Surname Ideas - Pre-Harry Potter, Post-Marauders Story

I’m not going to say tons here - mainly because I haven’t quite worked out what the first names will even be yet - but I’m writing a [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] story that’s set in the decade between the Marauders and the [name_u]Golden[/name_u] Trio eras. The main characters are three sisters in a family that’s torn apart during the first wizarding war, and I need a surname for them.
They’re a halfblood family, but names like [name_m]Potter[/name_m] and [name_m]Evans[/name_m] are obviously out of the question. Besides, I don’t want the surname to seem too common - it needs to stand out.
Any ideas?

[name_u]Langley[/name_u]
Mortenson
Briarwood
[name_m]Newton[/name_m]
Mastodon
Pinehurst
Jaxby
[name_m]Beaumont[/name_m]
Dubois
[name_m]Callan[/name_m]
[name_u]Calloway[/name_u]

1 Like

Ooh, I like [name_u]Langley[/name_u] and Briarwood!

More ideas:
Barrow
[name_m]Crane[/name_m] (has some built-in atmosphere from the [name_m]Ichabod[/name_m] association)
Crossley
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m]
Hawkes
[name_u]Nightingale[/name_u]
[name_m]Priestley[/name_m]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
Wicks

2 Likes

I’m going with Briarwood for the sisters, though suggestions are still welcomed as I do have other characters within the story to name! And I suck at coming up with good surnames, so there’s that.
I like all the suggestions so far and will definitely use as many as I can! Thanks for helping!

1 Like

Havilland
[name_f]Wellesley[/name_f]
Evanders

1 Like