lilia[/name], [name]Lilith[/name], [name]Liliana[/name] (also has the “an” sound in it), [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Sioux[/name], [name]Susette[/name], [name]Zanna[/name], [name]Sanna[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] - [name]Dorothea[/name], [name]Dottie[/name], [name]Dori[/name], [name]Dodie[/name], [name]Theodora[/name] (sounds like [name]Dorothy[/name] reversed!), [name]Dora[/name], [name]Dolly[/name], [name]Dorete[/name], [name]Doria[/name], [name]Dorian[/name], [name]Dorota[/name], [name]Dorotea[/name], [name]Dory[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] - [name]Tilly[/name], [name]Mattea[/name], [name]Tilda[/name], [name]Mathilde[/name], [name]Maude[/name], [name]Macia[/name],
[name]Mary[/name] - [name]Maribel[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] (still get the rose then and could make a nice link for your daughters), [name]Marian[/name], [name]Marya[/name], [name]May[/name] (this is probably my favourite!! [name]Sariah[/name] [name]May[/name] :)) [name]Mae[/name], [name]Manon[/name], [name]Maren[/name], [name]Mara[/name], [name]Malia[/name], [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Marisol[/name], [name]Marissa[/name], [name]Maire[/name], [name]Maura[/name], [name]Maurya[/name], [name]Marielle[/name], [name]Marianne[/name], [name]Mariel[/name], [name]Maureen[/name], [name]Masha[/name], [name]Mitzi[/name], [name]Moira[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] - I love this one but how about…[name]Joanna[/name], [name]Josie[/name], [name]Joanne[/name], [name]Posey[/name], [name]Josette[/name]
[name]Valentine[/name] - you could use just [name]Valentine[/name] which would be cool, or [name]Valentina[/name], [name]Valencia[/name], [name]Valerie[/name] - or how about a name that means love like [name]Carys[/name], [name]Amy[/name], [name]Carey[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Kama[/name], [name]Milada[/name], [name]Priya[/name], [name]Mabel[/name], [name]Amabel[/name], Angharad, Cerian
[name]Jacqueline[/name] - [name]Jackie[/name], [name]Jacquetta[/name]?? I really don’t know on this one sorry beyond using the name itself! [name]Zakelina[/name]?
[name]Ray[/name]/[name]Raymond[/name] - [name]Rosamond[/name], [name]Raya[/name], [name]Rae[/name], [name]Araya[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Raymonda[/name], [name]Ramona[/name]

My favourites are:
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Suzanne[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Maude[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Joanne[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raymonda[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rosamond[/name]

Best of luck!!

[name]Laura[/name]

Thank you, [name]Laura[/name]! My favorites so far are:

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] -----> what about [name]Rosabelle[/name]?
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] -----> what about [name]Mariella[/name]?
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] - in fact I love this one, but DH doesn’t. Grrr!

I do like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name], but the 3 above stand out more to me.

I love those 3 choices!

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name] could definitely work too :slight_smile: Personally I’d prefer [name]Rosemary[/name] just because it honours someone too though.

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Mariella[/name] is lovely but how many syllables is your last name? If it’s long, it could become a bit of a mouthful!!

And it’s a shame about [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] :frowning: I think that one’s gorgeous! Does he like any of the other suggestions?

[name]Laura[/name],
[name]Rosabelle[/name] would still honor someone b/c my great-grandmother’s name was [name]Rose[/name], which is why we used it on [name]Alanna[/name] (and not because it’s the “in” filler name for mns). I was also thinking that it has the “R” from my name, and it also has the “el” sound from [name]Raquel[/name] - maybe also spelling it Rosabel so it is more similiar to [name]Raquel[/name]?

Last name is Gorman, so [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Mariella[/name] Gorman wouldn’t be so bad.

Ok, I just talked to him and this is what we agree upon:

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name]/Rosabel (see above post for explanation of spelling)
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] or [name]Lilliana[/name]

[name]EDIT[/name] - btw, now he’s saying “why didn’t we name her [name]Lillian[/name] or [name]Lilliana[/name]? We should change her name to that.” UGH! :roll: :expressionless:

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Raquel[/name]!

I wouldn’t choose anything with a [name]Rose[/name] in it, myself, since you’ve already done that with [name]Alanna[/name]. I think she should have her own middle name just as [name]Sariah[/name] does! I also think that names beginning with R don’t work particularly well with [name]Sariah[/name] because she’s got such a strong R sound in there already…

1. I absolutely love [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]! I’ve loved that from the very, very beginning, but alas it is off the list again.

2. I also love [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lily[/name] Gorman. It is absolutely perfect with [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Justin[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - it feels playful and fun, yet still light and feminine. I would choose [name]Lily[/name] over [name]Lillian[/name] or [name]Liliana[/name] just for length, myself, and it is cute that both girls would have flower middle names.

3. You mentioned [name]Mary[/name] being a name on multiple sides of the family, so why not just use [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Mary[/name] Gorman? It’s lovely, and it sounds like a beautiful sister for [name]Alanna[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. I did also think that [name]Molly[/name] would be a cute middle name, and since it is a traditional nickname for [name]Mary[/name], it works to honor her as well! What do you think of [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Molly[/name]? As you can see, I’m not going over two syllables for her middle name - I personally like that more.

4. [name]Matilda[/name] was on the list, and I thought [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Mathilde[/name] Gorman would be pretty. Now, I’m saying that with two syllables, as in ‘muh-TEILD’ or something like that. Look it up on Forvo, because my French isn’t very good!

So, basically, I think [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lily[/name] Gorman and [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Molly[/name] Gorman work beautifully with [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Justin[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. Best of luck, [name]Raquel[/name] and company!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS You didn’t name her [name]Liliana[/name] for the same reason you didn’t name her [name]Juliana[/name]. It sounds so similar to [name]Alanna[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lauren[/name]! Thank you! I told him that, and he doesn’t see how similar they sound. :shock: Hello!? Atleast [name]Juliana[/name] was a little different from [name]Alanna[/name]. Men! They should have a smilie getting slapped, so when we’re mad at our husbands we can slap them, atleast virtually. :lol:

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is so beautiful, and I wish he would see the potential. I guess I should have named her that from the beginning! Woe is me. :frowning: I can’t believe he doesn’t like it.

[name]Mary[/name] is a little too plain for us. I’d consider [name]Molly[/name], I don’t know if he’ll like it. I was hoping there was another name for [name]Matilda[/name], I’m not very fond of it.

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lily[/name] is cute, but for some reason I’m not liking short names for her mn. [name]Even[/name] [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rose[/name] seems off to me. So I would rather go with the longer [name]Lillian[/name] or [name]Liliana[/name].

So using [name]Rosabelle[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name] would still be the same as [name]Alanna[/name]'s [name]Rose[/name]? Darn, I was hoping to use one of those two. :frowning: [name]Rosemary[/name] would actually honor 4 people (not including [name]Alanna[/name]). And, I really like [name]Rosabelle[/name]/Rosabel.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Raquel[/name]! Sorry for late reply - my internet has been spotty. Ugh!

Anyway, I don’t know why your husband ([name]Patrick[/name]?) doesn’t like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. I’d like to virtually slap him sometimes, too, but, alas, it is impossible. Ask him about [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Molly[/name], because I love the sweet classic [name]Molly[/name] next to the semi-exotic [name]Sariah[/name] - it’s a beautiful match for [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Justin[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] [name]Rose[/name] in my opinion. I, too, wish there was another name for [name]Matilda[/name], as it sounds a little harsh for my taste. Why do you think you’re liking longer middle names for [name]Sariah[/name], such as [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] instead of [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lily[/name]? For me, [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lily[/name] Gorman sounds better than [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] Gorman, though [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] sounds ideal without your last name. And, I agree [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rose[/name] sounds off, but for me it is because of the R sounds rather than the length…

You know, personally I think using [name]Rosemary[/name] or Rosabel for [name]Sariah[/name]'s middle name would be the same as [name]Alanna[/name]'s [name]Rose[/name], but, again, I don’t know everything! It just seems like you’ve already honored [name]Rose[/name] with [name]Alanna[/name]'s name, and maybe you should spread around the love. That, and the R sounds mess up the flow just a bit for me. I like Rosabel too, but I just wouldn’t use a [name]Rose[/name] name myself unless the name ended in -rose or -rosa.

Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lauren[/name]!

I really don’t know why I’m liking longer names. The shorter name almost sounds incomplete to me, maybe because she already has [name]Raquel[/name] as her mn? [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lily[/name] doesn’t sound right, [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Caitlin[/name] did. All 3 are 2 syllables, but [name]Lily[/name] is so soft sounding compared to [name]Raquel[/name] and [name]Caitlyn[/name] that it feels like it doesn’t fill out the name properly. [name]Do[/name] you get what I’m saying? So, to me [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] sounds better.

Oh, btw DH is currently set on calling her [name]Lillian[/name]. :roll: He came home last night and kept calling her [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name]. It’s weird, when I don’t want to change her name, he does, and when I want to change her name, he doesn’t. Go figure.

[name]Ah[/name], all this name drama you’ve gone through is making my head spin! You two need to make up your minds about changing her name or not already! Ha.

Maybe you should just change it to [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]. Then he can still call her [name]Lily[/name] and it isn’t weird. Sometimes people go by their middle names! But, all this name changing is probably getting confusing to Miss [name]Sariah[/name]. She needs to latch onto a name, and I think it’s going to be [name]Sariah[/name]. You seemed good with that, and I think you still are, right? If your husband still isn’t 100%, and he wants his [name]Lily[/name], and you like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] - which I agree is very pretty! - then maybe you’ve finally found this poor baby’s name! At last!

Let me know. Good luck! Hugs to the kids!

I like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name], it’s pretty. And I like it more than [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name], and almost as much as [name]Sariah[/name] Rosabel (just a tad bit less, so maybe it’ll grow on me).

Yea… it’s making my head spin too. We’re just constantly going back and forth, back and forth. Ugh! I just hate to be like this for years to come. It scares me. It makes me wonder if it will ever end. [name]Will[/name] I truly ever love her name, or will I forever be saying “I wish I would have just named her…”? And then what if we change her name, and then we have name regrets about that name??? It’s all so confusing, and not a very easy thing to deal with. We don’t have too much time either, she’ll be 8 months next week. Part of me says - she’s 8 months, this is her name. The other part of me says - she’s 8 months and we still are having namers remorse. Lately I feel like I need to go to a psych and get my head screwed on straight, I’m going nuts with this.

So sorry to load this upon you (and anyone else reading this), but no one in my life has any clue what I, and DH, are going through. Usually I go with my first thought as soon as I wake up in the morning, but even that hasn’t worked! :cry:

Aww, [name]Raquel[/name]!

I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s been like for you these past eight months. But, I don’t know if you’ll grow to love [name]Sariah[/name]'s name again, and I don’t know if you’ll ever regret changing it. But, [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] is beautiful - I just want you to find something that excites you…

Maybe you should go talk to someone? Could help you figure out why you are having such a hard time resolving this issue of [name]Sariah[/name]'s name, right? It’s always an option.

Hang in there, [name]Raquel[/name]! Hugs!

Thanks, [name]Lauren[/name]. I’ll keep you updated. I’m going to try and stay off of here for a few days. I usually don’t get on here much on the wknds anyway, so what’s one more day? Maybe it’ll help “clear” my mind. DH suggested going through names one more time to see if there is anything that really stands out to us. If we both like it, then we’ll see about how well it works on [name]Sariah[/name], herself. I just want this love-not love roller coaster to end! :x

I just want to add this… it’s not that I don’t like the name [name]Sariah[/name], I believe it is a beautiful name. I wouldn’t have chosen it as her name in the first place if I didn’t think it was beautiful. I feel as it doesn’t fit her, and I’m not in love with her name as I am [name]Alanna[/name]‘s. I really want to feel that for both of my girl’s names, and there is an incredible guilt for not having the same feelings. I feel almost like [name]Sariah[/name] has been slighted. DH disagrees, he says if anyone got slighted on the name issue that it’s [name]Jacob[/name], b/c there are so many Jacobs his age. But, boys’ names are different - I have never really “loved” a boy’s name. I’ve just really “liked” them. Girls names have a certain quality to them that boys names don’t have. To me boys are supposed to be rough and rugged, or strong and manly names. Girls are supposed to have sweet, beautiful names… Ok. I’m babbling.

Take care, [name]Lauren[/name]. Have a good wknd. I really hope to have some kind of an update for you on [name]Monday[/name]. Thanks again for listening.

So DH and I have thought about names that we like, and so far nothing that we both like seems to fit her. At this time, I’m not sure if we’re going to hault our search, or continue it. We are also inquiring about changing her middle name. There are a few names that we’ve considered, and right now we both like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] the best. However, we’re going to make sure that we want to keep her fn before we decide to change her mn. So, we’ll let “[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]” settle and see if we truly love it before we change it.

Thank you every one, so much for all your help. I’ll keep you all updated, but I promise I won’t keep dwelling and bothering you all on this subject.