Suggestions on our VERY surprise baby

Suggestions on our VERY surprise baby
My husband and I were shocked to find out we are expecting our third child! I am just wanting some thoughts on names and how them match as a sib-set with my two girls. I really like not too popular, old fashion, with a liturary twist to it. I may have sacfriace that last one to get something I really love in a boys name. My girls are [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]…

My girl list:

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Edie[/name_f]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Anora[/name_f]/[name_f]Enora[/name_f]

Lorien

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

[name_f]Cora[/name_f]

My boy list:

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]

[name_m]Bram[/name_m]

[name_m]Evander[/name_m] (not really sure about this one)

[name_m]Walden[/name_m]

[name_m]Twain[/name_m]

out of your suggestions I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] go best with its sisters :slight_smile:

For a boy I like [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] :slight_smile:

Some suggestions

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] on its own or as a nn for [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Zadie[/name_f]
[name_u]Zola[/name_u]
[name_f]Zora[/name_f]

[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m]
[name_u]Yeats[/name_u]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Iver[/name_m]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Fitz[/name_m]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_m]Booker[/name_m]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_u]Keats[/name_u]
[name_m]Irving[/name_m]
[name_m]Byron[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]- [name_u]Jem[/name_u]
[name_m]Truman[/name_m]
[name_m]Harris[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Thane[/name_m]
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_u]Frost[/name_u]
[name_m]Langston[/name_m]

I think walden would be charming

Of your girls list, [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f] are my favourites, on their own and with your girls.

Lorien is the only one that sticks out to me as not feeling the same stylistically as your daughters’ and the others on the list. (Also once I got a lorian (not sure if that’s the right spelling) virus on my computer and that’s the only association I have with the word/name, so I’m not a fan of it.)

I don’t like the sound of [name_f]Edith[/name_f] (the sharp “E” followed by murky “dith” rubs me the wrong way) but I do like [name_f]Edie[/name_f] as the nickname.

[name_f]Anora[/name_f]/[name_f]Enora[/name_f] feels nicknamey to me but also reminds me of the words “ignore” and “annoy” and “enormous” - I’d prefer either as a nickname for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/a.

Of your boy names, [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_m]Evander[/name_m] are my favourites! I’d like any of them with your girls. [name_m]Evander[/name_m] reminds me (fondly) of the word “meander”… I picture [name_m]Evander[/name_m] being contemplative, strong, and really into nature. Also I’m sort of tired of [name_u]Evan[/name_u], and this seems like a nice alternative but not anything that will startle people.

[name_m]Twain[/name_m] feels too closely linked to [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_m]Twain[/name_m] and also reminds me of “never the twain shall meet” and of the word “train” as pronounced by a child who can’t make the “R” sound yet. I have trouble picturing [name_m]Walden[/name_m] on a young boy.

You may also like:

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Corrina[/name_f] (as a longer name to get to [name_f]Cora[/name_f] as a nickname, although I don’t feel [name_f]Cora[/name_f] requires a longer name)
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] (I would [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f]!)
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcus[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]

I love your daughters’ names. They are vintage but not too common yet (both around #700 in 2013.) I’d strike off [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_m]Silas[/name_m] as they’re too common for your set. I feel like [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is climbing and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is getting trendy (and also being used for girls.) [name_m]Evander[/name_m] is mismatched. [name_m]Walden[/name_m] is lovely but too close to [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. Dashiell is sweet but I feel like I’m hearing it more and more these days because everyone loves the spunky nn Dash.

I love [name_f]Flora[/name_f] or [name_f]Edith[/name_f] for your sibset. I like [name_f]Flora[/name_f] slightly better as I think [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is about to take off.

I love [name_m]Twain[/name_m] so much. I first saw it on a blogger’s son a few years ago and I was smitten. I also think [name_m]Bram[/name_m] is a great choice.

You have great taste. Congrats on your little surprise.

I like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] for a girl and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] for a boy :slight_smile:

I’d go with [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] or [name_f]Cora[/name_f].

From your list I really like [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. And for a boy, [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]!

Thanks everyone this gives me lots to think about! I don’t think I will have to worry about any of these getting popular in my area so I am safe there as most of the population names their kids off the top 25 chart. You all have such kind words for my girls names! I got lots of eyebrow raises from people when I told them my choices. I have been able to do some work narrowing down though.

Girls:

[name_f]Edie[/name_f]: this one is still my number one. I like the E, wish there was an L in there, kind of wondering if I would have nameing remorse with the [name_f]Edith[/name_f] Bunker association, this is my great-grandmothers name

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]: It’s cute short and fits

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]: Matches, has the L, might be too popular

[name_f]Anora[/name_f]/[name_f]Enora[/name_f]: This is probally my #2. It is a little different in style but I am ok with that as with the nora is still has a vintage feel, if I don’t use it for a first name it has the #1 spot for a middle name as it matched my girls middle names well.

Lorien: LOTR refrence so if you know the books then it fits with the naturey feel of my other two. Moved off the first name spot for sure but a possible middle name, it’s a nod to a family member named [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]: really fits with my girls

[name_f]Cora[/name_f]: kind of popular for me but I found it on a family tree and like that idea

Boys:

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]: has an L in it, five letters like the other too, right now my #1, could get more popular, our last name ends in LAS might have too much ass sound to it.

[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]: This was my name crush during my last pregnancy, I love the 1920’s feel of it that matches [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], matches my husbands name well, only wondering if it’s too much or kind of fluffy for this area (rural small town midwest)

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]: Older but I feel that it would have the sam effect that [name_f]Willa[/name_f] had on people they picture it old but now they can’t imagin it on an older person

[name_m]Bram[/name_m]: new to my list but I do like it

[name_m]Evander[/name_m]: this one is gone I decided I don’t like it there are too many Xanders and Xiavers in my area and it sounds too much alike.

[name_m]Walden[/name_m]/[name_m]Twain[/name_m]: My middle name picks so both of these will go good there.

Also I noticed I had a Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u] theme oops! :smiley:

[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_m]Twain[/name_m] or [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Twain[/name_m] would be excellent!

I can understand your reservations about [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] but I personally view the name as very manly so I feel like it would be respected if that makes sense and not viewed as too fluffy. Also I’m sure there are lots of surname names in your area so this would kind of fit in with the theme

I like [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] the best.

For boys I like [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_m]Bram[/name_m] the most.

I fell in love with [name_f]Edie[/name_f] if you have a girl the minute I read it.

I like
Lorien ( try [name_f]Elora[/name_f])
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Waldon[/name_m]

From you list I like… [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

My idea list… for girls
esme
mercy
rain
feather
kit

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] are lovely together! For a sister, I quite like [name_f]Edith[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], and for a brother, I think [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] go wonderfully.

Here are some suggestions (sorry for any repeats!):
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]

[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m]

I think [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], and [name_f]Edith[/name_f] are adorable together, & I love the literary theme!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] is my favorite from your list. It goes well with [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] would be my second choice. Although I like [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f], I don’t know if the ending -a makes them too close to [name_f]Willa[/name_f] or not? They would work but I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] sound better. From your boys list, I love [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]! It has the same kind of vintage, but coming back on trend feel as [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and its one of my own personal favorites. My other favorites are [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]. I also kind of like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]. You may also like:

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Merida[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]

[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Louie[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]

nice list, I like these best:

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]

To go with [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], I like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] or [name_u]Arlo[/name_u].