Surname for firstname?

I came across the [name]Sullivan[/name], fell in [name]LOVE[/name] with it right away. I am aware that is a surname, and that a nickname of [name]Sully[/name] could follow. I’, trying to get my outdated family to see the trendiness to it. I think it sounds quite strong and would be a great Adult name too. Our last name is one syllabol, and I was thinking of [name]Albert[/name]/[name]Everett[/name]…and maybe [name]Henry[/name] for middle names, (for family)

Another like…[name]Jaxon[/name]…but not sure if it’s “strong” enough.
I already have a [name]Cameron[/name], and [name]Aidan[/name]…
opinions? suggestions?

I think [name]Sullivan[/name] is quite nice, especially in terms of last names as first names. It goes nicely with Adian and [name]Cameron[/name] too. [name]Van[/name] is another nickname choice you might like more. I agree it’s strong and will age well.

I love [name]Sullivan[/name] as well (and is one of my favorites from the “surname names” category)! Like you some people have told me that it’s too “surnamey” or something similar. [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] also seem to like this name (from what they’ve mentioned in some of their books).

I think [name]Sullivan[/name] is a little too surname-y to match with your boys’ names. [name]Aidan[/name] and [name]Cameron[/name] are both unisex, and [name]Aidan[/name] is Irish while [name]Cameron[/name] is Scottish. I would recommend these for your new baby:

ENGLISH
Bracken
[name]Dayton[/name]
[name]Haven[/name]
[name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Perrin[/name]
[name]Preston[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]

WELSH
Bricen
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]

IRISH
[name]Brogan[/name]
[name]Devin[/name]
[name]Keegan[/name]
[name]Kellen[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]

SCOTTISH
[name]Beagan[/name]
[name]Glenn[/name]

Like any of those?

I can best see another Irish or Scottish (or even Welsh) name working with your boys’ names, so I think that [name]Sullivan[/name] works. (At first, I was thinking that with [name]Cameron[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name], only a non-surname would sound right, but then I remembered that [name]Cameron[/name] is used as a surname, too…) :slight_smile:

More names I can see with [name]Cameron[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name] (not all surnames):

[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Breckin[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Fergus[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Redmond[/name]

If you’re looking for a non-Irish or Scottish name, I can see these with [name]Cameron[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name]:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Sullivan[/name], [name]Aidan[/name] and [name]Cameron[/name]. I even really love “[name]Sully[/name]”. I just read a book by [name]Anne[/name] Patchet (called “Run”) with a main character called [name]Sullivan[/name]. I think the name is strong and handsome and a little playful.

wow! thx to u who have replied :slight_smile: i’m glad im not the only who loves the name, as well I see some suggestions in which I have considered. now I have more to juggle in my heart! :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Sullivan[/name]…have you also thought of [name]Vaughn[/name]?

[name]Sullivan[/name] [name]Jaxon[/name]!!! I [name]LOVE[/name] that… And names don’t have to “fit” together. They should be what you like and what you feel is appropriate for that child. GL

I love the name [name]Sullivan[/name]! Perhaps spelling [name]Jaxon[/name] as [name]Jaxson[/name] would make it stronger. The -son ending helps with that I think! Good luck!