Summer vs. Skylar

Please share thoughts on best name. Which is better?

1 Like

I really like both but [name_f]Summer[/name_f] is more of a classic name. [name_f]Skyler[/name_f] seems to be viewed as more of a trendy name, though I’ve met some people named it and it suites very well. I think [name_f]Skylar[/name_f] is better if you want an unpopular name, and [name_f]Summer[/name_f] is better if you’re into the classics that won’t die out

2 Likes

[name_f]Skyler[/name_f] has a cooler meaning. I guess it depends on what you want.
[name_f]Skyler[/name_f] means - [name_m]Scholar[/name_m] or teacher…
And [name_f]Summer[/name_f] means just [name_f]Summer[/name_f]. But, me, wanting to dive deeper, took apart Sum and Mer.
I think another meaning would be summoner of the drop of the bitter sea or summoner of bitter or beloved…

I guess [name_f]Skyler[/name_f] could also be either a island in [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] (Skye) or like the sky crowned from shrubs.
AKA. [name_m]Royal[/name_m] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] person from [name_f]Skye[/name_f] or lark-sky…
Your welcome?

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts exactly :blush:

3 Likes

i really like both summer and skylar!! personally, i prefer skylar (especially with this spelling), because of the nickname potential and i just think it sounds and looks better. summer is really cute too though, i think it really depends on what kind of name you’re looking for!

2 Likes

Definitely Summer!! She has such colourful, bright, summery vibes, and I think the nickname Summie/Sammie is really cute. I know [name_f]Skylar[/name_f] peaked in the mid 2010s but it already feels a bit “tired” and tied to the era for me. [name_f]Summer[/name_f] on the other hand has been somewhat consistently popular for the last 50 years, and being a word name with such beautiful imagery I doubt it will ever go out of style!

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Skylar[/name_f] - clear, bright and interesting

1 Like

I love [name_f]Summer[/name_f]! She’s bright, sunshiney, and super sweet! What’s not to love?!

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Skylar[/name_f], sorry. Too trendy for me. I do like [name_f]Skye[/name_f] though.

[name_f]Summer[/name_f]!

I prefer [name_f]Summer[/name_f]! It is bright, happy and colorful. I believe it ages well and is a elegant choice.
[name_f]Skylar[/name_f] is nice, but I prefer just [name_m]Sky[/name_m]. I agree with previous posters who said that [name_f]Skylar[/name_f] feels a more trendy and more attached to a certain time/ generation.

1 Like

I love summer! It’s a beautiful, bright, breezy name that can never go out of style! [name_f]Skylar[/name_f] is a little more trendy, but still an equally great choice! I personally would go for [name_f]Summer[/name_f]. I have always loved the middle name [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] with it.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Summer[/name_f] :lemon:

I think [name_f]Summer[/name_f] is gorgeous! Honestly I used to not gravitate towards [name_f]Summer[/name_f] however now I think [name_f]Summer[/name_f] is lovely. She’s warm, joyous and bright. Evokes beautiful imagery of warm, happy summer days, lemons, yellow colours and pretty flowers. I love that you can use the nickname [name_f]Sunny[/name_f] which just adds to the overall happy feels of the name.

I like [name_f]Skylar[/name_f] and “Sky” is a cute nickname.

I love both but I will go with [name_f]Skylar[/name_f] because of the nickname factor. You can call [name_f]Skylar[/name_f], [name_m]Sky[/name_m] but what nickname do you give to [name_f]Summer[/name_f]. Of course she may not go by a nickname, but it’s just another thing to consider.

[name_f]Summer[/name_f] get my vote

I love [name_f]Summer[/name_f] :two_hearts: Very beautiful and I believe would age best. I have never ever been a fan of [name_f]Skylar[/name_f] though. I just have never seen the appeal in this name visually or hearing it. It sounds awkward and rough imo.

I love [name_f]Summer[/name_f], its my name. I like that its not very popular.