Surname Names

I’m a big fan of names that sound like surnames. Some of my favorites for a baby girl are:

[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
Gates
[name_m]Palmer[/name_m]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
[name_m]Maguire[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_u]Campbell[/name_u]
[name_u]Collins[/name_u]
[name_m]Tucker[/name_m]
[name_u]Reeve[/name_u]
[name_m]Granger[/name_m]

What are some other surname-sounding names that you think match the feel of this list?

A disclaimer: I would use all of these names on a boy or a girl. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like I would use a unisex/feminine-leaning name for a boy if I loved it, I would use a unisex/masculine-leaning name on a girl. I have [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], Loxley, [name_f]Cricket[/name_f], [name_u]Fable[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_u]Marion[/name_u], [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] all on my boy list. I’m really not trying to start anything or be offensive, I just wanted to get some name suggestions.

[name_m]Clarke[/name_m]
[name_u]Austen[/name_u]
Brontë
[name_u]Keats[/name_u]
[name_u]March[/name_u]
[name_u]Larkin[/name_u]
[name_f]Rayne[/name_f]
[name_u]Penrose[/name_u]
[name_f]Camber[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_m]Redding[/name_m]
[name_m]Kerrigan[/name_m]
Gaskell
[name_f]Eyre[/name_f]
[name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
Reynalds
[name_f]Fayre[/name_f]
[name_m]Radcliffe[/name_m]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
McCullers
[name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]
Caraway
Holloway
Haliday
[name_u]Brighton[/name_u]
[name_m]Wystan[/name_m]

[name_u]Flannery[/name_u]
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]
[name_u]Tierney[/name_u]
[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_u]Shea[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Brett[/name_u]
Keegan
Brennan
Mallon
Hadley
Hollis
Shelby
Whitney
Sydney

This is a really different kind of search for me. [name_m]Feel[/name_m] a bit unsure about some of these… I’d love to know if anything stands out for you.

[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u], [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], [name_m]Russell[/name_m], [name_m]Banks[/name_m], [name_u]Sutton[/name_u], [name_m]Adler[/name_m], [name_m]Fraser[/name_m], [name_m]Montague[/name_m], [name_u]Parrish[/name_u], [name_m]Sumner[/name_m], [name_m]Anders[/name_m], [name_m]Barclay[/name_m], [name_m]Smith[/name_m], [name_m]Prescott[/name_m], [name_m]Keefe[/name_m], Stratton, Whitby, [name_m]Haines[/name_m], Macarthy, [name_u]Reid[/name_u], [name_u]Walker[/name_u], Atkin, [name_f]Maine[/name_f], [name_u]Hartley[/name_u], [name_m]Burke[/name_m], [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m], Hawkins, [name_m]Simpson[/name_m], [name_m]Ryder[/name_m], [name_u]Blake[/name_u], [name_m]Patton[/name_m], [name_m]Morris[/name_m], [name_m]Ward[/name_m], [name_m]Henderson[/name_m], [name_m]Birch[/name_m], Lockhart, [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u], [name_m]Turner[/name_m], [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u], [name_m]Reynolds[/name_m], [name_m]Watson[/name_m], [name_u]Porter[/name_u], Kincaid, [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m], Yates, Bellemore, [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], and second [name_u]Brennan[/name_u] and [name_m]Hayes[/name_m].

I quite like surnames on girls myself! Sorry for any repeats;

[name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_f]Whitley[/name_f]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_f]Anniston[/name_f]
[name_m]Kensington[/name_m]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_u]Britton[/name_u]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] (I don’t know why but as a teenager I loved the idea of this for a girl??)
[name_m]Anderson[/name_m]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Hendrix[/name_m]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u]
[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] (I know two girls named this!)
[name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
Hepburn (way out there but I found a list with it on it, and I feel like you may appreciate the old Hollywood vibe?)
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_u]Langley[/name_u]
Linley
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]/[name_f]Locklyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Madigan[/name_u]
Carrington
[name_u]Remington[/name_u]
[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u]
[name_f]Chesney[/name_f]
[name_u]Carling[/name_u]
[name_u]Carlin[/name_u]
[name_f]McKenna[/name_f]
[name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]McKinley[/name_u]
[name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_u]Windsor[/name_u]
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f]
[name_u]London[/name_u]

I hope you like a few of these! xo

@greyblue, [name_u]March[/name_u] is so awesome. I love [name_m]Little[/name_m] women! [name_u]Larkin[/name_u] is adorable. [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] is on my middle name list, so you definitely hit the nail on the head there. [name_m]Kerrigan[/name_m] is so sweet and cute. I love [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] and forrest. McCullers reminds me of Mclaine, which I adore. [name_m]Miller[/name_m] is amazing. I’ve always loved the sound of [name_u]Brighton[/name_u], but I don’t have a connection to the place, so I’m just not sure about that one. [name_f]Fayre[/name_f] looks so cool. And [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] is AWESOME. Thank you for the brilliant ideas.

@erin [name_f]Beth[/name_f], [name_u]Flannery[/name_u] is one of my favorite names. [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] is lovely. [name_u]Shelby[/name_u] is so [name_u]Steel[/name_u] Magnolias - I love it! [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] is always adorable. I love the idea of [name_u]Keegan[/name_u] on a little girl. Thank you!!

@kachenka, [name_m]Adler[/name_m] and [name_m]Sumner[/name_m] would be great for girls, since they have the same sounds as some popular girl names, like [name_f]Summer[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]. [name_m]Keefe[/name_m] would be a cool way to honor [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] O’[name_m]Keefe[/name_m]. [name_u]Whitney[/name_u] is just perfect. [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] would be really cute, either on its own or as a nickname for [name_u]Fifer[/name_u]. [name_u]Porter[/name_u] Oman girl would be divinely cute. Thank you so much!

@leafsgirl, repeats usually make me like a name even more, so no problem there! [name_f]Whitley[/name_f] is like a more modern [name_u]Whitney[/name_u], so I adore that. [name_u]Britton[/name_u] is so cool. [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] on a little lass seems just perfect. I actually know a woman called [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], and it really suits her. I’ve always adored [name_u]Finley[/name_u] on a girl. I always thought that [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] would make a good name for the [name_m]Busby[/name_m] family, if you’re familiar with them. [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is just lovely. And, okay, my ultimate guilty pleasure sibset would be [name_u]Monroe[/name_u], Hepburn, and [name_f]Bette[/name_f]. I mean, how stinking cute would that be?! Linley is oh so sweet. [name_f]Locklyn[/name_f] has such an cool vibe. I quite like [name_f]Chesney[/name_f]. [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] is one of my favorite unisex names. [name_u]London[/name_u] is a great way to finish off the list - I adore that name! She’s a little bit literary, a la [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]London[/name_u], and a little bit spunky, and a whole lot of cute.

Some combos that I’m thinking of:

[name_f]Nellie[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u]
[name_f]Dolly[/name_f] Hepburn
[name_u]London[/name_u] [name_u]Wynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Whitley[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
Mclaine [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

Faria
[name_f]Jennison[/name_f]
[name_f]Monet[/name_f]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Collins[/name_u]
[name_m]Harris[/name_m]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_m]Lovell[/name_m]
[name_f]Garbo[/name_f]
[name_u]Leigh[/name_u]
[name_m]Mack[/name_m]
[name_u]Rees[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Hart[/name_m]

@josephinedagnall, I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] [name_f]Monet[/name_f]. So gorgeous. [name_u]Collins[/name_u] is utterly adorable. [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] reminds me of [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u], so a definite thumbs up from me there. [name_m]Hart[/name_m] would be beautiful. I also really like the idea of [name_u]Blake[/name_u]. Thank you so much!