Suggestions?

[name]Hi[/name],

I’m not yet expecting but hope to be soon! In the discussion of starting a family my husband and I have stumbled upon the discovery that we do not have the same tastes in names. We both like unusual names, but I like names that have a classic feel whereas my husband just like whatever sounds “strong” (which, based on his picks I’m still trying to understand what that means to him). So! For fun and to maybe help us think outside the box, I thought I’d ask for some suggestions. :slight_smile:

There are only two names we have yet to agree on:
Kestrel (girl, nn Kes)
[name]Bromley[/name] (boy, nn [name]Brom[/name])

We’ve discussed Kestrel [name]Elm[/name] as a possibility, but I’m not sure if it sounds right with our 2 syllable last name and I’m also afraid the -el and [name]El[/name]- run into the other too much.
We can’t agree on anything to go with [name]Bromley[/name]. Our last name also starts with a B so I’m looking for something to break it up without making it choppy or too formal sounding. My husband likes [name]Bromley[/name] [name]Bear[/name], but that’s too much alliteration for me.

We’ve also considered using 2 middle names to maybe help the names flow smoothly with our last name. It’s not traditional in our families, but they already won’t like the names we do, so why not! :wink:

Thanks so much!

Kestrel reminds me of Castrol motor oil, so I cant say I love it. [name]Bromley[/name] is kinda cute though. With a two syllable last name and a two syllable fn I would choose a mn that is either one or three syllables. Maybe [name]Bromley[/name] [name]Grant[/name] or [name]Bromley[/name] [name]Jude[/name]?

Other “strong” names your hubby might like:
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Clark[/name]
[name]Paxton[/name]
Adler
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]

[name]Aspen[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Taryn[/name]

My husband and I also have very different taste in names. Its a pretty common problem among couples on nameberry. At least he isn’t pushing for something “boring” =)

I like [name]Bromley[/name] and Kestrel together!

However, I don’t care very much for Kestrel, although its not a terrible name or one that would get much teasing. It’s just a hard feeling name to me, I’d prefer [name]Astrid[/name] or [name]Estelle[/name]. Kestrel [name]Elm[/name] is a bit tongue-tying with the short ‘e’ combo -el [name]El[/name]. Other Nature names might flow better, or a floral name would soften it up a bit- [name]Ash[/name], [name]Oak[/name], [name]Vale[/name], [name]River[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Dove[/name], [name]Fawn[/name], [name]Dawn[/name], [name]Merle[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Lake[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Sage[/name], [name]Snow[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Sparrow[/name], [name]Starling[/name].Traditional names might balance out the name overall- [name]Elisabeth[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Anne[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Mae[/name], [name]Honor[/name]/a/e.
My favs~
Kestrel [name]Violet[/name]/[name]Pearl[/name]- solid, cute and quirky
Kestrel [name]Honore[/name]- Softer, sweeter
Kestrel [name]Starling[/name]/[name]Sparrow[/name]-[name]Ethereal[/name], musical

Bromely [name]Bear[/name] B. is a bit much, but totally sweet and cute! But other nature names could work here too-[name]Oak[/name], [name]Aspen[/name], [name]Ash[/name], [name]Arden[/name], [name]River[/name], [name]Callum[/name], [name]Sage[/name], [name]Falcon[/name], [name]Wolf[/name], [name]Phoenix[/name]. And classics like [name]Andrew[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Walter[/name], [name]Richard[/name], [name]Charles[/name], and [name]Daniel[/name] go well also. There are a few perhaps odd names that I like with [name]Bromley[/name]- [name]Dasan[/name], [name]Espen[/name], [name]Quillan[/name].
My favs~
[name]Bromley[/name] [name]Dasan[/name]- Quirky, but strong and balanced
[name]Bromley[/name] [name]Callum[/name]- well-rounded
[name]Bromley[/name] [name]James[/name]- too cool for school, but carries into adulthood beautifully

Best of luck ttc. Have fun with names, you’ll be surprised how quickly you change your favorites over the months of waiting!