Summerlin

I remember wanting this name for my daughter when my husband wanted [name]Summer[/name]. I felt [name]Summer[/name] was too boring, and wanted to add a little spice to it. He didn’t agree, and then [name]Summer[/name]/[name]Summerlin[/name] came off the list.

What do you think of this name? Would you spell it [name]Summerlin[/name], [name]Summerlyn[/name], Sommerlin, Sommerlyn? Or do you just prefer [name]Summer[/name]?

Hey, [name]Raquel[/name]! I definitely prefer just [name]Summer[/name]! [name]Summerlin[/name] looks way made-up to me, and I think it might make a nicer name for a little hotel (e.g., [name]Summerlin[/name] Suites) or a street (e.g., [name]Summerlin[/name] Avenue). Sorry!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Ha! It’s ok. I recall you not liking this name before either!

I actually think [name]Summer[/name] is kind of cute, though. I’d pair [name]Summer[/name] with something sweet and classic, like [name]Summer[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], or romantic and elegant, like [name]Summer[/name] [name]Vivian[/name], or spunky and fresh, like [name]Summer[/name] [name]Tess[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

If I really wanted [name]Summerlin[/name] I guess we could have named her [name]Summer[/name] and used my mom’s mn [name]Lynn[/name] as her mn. [name]Summer[/name] is my name obsession of the week - or the moment! Haha!

I’m wondering if I should tell my husband? [name]Do[/name] you remember how much he wanted [name]Summer[/name] or [name]Marissa[/name] for [name]Sariah[/name]'s name? And do you remember how much I wanted [name]Caitlin[/name], and he didn’t. [name]Do[/name] you know when she was about 2 months old, he said “i would have agreed to [name]Caitlin[/name]. You never brought it up”!!! I was so mad at him! I think I might tell him I like [name]Summer[/name]. hehe.

I love the name and If I were choosing it for my child I would spell it [name]Summerlyn[/name]