Sunny ☀

I adore the name [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]. It’s gorgeous. Here’s why:

1. My favourite song, ‘Days In The [name_f]Sun[/name_f]’, has such a lovely association to someone who simply changed my life; without them, I would not be the person I am today. You know the song, from Beauty and the Beast? Days In The Sun (From "Beauty and the Beast"/Audio Only) - YouTube

2. My father. He’s shaped me a lot, and it’s almost honouring him. He is a SUPERFAN of the Beatles. ‘Here Comes The [name_f]Sun[/name_f]’ has always been his favourite song by the Beatles, and it’s really special to him.

3. The sound is so phonetically gorgeous to me. That simple.

4. It flows so well with my surname.

5. I would pair it with a traditional or more ‘normal’ name. I really like [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], for example.

The name is just so beautiful and precious to me. I am getting emotional just thinking about the name, and having a little daughter named [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]… It’s truly, my favourite name, but I’ve been too scared to admit it. It reminds me of moving on, moving forward, letting go of pain, the shine in the sky after weeks of rain and cloud… A piece of hope.

Please though, tell it to me straight. I’m finally brave enough to make this post, but… Is [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] even a useable name? If it’s not, I’d like to know now, before I get so overly attached to it. Well, I’m already very attached, but you get what I mean.

I can’t see anything wrong with that name, it’s adorable!
There are plenty of women named [name_u]Sunny[/name_u], so I wouldn’t worry about it being to “out there” either.
I think you’re very lucky to have found a name that you’re so passionate about AND goes well with so many lovely
middles!
Hold on to it!

I love [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] — such a bright and happy sounding name. I think pairing it with a more solid, traditional middle is a good idea and I really like [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]! I knew a [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] who went by [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] and it suites her well. [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a lovely combo

Thank you guys so much for the responses so far. It means a lot to me!

My thoughts were along the lines of, "If names like [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] are acceptable, then why not [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]? Oh well, I’d better check with the Nameberry forums!’

I’m still searching for the perfect middle name to pair it with, but I’m sure it will come to me with time.~

I’ve loved [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] ever since reading “A Series of Unfortunate Events” which is basically the best children’s book series ever. I think it’s light and airy and oh so spunky. I would love to hear of a little [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]! What middle names would you consider?

Personally, I’m not a fan, as I dont really like nickname names. However, that doesn’t mean it’s not usable. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like how I prefer [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] to [name_u]Theo[/name_u], but [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is actually more popular. Nickname names are 1uite popular at the moment, and while they’re not my favourite, that doesn’t mean they can’t be used. [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a lovely combination

@babies123456

I love A Series Of Unfortunate Events! In my top 3 favourite book series easily!

I’d go with something classical. Although I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] names like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Angelique[/name_f], etc etc, I don’t think they’re well suited for [name_u]Sunny[/name_u].

For context, my surname starts with a Seh- sound and ends with an -ihl sound.

[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a pretty one I really like.
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] / [name_f]Katrin[/name_f] ([name_f]Katrin[/name_f] is the Icelandic form of [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]. I’m very fond of Icelandic culture.)
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (Can’t really go wrong with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f])
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

I would love further suggestions, though!

@dayjoy

Interesting- For the most part, I’m not a fan of nickname-names either, and I absolutely love the majority of names any your signature, so for the most part we must have somewhat similar taste. I prefer [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] over [name_u]Theo[/name_u] too, [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] over [name_m]Eli[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] over [name_m]Tom[/name_m], etc etc, I’m not sure what it is about [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]. It’s probably the positive associations I have with the name, it just exhibits such happiness and delight to me. It’s one of those names that when I read it, I can’t help but smile a little. Perhaps [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] is better in a middle name spot? I’m still a little unsure. I just wouldn’t want my daughter to receive any torment for her name.

I actually like it especially paired with a classic like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. I have met one girl named [name_u]Sunny[/name_u], but I’ve also heard it as a nickname too for -son ending names. It’s a cheerful name for sure so even if people are a bit taken aback by your choice I imagine they couldn’t have too much criticism.

Honestly, if you live it, go for it. If children want to bully a child, they will do it. They will find anything to target. It’s rare for a child to be bullied because of their name, it’s just the weapon of choice. [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] is not a bad name by any means, as it’s very positive, in vibe, in meaning and it’s not similar to any insults or rude words.

I also love sunny! It’s a gorgeous name and seeing as you have a close tie with the name I think you would regret it far more if you didn’t use it than you ever would if you did. [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] is unique and I’m sure your daughter will wear it with pride

I like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], it’s a really strong and timeless name. That’s probably my favorite. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] sounds nice with [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] but on its on I don’t like it much. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] also sounds very good but I feel like it’s a “filler” middle. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is very regal and elegant, just not my style. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is nice but I feel like it doesn’t sound right with [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]?

[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] (too wordy?
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Lenora[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_u]Joyce[/name_u]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]

Let me know if you like any of these and good luck!

[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] is such a happy name! I definitely think it works.

@babies12345
Thank you so much for the suggestions! I really appreciate the input.
Out of your suggestions, I enjoy:
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]

[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] is my favourite!!! I love it.

@dayjoy That’s a really good point about the “kids will bully no matter what name” thing. Unfortunate. :frowning: I really appreciate the good response!

@pointless Thank you! That reassures me a lot <3

@auroracalista Thank you so much for the reply!

I think [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] is a fine name.

[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] is a fine name especially paired with a feminine middle name.

[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] is absolutely beautiful! You seem like you really love it and it has a lot of meaning to you so I think it’s definitely useable.

Given the abundance of unique names these days, I don’t think [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] is odd or out there at all. It has a sweet “southern belle” sound to it to me. I think [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a darling combination.

For sure it is. I know 1 [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] who is in her 30s and she wears the name so well, it suits her to a T. It’s such a bright, happy name.