Super's sister - Predictions

Rydel and Capron Funk are expecting their second child, a girl :heart: Their first child is Super Capron Funk.

Any predictions??

My pediction is… They’ll pick something very literal again. For example, instead of Stella, which means “star,” they’ll just name her Star… Super & Star :thinking:

Update - My example of Star is off the table :sweat_smile: but they are planning to use an S name!

Update - Baby is Sweetie Mary

3 Likes

they said they wouldn’t do [name_f]Star[/name_f] cause it’s “too on the nose with Super”

i think it’ll be something like [name_u]Story[/name_u], [name_u]Seven[/name_u], [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] / Shine, [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] or [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]! :))

1 Like

@decembersmoon I missed that news, thank you! :sweat_smile: Super & [name_u]Story[/name_u] would be lovely :heart_eyes:

I’ve never heard of these people, had to go look them up. I usually don’t mind wild celebrity baby names but the first name/last name combo “Super Funk” is too much for me :sweat_smile:

Based on Super, maybe something like…
[name_f]Belle[/name_f] or [name_f]Beauty[/name_f]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u]
[name_u]Bright[/name_u]
Magnificent (this would actually be cool if they called her Maggie!)
[name_u]Marvel[/name_u] or Marvelous
[name_u]Divine[/name_u]
[name_u]Wonder[/name_u]
[name_f]Heaven[/name_f]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u]
[name_f]Aura[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f]
[name_u]Story[/name_u]

They’ve said in the past they want to stick with all S names, and they just said in a youtube video her name won’t be Star, so my guess is Sunny, Story, or Scout

Update: remembered they said they won’t use Sunny so that’s out

I’m thinking [name_u]Soul[/name_u] :grimacing: also her mom is named [name_f]Stormie[/name_f], so [name_u]Storm[/name_u] might be an option? I could also see Shine being an option. I think it’ll be another uncommon word name.

4 Likes

This is lovely! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I agree! Though I didn’t realize when I posted that they wanted another S name. Maybe another celebrity will use Magnificent ‘Maggie’ someday.

1 Like

I’m just listing S words at this point :sweat_smile:

Sunny
Serenade
Solstice
Sterling
Starling
Sage
Serendipity
Songbird
Song
September
Sweet
Sandpiper
Sojourner
Serene
Serenity
Sequoia
Shire
Sonnet

3 Likes

[name_f]Summer[/name_f] Funk is the first one that springs to mind. Super Funk and [name_f]Summer[/name_f] Funk both sound like the names of Spotify playlists to me. :sweat_smile:

Summer’s probably too normal for them though, so maybe something like [name_u]Silver[/name_u], [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] or [name_f]Sunday[/name_f].

[name_u]Soul[/name_u] and Shine are good guesses.

2 Likes

Maybe Sonic Funk; it’s feels equally over the top, gender neutral and out of the box as Super.

2 Likes

hmmm maybe

solar
sonar
september
solstice
style (i actually really like this for them)
scene/scenery
score
sea/seal
search
secret (also like this for them)
seize
seldom
sense/sensible
shell
shy
sight
silk/silky
silver
sincere
slight
smile (another one i actually think would work really well)
snow
south
spell
spring
steam
street
strong
sugar
sunshine

if they asked me to pick i would definitely go style, secret, smile, spring or sunshine! (it’s actually kind of upsetting me how much i like super & style as siblings). honestly if it’s not one of these i’ll be quite disappointed :sweat_smile:

i really really hope it’s style!

1 Like

I don’t know of these people, but the first name that popped into my head is [name_u]Stellar[/name_u]. Super & [name_u]Stellar[/name_u].

2 Likes

Really sad Uptown is out :tired_face:

I’m loving the suggestions of Sonic and [name_u]Soul[/name_u]. I mean, Funk as a genre of music comes from [name_u]Soul[/name_u] which would be a nice connection I guess! And Sonic Funk just sounds cool. [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] is a good shout too, actually, seeing as that’s another positive adjective.

Find slightly it bemusing that they think [name_f]Star[/name_f] is too on the nose but named their child Super Funk…

Honestly, I’m gunning for something like [name_m]Steve[/name_m] at this point. I think that would be equal parts groundbreaking and hilarious :thinking::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I was thinking of Sarah & Super :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

[name_u]Soul[/name_u] seems great for me lol

2 Likes

this is what my sister and I said too :joy: My sister was a huge fan of Rydel when she was a kid (via R5) and she was very confused as to why Super Funk was a’ok but Super and Star for siblings were too much :joy:

fun fact: Rydel was named after the high school in Grease, so a name with a Grease connection would be cool, but I’m not sure what they could pull that would begin with S other than Sandy.

4 Likes

@leafsgirl44 I did not know that! I’m a fan of R5, even saw them live once!

I really like Super & [name_u]Sandy[/name_u] :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah! I took my sister to see them live once in Toronto years ago, they were pretty good. Lol I remember them all being really nice! Rydel liked my shoes :joy:

[name_f]My[/name_f] sister used to tell me about how Rydel was named after the school in Grease because I was/am a huge Grease fan :joy:

2 Likes